Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 08:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks, gurl.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 09:09 pm
@Lash,
wearing: A German Shorthair sweatshirt
hearing: Anthony Bordain in San Francisco
eating: Nothing
drinking: Hot Cocoa
doing: This, what else
looking forward to: Something other than this
feeling: Goofy
wanting: Puppies
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:44 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: over-the-knee black leather boots with lots of buckles, black/grey argyle tights, long grey sweater-dress, a Not the Nutcracker pin
hearing: still grooving to http://www.ensemblepolaris.com/mp3s/Not%20the%20Wind.mp3
definitely the best concert I went to this year
eating: just had leftover stuffing
drinking: ginger ale
doing: enjoying the happy, mellow mood Ensemble Polaris put me in tonight
looking forward to: going out for drinks, chatter, olives and more drinks with one of the troupes I dance with tomorrow night
feeling: like I could listen to these guys forever http://www.ensemblepolaris.com/mp3s/Sugar%20Plum%20Fairy.mp3
wanting: good music all the time

musical saw just makes the classics so much better

having an omg moment

just realized that was Ursula Franklin sitting just to the right of me

omfg

she still comes out to events occasionally, haven't seen her in a couple of years

just an amazing human being

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/03/amazing-structure-a-conversation-with-ursula-franklin/284349/
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: black jogging pants, white socks, and an old navy blue Biscuits and Bath sweatshirt.
hearing: A really long piano piece from the Howard Shore A Dangerous Mind score, performed by Lang Lang.
eating: Nothing. Just finished an apple minutes ago.
drinking: Just water.
doing: Just buzzing about a2k tonight.
looking forward to: Going to see Seth Rogen and James Franco ham it up in The Interview Sunday afternoon.

Also, looking forward to hosting the Into The Woods meetup next Saturday.
feeling: A bit blase and mildly uninspired.
wanting: Financial security.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 01:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: charcoal black dress pants, fuschia dress shirt, black pullover, brown sneakers.
hearing: Chris Hardwick and the @Midnight game show.
eating: Nothing.
drinking: Just water.
doing: Allegedly working after my lunch break finished.
looking forward to: Going to the Cocoa Bar in Brooklyn to meet a few friends this Saturday.
feeling: A lost and mildly uninspired. My usual self.
wanting: Financial security: Bills be gone!
mismi

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 05:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: blue jeans, black sketchers with these ribbons crossing all over...very cool. Black shirt with gold zippers on the pockets...and gold buttons. I have my coat on. Because I am cold. Hugemongous gold hoops and I got my hair cut. It is no longer long...looks like this:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/5f/f6/5e/5ff65e49206283c2b1a7f23f6a598c7e.jpg
that's not me though...I'm not exotic - at all....I miss my pony tail and my messy knots on top of my head. Really - I do.
hearing: piano playing by the oldest twink warring with Call of Duty gun fire and a little hall ball going on. It's a bit crazy.
eating: Nothing.
drinking: Nothing
doing: What I do best....procrastinating
looking forward to: sleeping
feeling: actually a little achey...not sure if it is from lifting weights or possibly getting sick....hope it is from the weights.
wanting: Financial security: Bills be gone! Gah Tsars! Ain't that the truth?
panzade

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 07:08 pm
@mismi,
http://media.tumblr.com/962334ba586556636470113d6bc30dad/tumblr_inline_n5zvk4y6x91soqy1j.gif
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
OH!
0000000000000000000000000Never mind!

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 07:37 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: ordinary old blue jeans, no idea of the year, I always get them at thrifts. I used to have at least a dozen pair when I painted a lot, now down to three, in case I thin down for the black jeans; my tee shirt I bought in Lucca that turned out to be too small then, that I tried to give to littlek but she said keep it, and glad I did, as it fits now (littlek having family in that area).
Over that, a too big yellow item from elizabeth claiborne via St. Vincent's Center. Used to be just right. Over that, my sort of quilty vest. I like vests, have several for a long time, most from thrifts but superior quality, since I've been near some wonderful thrifts. Re vests - among other things, they are good nipple covers.
Slogging in my oft reported rubber japanese sandals. They never die.
On hair, I've cut mine for the last eight years.
Hearing: my ears
Eating: Nothing. Ate some homemade pita with this and that a while ago.
Drinking: bourbon and almond milk on ice - now there's a oxymoron
Doing: What I do best....procrastinating
Looking forward to: some yard work tomorrow; I still like doing that and it has gotten warmer this end of the week.
Feeling scared and fighting
Wanting: what Tsar said.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2015 08:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: black shearling lined clogs. this pair is getting old. probably their last winter. black yoga pants. brown/tan striped top. interesting shirring down the front. long sage boatneck tunic. a funny metal-flowered headband. growing out bangs is annoying
Hearing: something about the Louisiana Purchase on the radio. Portable heater whirring.
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: root beer
Doing: listening for the dryer bell. Knitting in between posting and other stuff.
Looking forward to: Tafelmusik tomorrow night. The reviews are amazing. We'll see. I'm not really a Beethoven fan.
Feeling meh
Wanting: I have no idea but something
mismi

