Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 05:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Ok, then, I'll try it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 08:27 pm
wearing: stretchy thinly striped blue and white mini, a black Ocean Beach T.
eating: nothing, but smelling awesome new recipe - featuring black bean/quinoa / veggie stuffed zucchini. Yeah! (starving)
drinking: cran-apple juice
doing: waiting for dude to come home and eat awesome-smelling dinner wid me.
hearing: whoop. garage door opening.
looking forward to : denouement
feeling: pretty damn good
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 11:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: hello kitty boxer shorts, giant white t (is it Set's?), bronze sparkle fit flops
Hearing: news on the radio re Gaza situation
Eating: nothing
Drinking: cucumber fizzy water
Doing: decompressing from performance high
Looking forward to: dancing again tomorrow!
Feeling: sort of tired, sort of giddy
Wanting: it all !

http://delhi4cats.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/perspectives.jpg

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 01:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Beth, you are probably tired today..

wearing: jean shorts, tacky faux crocs, red and black tee, oh, and my japanese shop fish pendant earrings. Just trimmed my hair, lovely my dear.
eating: nothing, but slow roasting ordinary brown onions (peeled) in glass dish with 'pure' type olive oil, hmade mustard, garlic, fresh rosemary and tosses of salt, pepper, turmeric powder. We'll see. This may become soup.
drinking: nothing, but I just bought some good limes, thinking about trying Beth's lime and mint ade.
doing: in general, I'm categorizing/listing my books, no small task - I like my books.
hearing: Renee Fleming, Depuis le jour ou je me suis donnee
looking forward to: what?
feeling: glad Fall is on it's way one of these weeks

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 07:54 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: floral denim capris, white peasant blouse over a deep peach tank, bronze sparkle fitflop knockoffs, weird new hairdo
eating: just had a piece of red licorice
drinking: lemon fizzy water
doing: getting ready for a week of dance insanity (4 classes, 2 workshops, 1 gala, and 1 performance between now and this time next week)
hearing: something about Rosemary's Baby on the radio
looking forward to: dance insanity, of course! starting classes with 3 new instructors, and the workshops are with instructors I've been curious about
feeling: like the weather is perfect right now!
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 01:13 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: white/blue polar fleece jammie pants, white cotton knit dress thing, purple poncho, sparkly bronze fitflops
eating: nothing
drinking: nothing
doing: decompressing from all those dance classes and workshops noted above ^^^ thinking about getting ready for tonight's traditional choreo class, wondering if we've got rehearsal for a possible gig on Thursday
hearing: traffic update on the radio
looking forward to: traditional choreo with Audra - she totally kicked my ass last week and I want that pain again Smile
feeling: really blessed to have spent the time with some amazing amazing women in the past week
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 01:24 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: Tangerine lycra workout jumpsuit complete with catflap, Ugg boots and a Robin Hood cap, worn at a rakish angle.
eating: Something that looks like it's had a long fall but is called a pizza.
drinking: Bulls Blood Wine from Hungary.
doing: Crocheting a posing pouch for winter art classes.
hearing: The hound yip yip yipping through another squirrel related dream.
looking forward to: Friday's pole vaulting lesson.
feeling: Severe nipple rub from the lycra.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 06:43 pm
@Lordyaswas,
wearing: sort of long shorts which are navy with white palm trees and some writing I can't figure out; and old favorite tee shirt - Rose Cafe, Venice, CA; has big red rose and cafe name on black background. My brand new cheapo slippers, 2 pair for $10.00/Walgreens. Faux animal skin, very tacky, slightly too small. I figure they'll fall apart soon enough.
eating: not yet. About to make chinese egg rolls. Waiting to get in the mood. This time I'll saute them instead of bake.
drinking: New Belgium 1554 beer (from Colorado).
doing: avoiding making egg rolls
hearing: the neighbor's dachshunds barking. Always makes me happy.
looking forward to: finally buying some barley malt syrup.. Have to go to a health food store for it. I want to make a certain rye bread recipe - pane nero from Bolzano (Carol Fields); also it's apparently just the thing for homemade bagels
feeling: wishing it would hurry up and get cooler here.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 06:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Lordy - a posing pouch?
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Nudity in those drafty, cavernous art department studios can wreak havoc on a ballsac.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2014 09:37 pm
@Lash,
Poor baby Lordy...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 05:00 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: My favorite dark red dress shirt, chocolate brown corduroys, chocolate brown sneakers.
eating: Various finger food appetizers.
drinking: Free Finlandia vodka cocktails.
doing: Not socializing since I don't know anyone here. Won two tickets to some charity shindig.
hearing: Pleasant instrumental house music.
looking forward to: Dinner on Saturday with my friends.
feeling: Frustrated since I can't bring myself to actually ask people to do things with me outside of meetup groups. I could have invited a friend to share tonight's fun event but....
panzade

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 07:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I could have invited a friend to share tonight's fun event but....

But what?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 07:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Won two tickets to some charity shindig.

try to do that again in November when my pal A will be visiting her sister/family in Tribeca - you can show A a good time Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:08 am
@ehBeth,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
I could have invited a friend to share tonight's fun event but....

But what?

I was bitten by the shy bug. Embarrassed

ehBeth wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:
Won two tickets to some charity shindig.

try to do that again in November when my pal A will be visiting her sister/family in Tribeca - you can show A a good time Smile

I'll keep on keeping on. Plenty of contests in the Village Voice as well as Time Out NY.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 11:02 am
@tsarstepan,
and go see Rasa at the Burlesque Competition I tagged you in - go say hi to her, tell her Beth from Tranna sent you. She's crazy fabulous and it will be a great night out.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, Tsary, go see Rasa!

wearing: blue jeans, olden thousand times washed henley shirt, now a cloudy sort of pale green, my most sophisticated faux crocks (the dark blue ones)
eating: not yet. I've the stuff out on the counter - fresh cabbage to slice; the canned tuna I made up a while ago; the yuza soy sauce concoction I made after reading about Tuna taquitos at JoeAllens on Roberta's thread (in my case using limes and lemon);jar of green chile salsa; the jar of pickled ginger; the flour tortilla to heat and wrap this stuff. I tried it a couple of days ago but didn't have the cabbage, mine having died miserably in the fridge. It tasted pretty good anyway then.
drinking: splash of gin, many ice cubes, big squeeze lime, some sugar, some dried apple mint leaves, topped with Apollonaris mineral water. Good, very good.
doing just finishing up roasting red onions with butter/honey/balsamic vinegar, s/p,thyme. Plan is to eventually copy my recent favorite pizza, this one - "Balsalmic glazed onions, crimini mushrooms, gorgonzola, fontina, toasted pine nuts....." I even bought some pine nuts, extravagant for moi.
hearing: nada but my ears singing
looking forward to: seeing Diane on Monday
feeling: lazy girl
panzade

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:45 pm
@ossobuco,
woof woof!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:47 pm
@panzade,
Arf! Arf!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: a very odd combo. short-sleeved black/white baroque-patterned top, black/white tweed thing that is a combo of a poncho and a vest, black yoga pants, grey/black socks. random snake print slip-on shoes
eating: nothing
drinking: fizzy lemonade
doing: considering what colour hair I'd like to have tomorrow. waiting to flip laundry into dryer
hearing: something on the radio I can't quite hear over the fan. Set popping the poptop on a soda upstairs
looking forward to: going out to the hip hip hooray cabaret with Max and Kyla tomorrow, and dancing until Max looks like he's sweat through 2 or 3 t-shirts
feeling: fine thank you