Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

Lash

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 04:22 pm
wearing: black button-down blouse with 3/4 sleeves, old, tight jeans, a vibrant multi bangle bracelet with several varying shades and shapes of bead (I LOVE IT!), an old Grecian silver-medallion-style necklace, old banged up Grecian style sandal that has played in the Pacific and Atlantic. Why do i insist on wearing them to school? Makes note: buy new shoes!
hearing: mood music in my newest binge-worthy psychodrama: The Fall Loving the accents - set in Belfast.
drinking: Blue Moon
eating: still tasting a box of poison - from Burger King
doing: unwinding from rough week, catching a couple of installments from Longmire and The Fall.
feeling: I have a pretty impressively sore throat, mild nausea. Grateful this is bad for me.
wanting: healthy day! to feel well enough to go see the gran.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 06:58 pm
wearing: black yoga pants, grey T from long ago and far away.
hearing: Newest love in music: soundtrack from Longmire
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLghHHp0_jYiu395Msa8eef7w0AufRs20F
drinking: Pinot Noir
eating: nothing now
doing: trying not to think about work
feeling: better but still keeping doc appt
wanting: autonomy...? hmm better places to go? eh!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 07:17 pm
@George,
wearing:denim capri jeggings, multi tie-dye long sleeve t in plums and olive, bronze sequinned fitflops

do I love my fitflops? why yes I do!

http://www.schuhe.net/images/w/fitflop_rokkit_bronze.jpg

I just had to retire my red ones as well as the white/silver ones and it made me verra sad

I can walk for miles in these suckers and I love them

hearing: Martha Wainwright singing about Wakefield on Rich Terfry's Playlist
drinking: nothing. considering a decaf tea
eating: nothing, had some terrific pork fried rice earlier. I loaded that sucker up with diced red pepper and it was yum
doing: deciding if I should put socks on
feeling: yeah, that
wanting: whaddya want to trade for?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 07:53 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: ratty green henley shirt that I bought at a real store (Eddie Bauer, mens' section since that's where the henleys were) in Santa Monica Mall when the Mall was quite new and sparkly and still the Frank Gehry version. Egads, maybe that shirt is 30 years old; at least 20. Frayed "collar" gives it verve. Jean shorts, again. Same old dark blue not quite crocs. I can't wear thong flip flops anymore, wimpy inner toes. My mother's engagement ring, 1935; I'd replaced the lost stone, a kind of blue green, with a blue one and I forget what it is now. There are itty bitty diamonds of varied shapes. The ring itself is platinum, but I was told something somewhere I can't see is broken.
hearing: ceiling fan
drinking: A Carta Blanca, a favorite beer from yesteryear.
eating: about to throw together a sandwich - grocery store bakery rye (so not rye, much) with asadero cheese, genoa salami, mayo with chopped collards/sweet peppers
doing: resting from a potato session - peeled and diced and boiled about eight small to medium yellow potatoes so I can make fishcakes tomorrow. Baked three bigger ones to keep as ready to warm, to go with what I don't know yet in the coming days.
feeling: a sort of recharge for arranging my place, tossing and keeping and cleaning at the same time; did that for hours today, getting into it, sort of like my old self.
wanting: more action from myself re various odious tasks involving paperwork.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 11:17 am
@ossobuco,
wearing: Rattyish brown corduroy pants, dark blue and green dress shirt, black sneakers, black and striped dress socks.
hearing: Ozzy Osbourne - War Pigs on the office radio.
drinking: Water. Soon to be chai tea.
doing: Finishing this post before lunch of .... [see below]
eating: PB+ P (peanut butter and strawberry preserve sammich)
feeling: Still recovering from the bad work mojo of last week (especially Friday).
wanting: Is a winning lottery ticket too much to ask for?
looking forward to: Twilight Victorian Flatbush House Walking Tour on Friday and Chile Pepper Festival @ the Brooklyn Botanic Garden on Saturday.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 12:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
1) bad mojo none of my business, but don't mind hearing if you wanna tell, however vaguely. We've all been there.
2) I've got to buy a lotto ticket. It's been a few years now, and even then, maybe three a year. I don't usually throw money around. Anymore, at least. I used to sometimes when I had a normalish paycheck.
3) Looking forward to hearing about your walking tour. I'm interested.
4) Chile Pepper Festival (you/they spelled it the right way, the New Mexico way).
As I understand it (don't trust me) chiles from Mexico, not many miles away, have two ll's. Report, eh?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 09:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: ancient black yoga pants, tank that has a lichtenstein effect under a multi-patterned/uneven-hemmed tunic, the bronze fitflops, strange silver hairband thing that looks uh strange
hearing: bluegrass on the radio
drinking: exotic pineapple orange fruit juice cocktail
doing: decompressing after double dance class. Inspirations was errrr interesting. At one point we were directed to walk as if our feet were carrots growing roots into the ground two floors below Confused
eating: popcorn made in the microwave. not microwave popcorn
feeling: not as exhausted as I was last week after class
looking forward to: Hip Hip Hooray Cabaret on Saturday night. Valizan and the Shades of Araby will be hosting. With Valizan at the helm, it should be a good party.

