Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

mismi

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:47 am
@George,
Wearing: Black Pj's...leopard print piping. Fuzzy slippers
Hearing: the boys playing
Eating: nothing
Drinking: coffee
Feeling: fine, but sad. I just found out one of my dear friend's mother died unexpectedly yesterday. She wouldn't tell anyone on Christmas Day.
Doing: playing, relaxing, ruminating
Looking forward to: the next thing. I think we are going to pick up dear friends son and bring him here to divert attention for a bit.
Wanting: so many things. Not for myself today though. Unusual but gladly true.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 03:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah it's pretty cool, I haven't made it very far, but I've only worked on it randomly....this is not the typical puzzle I like to work, the colors are too muted, and it's one of those off brand ones that the pieces don't fit together quite right. I found it in a junk store back this summer, and have been saving it for Christmas time. I tested it last night, and the snow has sled tracks all thru it, those even glow, I think it will look neat when it's finished. It's called "Victorian Christmas" by Empire.

I'm about a third the way done with it, it's a 1000 pc, and those usually take me about 6 hrs or so to work, I tend to do easy ones though...well easy to me, Charles Wysocki prints are my most common puzzles, mostly New England scenes, but I have a few of his cat ones, or other animal ones. There are a few knock offs around now, Jane Wooster Scott is one of them. I probably have near 40 {eh, maybe more like 60} Wysocki's, I can't explain how much I enjoy working his puzzles. I also like another guys prints, Steve Skelton, his are called Tooniverse, they tend to be smaller 550's, and look sort of like a Where's Waldo picture....I've worked a few of those too.

I pick most of these up for around 1.00 or 2.00, but sometimes I find them at Target, or Wally World for about 7.00, we have ordered two Wysocki batches from Ebay, which have run me about 4-5 with shipping...compared to Barnes and Nobel who ask 15.00 for his prints. Honestly at 15 a pop, they would be worth it, because I work them year after year....I more then get my value out of them. They all have titles, and it's getting to the point where I'ma have to record them and carry the list with me...some of them are just too similar to another, or three.

I hate the mountain/lake/flower scenes kind of puzzle.....zzzz city.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 03:36 pm
@2PacksAday,
We used to do puzzles in the lab in the seventies, on off times, and some of us idiots would stay overtime (no, never charged) to make some progress.
Now you're making me want to clear off the dining table and go to it. Hmmm, that's an incentive to finish my photo organizing project.

Wearing: faded type comfort jeans (I rarely toss a pair of jeans), long sleeved turtle neck striped tee; gaudy made in india type earrings, my usual leather sandals
Hearing: my ears in timpany
Eating: not yet
Drinking: dilute guava juice on ice
Feeling: rested within my usual sets of anxiety
Doing: marking a little time before I go do some flour arranging in the kitchen -
making the 6" flat breads from the remaining no-knead dough; making up a batch of pizza dough, mostly to freeze; maybe, unless I poop out, making up a batch of ricotta gnocchi to freeze (I love it so).
Looking forward to: More email conversations with old pals
Wanting: Money, honey.
2PacksAday

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 10:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: Nothing but a smile, which is pretty damn dumb considering we are in the middle of a blizzard, but I'm doing it anyway.
Hearing: The furnace running,
Eating: Cheese and crackers, tonight I have cheddar, colby jack, swiss, and my favorite pepper jack...in the city they call these....va-ri-it-ty-packs.
Drinking: Iced tea, it's so good it makes me wanna slap my momma.
Feeling: A bit worried about how much cheese I've been eating.
Doing: Rollin in my 5.0, with my ragtop down, so my hair can blow.
Looking forward to: Not rollin anymore, cause it's like 17 degrees here....I do it for my fans though.
Wanting: To finish this crazy puzzle.
mismi

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:52 am
@2PacksAday,
Eating cheese and crackers in the buff...

niiiiiiiice.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:32 pm
Wearing: blue flannel shirt, tan cords, boot socks
Hearing: the Lovely Bide talking to Rhys
Eating: too much. been out walking in the snow storm and stopped at Claude Postel for cafe au lait and sugar pie
Drinking: a little wine
Feeling: pretty content. been a fun day
Doing: not shoveling snow
Looking forward to: a sunny day tomorrow to drive to Burlington
Wanting: hockey
mismi

