firefox browser

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 11:48 am
Some people are naturally resistant to change.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 01:07 pm
Re: firefox browser
Tomkitten wrote:
I tried the link, Tico, but got the same "does not work with version 1.5" message that dyslexia got.. Also, in the comments section below the download link at least one person has requested a version that does work with 1.5, so it doesn't seem to be just me or dyslexia.

What version of BBCode do you have? Do you have version 0.4.1.3? Ver. 0.4.1.2 may not work with FF 1.5.

Go to Tools>Extensions, and click on "Find Updates" at the bottom. Note: this will update all your extensions, and should update BBCode to 0.4.1.3. Restart Firefox.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
Re: firefox browser
edgarblythe wrote:
I keep seeing ads for this and am curious if anybody has experience with it or thinks it's a good idea?
since my computer got a terminal virus I've been using Firefox. I think its great. no ads no pop ups spam control, just seems to behave as I would want

also nice feature that you can click on a number of items it opens them all at once then you can go through them at leisure. Other advantages too, but I.m sure I dont take full advantage of it. S
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 06:55 pm
Firefox browser
I don't know what BBCode I have, and when I go to Tools>Extensions
"Find Updates" is greyed out.

I tried going directly to the Firefox site, and entered, first, BBCode 0.4.1.2, and then, 0.4.1.3; both times I got a "could not find" response.

Then I went to Themes and Extensions, with the same result.

I'm stymied. Confused Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:44 am
Re: Firefox browser
Tomkitten wrote:
I don't know what BBCode I have, and when I go to Tools>Extensions
"Find Updates" is greyed out.

I tried going directly to the Firefox site, and entered, first, BBCode 0.4.1.2, and then, 0.4.1.3; both times I got a "could not find" response.

Then I went to Themes and Extensions, with the same result.

I'm stymied. Confused Rolling Eyes

Hmmm. Under Tools>Options>Advanced>Update, is the box to set FF to automatically check for updates to Extensions & Themes checked? If not, you might check it.

Aside from that, you might try d/l the BBCode extension directly from the developer at: http://extensions.jedbrown.net.

Or this link to a site in Germany appears to contain the 0.4.1.3 version: http://www.erweiterungen.de/detail/78/

-----

Another extension I've heard about is BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.4. I've not used that one, so I don't know how it works. You can d/l it from here: http://bbcodextra.extenzilla.org/index.php?lang=eng&sez=1
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 10:27 am
Yes, its checked.

I'll try the other links.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 10:58 am
I use Firefox normally, but need to keep IE for online banking (no go for Bank of America on FF) and some other such things. Love the tabs, too.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 12:13 pm
That's intresting about BOA and FF. I was thinking of switching to banking online, but don't want to use IE for it. So I guess I'll stay manual.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:12 pm
I love tabbed browsing, and highly recommend the extension Tab Mix Plus, which allows you to highly customize your tabbed browsing experience.

That extension can be found here: http://tmp.garyr.net/
0 Replies