http://shadesofaraby.valizan.com/images/Shades-of-Araby-frontnew.jpg

(start in at about the 1 minute mark to see the fun start)
ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 06:52 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: ancient black yoga pants, odd pink long-sleeved t-shirt that has some chiffony stuff at the bottom. old faux snakerprint sandals (the fitflops committed hara kiri earlier today), desitin on the bug bites on my arms
hearing: stuff about VW testing code
drinking: blueberry/white tea
doing: relaxing after a day of adventures with my friend Anna
eating: nothing. hoping Set brings home snacks tonight
feeling: tired
looking forward to: Hip Hip Hooray Cabaret tomorrow night. I just got a note from one of the organizers asking me to work the door for them tomorrow. Cool. Free admission to the next three shows? extra cool

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 03:37 am
@ehBeth,
what does the fat guy in the prom dress do?
Lash

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 07:30 am
wearing: comfy black cotton T, stretchy tight-ish black things I use for tights or leggings sometimes - neon yellow thin comfy workout jacket with thumb-holes and grey piping, reading glasses 3X
hearing: daughter chopping onions for omelet, ceiling fans
drinking: coffee, lackluster second cup. Wistful memory of first sip this morning...
eating: had some sort of yummy toast from Udi's Ridiculous Food Allergy People's Bread, lil buttah and honey
doing: trying to get geared up for a busy Sat. Will spend half the day on planning the next unit for 10th grade lit and comp, washing clothes, reading Ta Nehisi Coates' recent book. (grin) Have to hurry. One of the kids in my class saw it and wants it.
feeling: ok
wanting: to regain energy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 03:45 pm
wearing: strapless silky floor-length silvery dress with pink swirlies on the boobs, this is the kind of dress you pull up over your boobs and it's fitted there and sort of, I don't know... flows to the floor. This is the worst description I can imagine. haha. I've had this dress for years, super casual but looks dressy for school. I think I have to throw it away. So old the hem is getting frayed... I keep old things forever. A little knit white sweater so my bra straps don't show. No shoes.
hearing: breathless laptop.
drinking: water but mulling coffee or tea.
eating: mulling Udi's Ridiculous Food Allergy People's Bread with a lil buttah and honey
doing: basking!!!!! in the coolness of no work tomorrow. I just want to throw spears and do a voodoo dance.
feeling: pretty damn good about many things
wanting:
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 04:17 pm
wearing: Green and black plaid western-style shirt, faded black jeans,
black canvas slide belt.
hearing: the news.
drinking: fresh apple cider from yesterday's apple-picking (fortified
with Bacardi rum).
eating: nothing now, but getting ready for some haddock.
feeling: still on a high from baby-sitting my grandson.
wanting: to see Lash in a strapless silky floor-length silvery dress with
pink swirlies on the boobs
Lash