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 06:20 pm
@George,
Wearing: low rider boot cut jeans, black chuck taylors, black t-shirt, hugemongous fleecy shirt, got my double flower earings in each one of my piercings (just all the ones in the ears)
Hearing: Boys playing (that's all the time around here)
Drinking: Angry Orchard Hard Apple Cider...yummmm
Feeling: trying not to.
Doing: diverting my attention
Looking forward to: bedtime maybe? Hard day - emotionally exhausting...dad starts chemo tomorrow, found out one of the boys teacher lost her 3 year old baby in an accident Christmas Eve...lots of hard things around me.
Wanting: so many things. For me and so many others.
farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 06:42 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: maroon sweater,jeans,Doc Martens
Hearing: Brubecks sons doing a tribute
Eating:cold lasgne
Drinking: lapsang tea
Feeling: quiet
Doing:a scratchboard drawing of an elf (LONG STORY)
Looking forward to: SATURDAY IM SPENT FOR THIS WEEK
Wanting I have enough, let someone elsehave somma mine
2PacksAday

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:55 pm
@farmerman,
Wearing: Black, black, black, grey long coat is hung on the coat rack in the foyer, pretty funny, cause with my hat on top, it looks like some 6'4 dude is standing there, lots of screams....my youngest daughter has even tried to talk to it before she started screaming.
Hearing: Some hippy lookin chic, playing Little Red Corvette....she's good.
Eating: Apple pie, and some more assorted cheese.
Drinking: Sweet tea.
Feeling: Very sassy-fied, at a job well done, at least that's what they tell me.
Doing: Losin my religion.
Looking forward to: The birth of my nephew, my sister is due in a few weeks, she gave him one of those weird yuppie names that I can't pronounce very well....so I call him Colonel Mustard....I have no idea why. She won't let me hang one of my compound bows on his wall either.
Wanting: This last week of the year to be uneventful, and a new swiffer duster, forgot to ask for one for Christmas.
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:43 am
Scrolling, not trolling, through New Posts, l came across this thread. It looked interesting, and I was about to post when I noticed the start date,

Congratulations on your SEVEN YEAR run!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary.

Carpe the quotidian!
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:55 am
@nextone,
Nextone, I think copper is the appropriate 7th year anniversary gift. So if you don't mind my request, I'd like the following:
http://i46.tinypic.com/oky4xe.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/bo3g2ya

Wearing: Yellow thin-striped dress shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers.
Hearing: WNYC radio.
Eating: Just finished a whole wheat everything bagel with cream cheese.
Drinking: A sadly weak, tepidly cool green tea.
Feeling: Kind of tired.
Doing: Digesting my bagel then hopping to work.
Looking forward to: A friend is visiting tonight.
Wanting: Sleep. And not sure.
nextone

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:23 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarste pots and pans,

You have very good and expensive taste. How about seven shiny copper (no longer) pennies...all heads up.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Wearing: grey yoga pants, white racer back T, black fleece shirt, running shoes, hair is up on the top.
Hearing: kids playing
Drinking: nothing - but thinking about my Angry Orchard Hard Cider
Feeling: present
Doing: putting off the putting together of the ping pong table.
Looking forward to: a lot
Wanting: Dad to not feel too sick from the chemo
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:12 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: Same jeans (yes! twice!); striped pink and red sleeveless tee, my idea of underwear some days; brown and blue striped long sleeved tee; a favorite old two way vest - cocoa and brown paisley on one side, and then inside out, a red and black and cocoa plaid with a not ugly label at the neck. Sometimes I wear it backwards. It's old now, maybe 20 years from when I bought it at a thrift, still a warmer upper. I took the earrings off (I get itchy ears easily). Wearing the sandals you all already know about.
Hearing: barking
Drinking: something luxurious for me, Jameson's on ice, a present.
Feeling: present
Doing: about to get started on my new year's notes/letters
Looking forward to: seeing Diane soon, such a good day the last time
Wanting: Mismi's Dad to not feel too sick from the chemo
2PacksAday

