Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 09:30 pm
Wearing: A black Polo Jeans/Ralph Lauren T shirt, blue jeans, socks, one of my old braclets, as well as my wifes ponytail holder, I put them on my wrists when I brush her hair and stuff.
Hearing: A song by George Strait...."Run"....very simple song, that has a great deal of feeling to it....."You can't get here fast enough"
Eating: Chili Cheese Fritos....I once at a bag of these on top of a 5th of cheap whisky about 26 yrs ago {was a jr in high school}.....I'm just now able to eat them again.
Drinking: Coke~A~Cola
Doing: Talking to my sister on the Facebook, besides my wife, she's clearly my best friend...she's uber terrific. We are planning our parents anniversary party.
Looking forward to: Summer, I've had all I need of old man winter....can't wait to get on my John Deer. I told them this year they were not going to get me off the thing....I'm gonna mow the whole town if I want to.
Feeling: Very, very....very content. I'm pretty sure that I've managed to bury an old hatchet {if that makes any sense} and it only took 25 yrs...who would have thought that young love gone wrong could hurt for so long.
Wanting: At the moment, not one damn thing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 04:24 pm
@mismi,
wearing:the cream sweater clog slippers, funky funky dance pants - black base - purple/white/mauve art deco floral on black from the knee down, white wrap t, down coat
hearing: a radio feature about women of colour in music in Toronto ... just discovered that the odd sound I could hear was the old boydog finishing off the old girldog's lunch. I guess his supper will be a bit light.
eating: nothing but I want one of those spinach pies I brought home
drinking: a very cold cup of tea
doing: waiting for the kettle to boil. trying to warm up
looking forward to: more classes with Jaene. She's freaking awesome.
feeling: puzzled about why I'm now dancing with "ATS" arms. I've never taken an ATS class. Bizarre.
wanting: staff
mismi

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:46 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing:low riders that are wet up to my knees, and my rump is pretty damp as well. Black fleece shirt, turquoise tank, Chuck Taylors....they need washing. hair is braided on the side. It is a mess.
hearing: iHeartRadio...Steven Curtis Chapman station...
eating: I am about to...trying to make up my mind what.
drinking: awater
doing: taking a break from cleaning the roof and gutters, washing the car, cleaning off and old tarp, rinsing my front porch off....it's why I am soaking wet.
looking forward to: being done and relaxing. I need to get off my butt though...much more to do before I can do that happily.
feeling a little chilly willy. Need to go get dried off.
wanting: more time, more money, more wisdom, discernment,
Swimpy

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 02:28 pm
@mismi,
wearing:brown cotton pants and my DNR work shirt
hearing:blessed silence
eating:nothing but I'm hungry.
drinking: nothing but I'm thirsty.
doing: trying to hang in there for 40 more minutes til it's time to go home.
looking forward to: being home.
feeling :a little anxious.
wanting: to be in Austria.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 03:21 pm
@Swimpy,
wanting: to know how the visit from Swimpy's tiny guest was
Swimpy

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 07:56 am
@ehBeth,
Weeeelll. It was both heaven and hell. Loved the time we got to spend with the little one. She is a pip - funny and smart as a whip. But I would never suggest traveling across many time-zones with a two year-old.

That said, we miss her terribly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 07:45 pm
@Swimpy,
wearing: black yoga pants, black tank with lace at the hem, black socks and clogs, a giant cream/black pullover I bought for Set but seem to have adopted
hearing: Vinyl Tap - tonight's show is all about the wahwah pedal - so right now it's Eric Clapton and Cream
eating: nothing but I had a good meal of pork/stewed tomatoes earlier
drinking: nothing but I'm thirsty.
doing: trying to pay attention to the dog walking around upstairs - I need to head over if she tried to go down the stairs on her own
looking forward to: more weather like today. sunny and cool. I love this.
feeling : happy that Swimpy had time with her little pip
wanting: someone to realize that time change is just stupid stupid stupid and getting rid of the whole stupid stupid idea
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 07:52 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: jeans, so old; striped jersey long sleeve tee, dark green linin thick vest, my usual plastico shoes.
hearing: I have the Cream album, but having trouble setting up my turntable with albums
eating: nothing
drinking: a bit of booze
doing: also paying attention to dog
looking forward to: no complaints, today was beautiful
feeling: don't get me started
wanting: I'm ok with time change, it always helps me with my particular eyes.
bsingh5

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 07:02 am
@ossobuco,
wearing: my favorite blue skirt, a striped shirt, and fuzzy pink socks
hearing: the rain pitter patter on the roof of my house
drinking: water
doing: my outlines
looking forward to: next school year
feeling: tired, complacent
wanting: someone I shouldn't
ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 02:53 pm
dropping off my boots

http://www.pikolinos.com/img_web_grupopikolinos/2-VERO%20829-9154%20PK-RON(47).jpg

Pikolinos - beyond comfortable
ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 02:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Those are gorgeous, beth.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 02:54 pm
@ehBeth,
I LIKE
ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 08:24 pm
@mismi,
Those shoes were the very best thing about Wednesday.

