Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 10:07 pm
@mismi,
wearing: Black sweatpants, old baby-blue Biscuits and Bath t-shirt, black bathrobe.
eating: Nothing.
drinking: Water.
doing: Procrastinating going to sleep by screwing around here at a2k and at IMDb.
hearing: A relatively old Youtube video of Iron And Wine covering George Michael.
looking forward to : A meetup to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge Sunday afternoon (4/28/14).
feeling: Frustrated by my inability to connect with people socially in the real world.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 10:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hey, wait, I think I get you, and I am real. I'm too old, of course, but I'm not the only one out there.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 10:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I find it easier to socialize online. I am grateful for the real friendships I have here (including you Ossobuco) at a2k.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 10:56 pm
Not to be mushy, but I love you. Hang in there re regular life persons. Oh, apparent real life persons..
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 11:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
feeling: Frustrated by my inability to connect with people socially in the real world.

I never would have imagined.
You're so charming in this environment
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 11:53 pm
@Lash,
Going on 10 years since you started this marvelous thread Lash.
mismi

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 09:11 am
@tsarstepan,
wearing: blue jeans, black shirt with gold buttons and gold zippers on the pockets, hair in a huge wad on top of my head, gold loop earrings, bare feets
drinking: coffee - black with sugar.
doing: hanging out while my boys laze watching TV trying to recuperate.
hearing: TV - some goofy cartoon
looking forward to : just enjoying the moment. Have plenty to worry about the next couple of days - enjoying the calm before the storm.
feeling: happy my babies are home from Orlando with the band from school. Good trip - but I missed those sweet faces. A wee bit of trepidation about the next few days....tornadoes expected. Do not want a repeat of April 27th from a couple of years ago.

Tsars - we all feel that way sometime I think. A2K is kind of my go to for down time. But I tend to have an artistic temperament that can be reclusive at times. I totally get having issues socially. I can be on - but when I am off baby - I am OFF. Wink
Lash

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 09:47 am
@panzade,
Thanks, panz. I still have too many of the same clothes...ha
panzade

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:27 am
@Lash,
I expected...shoes. But close enough.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 10:17 pm
@mismi,
wearing: wide-leg black dress pants, white lace-front 3/4 sleeve t under a silver sequinned black sleeveless jacket, a ton of gig makeup
drinking: lime fizzy water
doing: playing here and on FB while I decompress
hearing: political discussion on radio
looking forward to : crazy awesome dance stuff next weekend - a friend performing in her first big production, going to a workshop with one of the stars of our dance world, a fun gig at Dancenette - with a lot of practice mixed in between
feeling: amazed that I have a life that includes a gig bag
ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 10:53 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: my best fit jeans, the ones I was wearing when last painting a bathroom in california. Thus, dots of rosy speckles on black. An ordinary long red tee. Slightly sandy navy faux crocs.
eating: Working on making a torta, will have a slice then... 20 more minutes. Ricotta, colby cheese, wee mozzarella, eggs, onions, green beans, eggplant, mushrooms, chile flakes, pepper, plus the oil crust.
drinking last of the not bad beer
doing: gearing up for tomorrow.
hearing: my ears.
looking forward to: I dunno, all sorts of baddies possible
feeling: happy enough that a horse I like won.
mismi

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: shredded jeans,cream lace flutter shirt over a spaghetti strap cami...bare feets, hair is all over the place. Need a scrunchy. pearl dangly earrings...
eating: No - I think I am finished for the day.
drinking: rum and coke.
doing: thinking
hearing: Martin Sexton
looking forward to:getting some answers
feeling: I'm a bit blue...it's a bittersweet thing - nothing too heavy - just tinged a bit baby blue today.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 04:05 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: wow, same Kev's logo'd workshirt in moss green, black yoga pants, same worn, comfy Birkenstocks (I resolve now not to wear this again for...a week) New silver necklace with circular, rhinestone encrusted orb, matching sparkly orb earrings, granny reading glasses.
eating: yummy Weight Watcher Chocolate truffle ice cream stick.
drinking: Blue Moon waiting for resumption after dessert.
doing: deciding more chores or beach
hearing: Some weird Demi Moore/Michael Caine heist movie
looking forward to: June trip
feeling: pretty good
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 06:35 pm
wearing: underwear and black t shirt (just wanted to chill), mismatched socks for warmth.
eating: nothing
drinking: nothing
doing: half-assed watching Jane Eyre, waiting to make enormous salad and salmon
hearing: ridiculous storm music a la Jane Eyre
looking forward to: Boston
feeling: misplaced
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 07:55 pm
wearing:Sweat shorts with faded Washington Redskins logo

hearing:Rangers Penguins game announcer yelling "And he scooooooooores!"