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 04:52 pm
@George,
Great. I'll send pics... haha
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 09:16 pm
@George,
wearing: black wideleg dance pants, weird purple t that is now a few sizes too big. it was a bit awkward in class.
hearing:an excited young scientist talking about mosquitos and pond temperatures in Greenland
drinking: nothing. want something fizzy
eating: I'm on my fourth small yogurt. warmed baguette with a shmear of butter
feeling: worn out from combo class and bootcamp bur proud that I hung in there in combo class with the pro girls. curious if I've been practicing the right zill combo for lavender. I've got a feeling it might not have been.
wanting: to see what Audra is going to throw at us tonight in inspirations.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 09:20 pm
@farmerman,
Valizan's the lead instructor and dancer of The Shades of Araby

fabulous guy

a couple of us are planning to start classes with him soon. one of his dancers approached me at Saturday night's show - suggested I'd fit into their troupe. mmm ok. I'm already in a Turkish Romani troupe and looking at more gigs with Maysa and Feast. I know I say learning choreos is part of my Alzheimer's prevention program but 4 troupes? that's toooo many.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 07:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: my old Lucca tee shirt, the one I wanted to give to littlek because it was too small for me back then in the early 2000's. (Her family was originally from sort of near there and she knew the area). She knew what a sentimental person I am, and as it happens, the tee shirt is just the right size now. Garish dark pink stretch pants, so comfortable. I had been going to weed, thus my wearing them. Yellow faux crocs. That's ok, they go with the Lucca lettering, and, besides, my feet are under the desk so I don't have to look at them.
Hearing the old cd, Amore II, love arias, on a little loud in the living room since I'm cooking (kitchen near there), and now in the back of the place while soup simmers. Hmm, I need to pick up a second cd player.
Drinking not terrible cabernet
eating Soup soon. (black and pinto beans, diced collards, two kinds of sausages, caramelized onions, 2 garlic cloves, broken up linguine, not too much tomato sauce, some chile pepper, some turmeric. Maybe some toast tossed in at the end. Most of the ingredients are previously cooked/stored.)
feeling guilty for again not getting up at the crack of dawn and weeding before it gets hot and I don't want to.
wanting Orderly deportment by me on a bunch of tasks that are overdue.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 11:27 am
@ossobuco,
wearing: Chocolate brown dress pants, black dress shirt, black dress socks, black sneakers.
hearing: Jim Gaffigan and Adam Goldberg snipping at each other on an episode of The Jim Gaffigan Show (2015).
drinking: Chai tea.
doing: Lunch breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.
eating: That's a need to know basis only.
feeling: One part ehhh, one part uhhh, and one part comme ci, comme ca.
looking forward to: RiffTrax Live 2015, Miami Connection! Thursday night! Very Happy
glitterbag

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:01 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what does the fat guy in the prom dress do?

Unfortunately, the fat guy in the prom dress will be over looked and others with less talent will be celebrated. To paraphrase a song from the late 50's, ohooooooo, tragedy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:15 pm
@tsarstepan,

wearing: Pink long tee shirt (my fav nightgown)
hearing: Morgan Freeman on the Steve Colbert show
drinking: Moonshine (Im kidding, just ice water)
doing: winding down in order to fall asleep
eating: a hunk of Noni's English Toffee (sweet)
feeling: mellow, I'm ignoring the knuckle draggers
wanting: Peace in our lifetime
looking forward to: spending time with my family tomorrow

glitterbag

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 09:12 pm
@glitterbag,
,: prom dress that I borrowed from the fat guy
hearing: audio of The Good Wife
drinking: ice water
doing: just finished cleaning poor vizsla dog Ruby's gunky ear (she was not happy)
eating: nothing, I'm happy with the water
feeling: Seems I've got to have a change of scene
Every night I have the strangest dreams
Imprisoned by the way it could have been
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I scream
But someone locked the door and took the key

You feelin' alright?
I'm not feelin' too good myself
Well, you feelin' alright?
I'm not feelin' too good myself

Crowd cheers for the late great Joe Cocker