Automatic coveniences???

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 10:18 pm
The universal truth of about cars, according to Billy Falcon's dictum:

"ANYTHING THAT DOES SOMETHING FOR YOU,
CAN ALSO NOT DO IT FOR YOU."

Example: Power windows. Power windows never breakdown or quit working. MEVER!!! Never? Never? (pause) Never? Well maybe not never, but nearly never.

Well, my experience was in the "nearly". Some friends, my wife, and I had driven fifty miles in cold weather to see a movie and have dinner. Of course we had automatic windows. On the way the passenger window decided to drop. My friend was driving. I tried to hold it up but it was difficult. We spotted a large drug store and lucked out on getting a roll of wide tape. I scrumbled the tape and jammed it with the window in the up position but it kept sliding down. We had a real cool experience. Ah, cold experience.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 941 • Replies: 5
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 10:22 pm
I've had a power winder fall through the cracks as well, but fortunately I live in a warm climate zone Mr. Green
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 08:06 am
question - what happens if you have power windows that are rolled up, and you have an accident and fall into deep water? Would there be a way to open them.

For this reason, I never would choose power windows. Too scary.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:11 am
No, if the electrical shorted out you'd have to kick them open.

You would never get power windows because you're afraid of being submerged in water??? Do you not fly, cross streets, or walk around without a bulletproof vest? So now you're left to drive POS cars since power windows are pretty much standard on everything.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 10:46 am
Actually - I do have a pretty big fear of water.

I grew up at a marina - and pretty much lived my childhood in a state of panic.

As a matter of fact I couldn't care less if I never saw an open body of water again in my life. I can't swim very well, and I don't think there's anything that could ever entice me to get on a boat ever again.

Yeah, I actually do consider the possibility of getting caught in a car when I buy one. I don't fly much, and I am aware when I'm over water.

I like having my feet on dry land.

Fancy cars don't mean much to me. I have a corolla and I thought they all came with regular windows.

No?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 10:50 am
That sucks. They make Corollas with power windows. You just have to get the base model to find one without.
0 Replies