eating:Chef's salad with quartered artichokes and Kalamata olives.

drinking:Fresh brewed iced tea with a lemon slice

doing:Making a to-do list for tommorrow

looking forward to:Flying to Seattle

feeling:Sad after giant row at band practice

wanting:Things to work out[/quote]
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 08:12 pm
wearing: my olive green sorta capri pants and a long lived faded henley tee, also greenish, and tacky faux crocs, the dark blue ones.

hearing: barking dachshunds named Rocco and Scout - next door

eating: soon, warmed up mashed potato/roasted carrot/caramelized onion/spicy mushroom etc. chicken broth soup

drinking: a glass of whatsit - New Belgium 1554 Black Lager

doing: avoiding worrying

looking forward to: (well, planning to) weed early in the morning. Hate weeding in the wind, which happens later.

feeling: wishing happy different coast trips for Lash and Panzade

wanting: things to work out/many places, but here too
mismi

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 07:07 am
@ossobuco,
wearing:black big leg pants -do they call them pilazzo?, light cotton sweater with these cool crochet panels down each sleeve. It's has big stripes...black and cream. Silver flip flops, big A silver hoop earrings. Hair is in this hybrid ponytail thing today. Getting too long. Need to cut it.
hearing:Pistol being OC about cleaning his paws.
eating:nothing
drinking:about to get some black coffee with sugar
doing:nothing much
looking forward to:mmm not sure. Whatever the next thing is I guess.
feeling:I'm still a bit bitter-sweet.
wanting:energy....I need my gumption to come back.
mismi

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 01:55 pm
@mismi,
wearing: jeans, matte gold flip flops, brown Community t-shirt, brown shiny mandarin color lightweight jacket - air conditioning makes me chilly - it's too humid without it so I am stuck wearing it. gold hoop earrings, messy top knot...no makeup. brown cat-eye glasses with lovely little rhinestones in the corners of each side....I look like this except I never wear mauve: http://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/ac874114b3b9f5e00f778d9cbe8e10c75204d146.jpg
hearing: NFL drafts - ugh.
eating: just finished Chicago style pizza - I may never eat again
drinking: coke
doing: waiting to pick up my 14 year old.
looking forward to: the next thing. I am not looking too far into the future...it overwhelms me.
wanting: gumption still hasn't made it back....missing it very badly.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 03:04 pm
@mismi,
wearing:Gray and Black striped maxi skirt, black long sleeve - very thin black over-sized dressy T. Bare feets - my toenails are turquoise. I can't stop looking at them. LOVE. Hair is in a very low side pony...silver hoops...my favorite new jewelry - pop top bracelet.
hearing: Birds (the boys are at the ball park YAY!)
eating: nothing
drinking: I should be drinking water
doing: enjoying the quiet
looking forward to: taking everything one day at a time. Right now - I am looking forward to ironing a sheet that I have painted advertising the percussion garage sale next weekend. It won't be fun - but it's my next project.
feeling: I am still doing my inner happy dance
wanting: energy....I STILL need my gumption to come back. I swear if it doesn't return soon I am going to go bonkers.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 04:07 pm
@mismi,
wearing: Black sweatpants, tan t-shirt, bare feetsies as well. Wouldn't mind having turquoise toenails. Wink
hearing: Bob Hoskins in Mona Lisa.
eating: Waiting for a Seamless delivery of spaghetti with mushroom sauce.
drinking: Water.
doing: Watching a movie
looking forward to: Godzilla on the IMAX screen.
feeling: Glummy and hungry.
wanting: Meh. Mismi, if I could grant you some needed energy to do what you need, I'd send it posthaste via a Tweet or something quicker. Until then here's a (((hug))).
0 Replies