Is bueaty a necessary qualification for love or marriage?

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 05:30 am
Does bueaty becomes a necessary qualification of two people falling in love and ending in marriage? if yes, does it mean that the love will fade when bueaty fades? if so, is it a real love?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,585 • Replies: 30
No top replies

KidsAreYummy

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 05:36 am
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and isn't just skin deep as they say. If the overall beaty fades, in the eyes of the other, then yes, love will fade.

There is no definition to real love. It either happens, or it doesn't. No way to force it. If it were defined, then everyone would find it.

Real love can last a life time. Real love can last 10 seconds. Won't know 'til you find it.
0 Replies

skartykn

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 05:46 am
getting pals online have is quiet common for almost a decade now. People also fall for others without even looking at their photo. This happens when they find they are like minds ove the chats. but when they finally meet and finds themself that the other is not looking as good as they expected, they move back and stop themself for falling for their online mates? why is this happening?
0 Replies

KidsAreYummy

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 05:52 am
That is happening because what they felt was true love. They get in that situation because they WANT to feel true love, and are willing to lie to themselves, and tell themselves that they are IN love already, until they get the chance to meet the person, and complete the building of love.

If you fall once for someone online, even you find out that they weren't what you expected, you're bound to try again. If you've gone to that level, you're probably not going to find anyone in real life.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:26 am
Attraction, of some kind, is probably (but not always) necessary. "Beauty" in any kind of subjective sense, no.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:43 am
The term Beauty is relative.

Do you think having no eyebrows and small toes is a criteria for beauty, if no then u may not make a Chinese Boy/Girl friend.

Do you don't think a having fat hips and big black eyes is a criteria for sexiness then u may not make a South Indian partner.

If you don't think having BIG nose and short curly hairs is a criteria for match making, then u will not make an African counterpart.

So please explain beauty and good looks.....

But YES, a Boy/GirlFriend is made with BEST interests (that may be height, persona, intelligence etc.) between both the sexes. Not only in humans but in Animals too. In fact in animals to a greater extend.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:54 am
Not only is beauty subjective, but

The Readers Digest version to your initial question is

no
0 Replies

skartykn

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 01:58 am
Chai Tea wrote:

no

am not getting u....
0 Replies

Sure Magicians

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 02:25 am
Beauty isn't a requirement for love and marriage otherwise all the people who fell out of the ugly tree hitting all the branches on their way down would all be single.

This is not the case, so the answer to your first question is no indeed.

Assuming you are talking about appearances and not about inner beauty, having a shitty personality can make even the most beautiful people ugly...
0 Replies

skartykn

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 02:34 am
Sure magician,

if bueaty is not a factor, how is ppl fall in love at first sight?
0 Replies

Sure Magicians

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 03:40 am
In my opinion, love at first sight is overrated.

And I didn't say its not a factor, I said;

Beauty isn't a requirement

And even then, like several posters above me stated, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's relative, subjective, personal.
So you won't get a definite answer but merely opinions, and your original question is quite vague also...
0 Replies

skartykn

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 05:16 am
skartykn wrote:
Does beauty becomes a necessary qualification of two people falling in love and ending in marriage? if yes, does it mean that the love will fade when bueaty fades? if so, is it a real love?

Sure Magicians wrote:
and your original question is quite vague also...

let me break down my question for clear understanding,

1. Is Beauty a necessary factor for a man and a woman to fall in love?
2. If the answer to the question1 is yes, does the answer indirectly say that the love will fade when the Beady fades?
3. If the answer to the question 2 is yes, is the love a real love?

hope i made my questions clear!!
0 Replies

Sure Magicians

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 05:54 am
1. Depends on the individual, if nature blessed you with, relative, good looks, then obviously your standards are higher then if you looked like for example Quasimodo.

2. I think physical attraction is necessary at first to fall in love, and what do you mean by 'when the beauty fades'?
People getting older?
People neglecting personal hygiene after a period of time?
Physical features won't change that much over time (assuming you are an adult) unless you get run over by a freighttrain or suffer from disease.

3. Even real love can fade, and this can be caused by many things, so you finding your partner less attractive (less beautiful) could be one of them I guess.

If this goes naturally, ie no direct cause just a feeling that grows on you, then the love could have been true, if your partner's foot fell off and all of a sudden you decide you don't love him or her anymore, well then obviously the love wasn't too real...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 10:22 am
skartykn wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

no

am not getting u....

What's not to understand?

You asked a question.....I answered.

The answer is

no.
0 Replies

skartykn

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 10:42 am
i was just wondering where from readers Digest come in the midst.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:00 am
you must be under the age of 25.

telling someone the reader's digest version is cutting out all the unnecessary blah blah blah.

have you never seen a readers digest?
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:38 am
In my opinion,
Beauty is certainly a requirement. Whether it is of the mind, body, soul, or whatever, if you can't find true beauty in the one you love, you might have a problem.

Now, does someone have to be physically beautiful for you to fall in love with them? No. Beauty is not only skin deep. It goes much, much deeper.
0 Replies

skartykn

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 12:10 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
you must be under the age of 25.

telling someone the reader's digest version is cutting out all the unnecessary blah blah blah.

have you never seen a readers digest?

i have read reder's digest. you are right in guessing my age. but how does that affect... i dint understand ur pharse. am not a native speaker of english.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 06:50 pm
In answer to your question, No.

I have observed that a personal dedication and ability to see beauty in the world helps to encourage love. Beauty is not something one possesses and owns.

I could go on and on. Ugliness can be fascinating and spark love. Ugliness can open compassion. Beauty can repell and cause rifts. There are so many possibilities. Beauty is not a requirement for love.

I stick with NO. Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 06:56 pm
skartykn - Readers Digest is exactly that "a digest". It publishes condensed (edited) versions of articles from a variety of sources.

So, the Readers Digest version is a condensed/shortened version.

It is a common phrase for some North Americans.

Giving you the Readers Digest version is the same as saying they're giving you the condensed/edited/shortened version of something.

~~~~~~

Welcome to Able2Know
Very Happy
0 Replies