Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

Lash

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 04:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Kudos to you!⭐️⭐️

Your life sounds like so much fun! I’m really good at issuing challenges; I’m going to have to set some fun goals for myself.

Sorry, not my moon on the Suwannee 🌖 but glad your eyes are peeled for all natural beauty.

Thanks for a smile to start my day.🙂
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 04:15 pm
Wearing: soft heather housedress
Hearing: Donna Reed
Eating: N/A
Drinking: catching up on water
Doing: recovering from work
Looking forward to: semi-retirement 🔥⭐️💥
Wanting: continued good fortune for the bairns and a nice evening community blues concert.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 06:23 pm
Wearing: street clothes
Hearing: Dishwasher. TV is muted.
Eating: Ate an hour ago
Drinking: nada
Doing: Writing a western story
Wanting: to take off these shoes
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2021 10:27 am
@edgarblythe,

Wearing: grey dress shirt, blue/black tie, dark tan pullover, tan khakies, (faux) blue suede shoes.
Hearing: office air conditioning; attorney talking on the phone with his door open.
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: The remains of my green tea.
Doing: Waiting for any assignment.
Wanting: Job and financial security with benefits.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 03:17 pm
Wearing: short-sleeved burgundy tunic, my favorite medium dark jeans, these fantastically comfy whitish-beige-ish camp slip-ons that I’m devoted to—despite worn appearance.
Hearing: YouTube narrative from Kirsten Dirksen’s unusual renovations. Today’s episode—Italian Alps stable to ‘dream home.’
Eating: Remembering Thai spaghetti very fondly.
Drinking: Last sip of Blue Moon
Doing: Waiting for sister arrival
Wanting: Yay!! Hug!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 03:56 pm
Haven't done this in a while

wearing: black watch plaid flannel shirt, jeans
hearing: the news on TV
eating: Carr's whole wheat crackers
drinking: old vine malbec
doing: resting after a jog/walk
feeling: wonderful - got to cuddle with my 8-months-old grandson this morning
wanting: to get the transition to Medicare over and done with
roger

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 03:58 pm
@George,
George wrote:

doing: resting after a jog/walk

Hey, I do that, too. Resting, I mean.
George

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 05:20 pm
@roger,
Don't want to sound obsessive, but I'm working on a personal best. It's all
about heart rate and breath control.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:20 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Transition to Medicare??
George

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 06:51 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
George wrote:
Transition to Medicare??

Yeah. When I was working, I got my medical insurance through my employer.
Then they laid me off. I'm 76, so I decided I might as well retire.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 07:28 pm
@George,
Well, Medicare B is all I carry. I looked at the supplements and decided that a, b, and c weren't useful. D was too expensive for me. Prescription coverage looked good the first year or two. Then the company that I selected changed their formulary, so I dropped it. So far, that's been a good decision. Your situation may be different, of course. I'm 77, by the way.

I think the premiums increase if you don't have "credible coverage". I know that idea applies to Medicare B. I believe my VA coverage counts, but I'm not sure. I'm also sure you've already discovered all this.
oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 08:06 pm
@George,
Avoid Medicare Advantage plans at all costs! The advertising makes them sound great, but if you later need expensive health care, they will deny you coverage or force you to accept cheap and less effective coverage.

Go with traditional government Medicare with an added Medigap policy.

Like this article says, would you rather have a Silver Sneakers plan or would you rather have top quality medical care:
Quote:
You might consider the choice between private Medicare Advantage and public traditional Medicare as a trade-off between Silver Sneakers and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. When you opt for a Medicare Advantage plan, you're likely to get a Silver Sneakers membership and unlikely to be covered at Memorial Sloan-Kettering. When you opt for traditional Medicare, you'll have coverage at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center or any other center of excellence you choose but no Silver Sneakers membership.
https://justcareusa.org/your-medicare-choices-silver-sneakers-v-memorial-sloan-kettering/
n0tarobot

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 08:53 pm
@oralloy,
I heard the same thing, that Medicare + Medigap is better... if I recall correctly, because Advantage Plans can have various extra requirements and restrictions.

Wearing: comfortable around-the-house clothes
Hearing: hiss of the computer; distant traffic (very quiet here)
Eating/drinking: nothing
Doing: looking for mild mental activity--word games--without the crudity and argumentativeness I've found on some websites
Feeling: a little tired; it's 9:48 pm. Got to get up and move around to avoid early bedtime.
Wanting: A solution to COVID-19.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2021 07:46 am
@roger,
Quote:
Then the company that I selected changed their formulary, so I dropped it. So far, that's been a good decision. Your situation may be different, of course.
I nixed part D too. I found a free plan for prescription drugs that actually works if your drugs are generics. Check 'Blink' out . MUCH lower cost.

Disclaimer
I have no financial interest in Blink.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2021 05:11 pm
Thanks for the Medicare info and advice.
We're still parsing the Medigap/Medicare Advantage stuff.

Luckily, I am on no meds at all and the lady only has a relatively inexpensive one.
George

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2021 05:18 pm
wearing: gray-green shirt & beige sweater, jeans
hearing: the lady making dinner
eating: had a banana a little while ago
drinking: eggnog with extra nog (brandy)
doing: reading up on dental plans
feeling: a little ticked, the plumber did not come to replace the bathroom faucets claiming he got a cancellation message
wanting: another eggnog
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2021 05:25 pm
@George,
Think of Medicare Advantage as bad insurance from before Obamacare took effect.

They make it sound wonderful, but if you later need expensive treatment at a top-grade medical center, they will refuse to authorize payment and only agree to pay for cheap and inferior treatments at cheap and inferior hospitals.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 07:00 pm
@George,
wearing: ironically white T-shirt and jeans (see doing for reason).
hearing: my room fan and tinnitus. That until I restart the peanuts Movie I have on another open browser tab.
eating: had a banana a little while ago
drinking: I wish eggnog with extra nog (brandy) or even just plain eggnog would suffice.
doing: trying to recoup my terrible NYE since I found out my flatmate has been diagnosed positive for COVID and I have to self-isolate tonight instead of going to my friend's apt for an unambitious NYE get together (something would have been better than nothing). I showered and got dressed and was ready to head out when my landlord texted me the bad news.
feeling: super depressed as my current crappy temp job has failed miserably when that firm closed for the past week for the holidays and won't likely reopen until the end of January for COVID reasons.
wanting: steady employment and subsequent financial security
n0tarobot

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 08:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
Uh oh...sorry.
Here's hoping that this time next year everything will be totally turned around. It happens.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 11:06 am
@tsarstepan,
Awful start to the year, Tsar.
I hope things get better fast for you.
0 Replies