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 02:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
growing out bangs is annoying

This is true. Mine are right to in front of my ears. So I can't quite tuck them behind....So I get this lock of hair hanging in my eyes once the hair spray seal breaks. Then I am pushing them back constantly. It is annoying. Then I end up getting a clip and pinning them up top - kind of shitzu-ish. Lovely. Can't wait until they get about an inch longer.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 05:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: black shearling lined clogs. again. brown yoga pants. grey tank under black/white striped top under giant navy blue sweat jacket. turquoise silk scarf. peridot polar fleece hat. it's getting cold and there is a draft somewhere <scowls> and my bangs are still growing
Hearing: something about a really stupid professor in my hometown. Portable heater whirring.
Eating: Nothing.
Drinking: hot chocolate with some hazelnut coffee stirred in
Doing: finally figured out how to load stuff onto the kindle so I'm downloading and uploading books and music and practice videos and audio books. going to knit a bit more later
Looking forward to: basic black dance class with Audra. I am super-loving classes at The Dark Side
Feeling ready for spring. also a bit weird that I'm not taking classes at the Egyptian Dance Academy any more. It's been about 7 years since I started going there. I know every dent in the walls.
Wanting: spring ... and no more bangs
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 05:51 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
Then I end up getting a clip and pinning them up top - kind of shitzu-ish. Lovely.

I am way too familiar with that effect
mismi

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 09:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Laughing Lately it is every day.

Ah well.

Here's to No More Bangs.....and no more Winter. Ching Ching. Wink
ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 09:16 pm
@mismi,
in anticipation of spring, I went to see Ethel today and booked an appt to have lavender hilites added to my hair next week Cool

mebbe it's the first step to being an old lady with blue hair

http://www.fabulousfaces.com/lib/upload/lrs1482_1.jpg

or something else entirely

https://journeyintothespectrum.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/blue-hair.jpg

http://www.short-haircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Short-Hair-Color-for-Women-2.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2015 09:16 am
It will look like the third pic. That is stunning. Love it. Of course the second one is entertaining as well. Wink
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2015 03:14 pm
Wearing: Bruins hoodie, seriously decrepit jeans, slippers.
Hearing: "Happy Together" by the The Turtles.
Eating: Guinness Beef Stew pretty soon.
Drinking: Rum.
Doing: Resting up after an afternoon of throwing snow.
Looking forward to: Meeting with Nigel who's been all over the map interviewing for grad school.
Feeling: Achy
Wanting: More rum
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 12:05 am
So? Beth? How are the violet high lights?

Pictures?

I am 3 glasses of wine into a late night. Watching for the big freeze down south. I wish it would snow so bad it makes my eyes water.

I know y'all have it in abundance. But really, I love snow so much. I know I would hate it if I were buried in it as much as y'all but really...something about it is so beautiful.

I am such an infant. So disappointed the winter weather has passed us by...again.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 09:18 pm
@mismi,
need pix

it's more like 3 but with just a few bits of purple and a heaping helping of blonde <wow>

freaking cold here

we have a fair amount of snow but what we have more of is steenking cold
mismi

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:59 pm
@ehBeth,
I do want to see pics. Smile I would have never thought purple...but I really like it.
I have had both red and blue streaks. I love blue.

Still snowing up there? We have another threat Thursday here. I will believe it when I see it.

Wearing: Black yoga pants, oatmeal tank, grey hoodie, fluffy slippers
Hearing: Angry Birds music...so annoying.
Drinking: Nothing
Eating: Nothing
Doing: Trying to avoid laundry. Dog threw up on one of the boys bed because he got into the garbage. So I had to wash every thing. yuck. Then I went and stripped all of the beds. I am not sure why. It wasn't really time. It was impulsive and now I am sorry. Razz
Looking forward to: Walking Dead. Eating at my in-laws. Baseball season.
mismi

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 06:31 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: Pilazzo pants - black, white t-shirt, Grey sweater with silver threads shot through it. Converse tennis shoes. Tortoise shell glasses...my little cubic zirc studs.
Hearing: rain on the roof
Eating: thinking about it
Drinking: thinking about it
Doing: The same thing I am doing every time I come on here. Smile
Looking forward to: I think bed. I am done with this day.
Feeling: overwhelmed. antsy. my throat is still feeling weird.
Wanting: I'm looking for my gumption. Lost it a couple of weeks ago and need it to turn back up. Desperately.