I still can't get over how comfortable they are.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 12:20 am
@bsingh5,
WEARING: my MUCK BOOTS in the barn, very warm and dry feet. Covered in a Goretes Barn suit, topped off with a merino wool "homeless hat"

http://www.hanksclothing.com/media/zoom/resized/wde-mobu-1_size0.jpg

HEARING : hundreds of sheep and lambs quietly vocalizing to each other .
LISTENING FOR: any unusual sounds that indicate trouble in the first few days of a lambs life as it bonds with its mates and mom

EATING: nada

DRINKING: Azteca hot Chocolate

DOING:
my barn duty as we wrap up another successful lambing season where we only lost two lambs.

LOOKING FORWARD TO: A hot shower and some sack time after 4 AM

FEELING: Useful, Im good at this although my wife is much better at it

WANTING: a snack of some cheddared cheese and herb flatbread.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 06:29 pm
@Swimpy,
wearing: black yoga pants with awesome turquoise/black waistband, turquoise knit tunic that was good for dance class, grey/black striped long sleeve t, giant grey polar fleece pullover, black socks, black shearling lined clogs
hearing: What's Going On segueing into Let's Get It On
eating:nothing - the homemade flatbread pizza was good
drinking: finishing off the tea I made about 12 hours ago
doing: playing on the computer in between loads of laundry
looking forward to: tomorrow night's Majlis at Dragonfly. I think it's going to be an amazing evening
feeling : running the general low level of anxiety
wanting: I dunno. Maybe pistachios?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 07:07 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: my brown jeans, a red and black short sleeved tee - first sstee of this year; tan heavy cotton long sleeved shirt, red dangly earrings to cheer myself up, sandals.
hearing: nothing but my ears
eating: snacking on what I've been cooking - a new bread recipe that came out fine, some spicy almonds oven roasted. Need to have at least a bowl of the pork adobo chickpea wwpasta mustard greens soup.
drinking: squeezed orange with water and ice
doing: waiting for the fantasy baseball draft to finish
looking forward to: dunno
feeling : running the general mid level of anxiety, several reasons
wanting: Katy to respond well to the new antibiotics (not happening yet)
ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 05:49 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: wide-legged black dress pants, brown sleeveless t-neck, black and white swirled 3/4 sleeve cardigan
hearing: something about well-preserved skeletal remains on the radio
drinking: nothing - need tea
doing: being the doggie doorperson
looking forward to: warmer, less windy weather
feeling : cold brrrrrrrrrr today was not the day to wear spring-weight clothing
wanting: everything to be good for everyone (is that possible?)
mismi

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 09:16 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
wanting: everything to be good for everyone (is that possible?)

I wish that too. Maybe we can hope for a time of good things...they always seem to go pear shaped eventually though....it rights itself in time. Very Happy Trying to stay glass half full...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 03:56 pm
Wearing: A purplish shirt, just noticed that I actually have two of them that are identical...not sure how that happened. Pajama pants and hospital socks, they are long, thick, and warm. Cowboy hat.
Hearing: Red Rag Top, by Tim McGraw.
Eating: Lemmonheads.
Drinking: Sprite in a glass bottle.
Doing: Just finished a puzzle.
Looking forward to: Warm weather next week, really hate the cold right now.
Feeling: Sore, sore....and sore.
Wanting: My {step} Dad's dog passed away yesterday, she was ours, a small Welsh Corgie.....we gave her to him several years ago, because he fell in love with her. He works at home, so she has become his constant companion....he is not taking the loss very well at all.....hope he feels better.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 04:17 pm
@2PacksAday,
Wearing: Blue jeans, rubber drug store sandals, pretty and dark red tee you can't see since I'm wearing my oldoldold a2k sweatshirt over it in case I open the windows to do some oil painting. No rings or bracelets at this time. Weather warmer here tomorrow.
Hearing: washing machine winding down
Eating: nothing
Drinking: some of the diluted juice from the pineapple I sliced and diced more than a week ago, with ice
Doing: retreat from kitchen in disgust - actually threw out a banana/coconut/pineapple bread - horrible recipe, way too oily, not enough eggs either. First time I've just tossed something I've cooked in a long time. Blaaaaah.
Looking forward to: the few weeks we have of what I think of as spring
Wanting: 2packs' dad to have my sympathy. I was a mess when I lost my corgi, Pacco. He went through moves and poor health with me, back then, and he was glad to have me too.