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 03:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Wearing: A blue shirt with a stripe on it.
Hearing: My daughter upstairs playing "Iron Man" on the lectric guitar.
Eating: Cheeseburgers for a late lunch.
Drinking: Sprite.
Feeling: Very full of cheeseburgers.
Doing: Cataloging my puzzles, I was right in my initial guess, I have 40 of my favorites, but I think there are more stashed somewhere. Finally finished that crazy glow in the dark puzzle....it's very pretty.
Looking forward to: Building some new bookshelves.
Wanting: Someone to move all the books for me.

mismi

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 06:08 pm
@2PacksAday,
Wearing: jeans, paint streaked pink Lake Tansi T, white t-shirt under it, fuzzy slippers
Hearing: Black Knight and boys fighting...sounds like Rocky punching raw meat...I may need to step in - they started it...I like them to finish it...2nd warning given - there...all done.
Eating: Not yet, waiting patiently for my black eyed peas, pork tenderloin, turnip greens and cornbread to get done.
Drinking: Cab Sauv
Feeling: I'm tired
Doing: Just finished putting together the ping pong table finally.
Looking forward to: going to see Daddy tomorrow and eating.
Wanting eh....just to get everything done before I leave tomorrow. I am not getting as much done as I had hoped.
nextone

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 08:36 pm
@mismi,
Wearing:long-sleeve,black tee,dark-green, flannel pj bottoms, black birks, my "slippers".
Hearing:steam heat, my neck cracking,cars passing
Eating:nothing at the moment
Drinking:water
Feeling:rested, at peace
Doing:have been online, earlier napping..so napping and tapping
Looking forward to:phone conversations
Wanting:Nothing particular at the moment
Kolyo

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 09:03 pm
@nextone,
Wearing: turtleneck sweater & jeans
Hearing: Nancy Pelosi, debating fiscal cliff bill on C-Span
Drinking: sparkling water
Feeling: revved up
Doing: listening with bated breath
Looking forward to: seeing my family's tax rate stay where it is
Wanting: same
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 09:11 pm
@mismi,
Wearing: black polar fleece pants, red tank under a black/grey knit top under Set's giant brown polar fleece cardi, big clumpy braid of hair, sweater clogs

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/MLA13308231.jpg

, an itchy spot on my left hand where the eucalyptus vaporizer pad touched it - bad bad bad
Hearing: a radio interview with JK Rowling from earlier this year - about moving on to writing books for adults
Eating: nope
Drinking: black tea that I mistakenly poured some ginger ale into - good thing this cold has buggered my taste buds - I think this is probably nastier than I think
Feeling: sick of being sick
Doing: finishing off some laundry
Looking forward to: coughing and snorting being out of this house and going back to work later this week
Wanting a good visit for Mismi and her family
2PacksAday

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 06:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Wearing: T-shirt, blue jeans and white socks, the socks are especially exquisite, being made of the finest cotton fibers that Fruit of the Loom could purchase, there are grey spots on them so one will know where to put the heel, as well as a grey stripe in the toe area so you won't go all tiddley wonk with the hallux, I once sprained my synnovial hinge by doing so....let me assure you, it was gastly.
Hearing: The clock on the wall ticking, nothing more, nothing less.
Eating: Had beef tips cooked in brown gravy, with smashed taters.
Drinking: Sprite....on the rocks.
Feeling: A bit sad, this morning I watched a move that hit me in the wrong way, and it's stuck with me all day....I'm generally not an emotional person, but you know, even Tarzan cries sometimes.
Doing: Cashing in. I'm rounding up all my silver, coins and such, as well as my old/collectible paper money...for instance I have found 76 2 dollar bills so far....going to sell/trade them in on some silver bars, or maybe some gold coins....just depends...figured I might as well.
Looking forward to: Getting home from the big city tomorrow.
Wanting: To not have to go to the big city.

Two dollar bills - yeah buddy.....there worth.......eh, 2 dollars.
0 Replies