Things people posted that would make perfect sig lines

DrewDad

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:19 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
And, as I said on that thread, applying the "reasonable inferences" approach to the the argument you are presenting, when you claim that Bush lied, but cannot prove that Bush lied, the reasonable inference is that it is you who is lying, not Bush.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 10:57 am
Speaking to our darling osso, Thomas wrote:
Speaking of food, you may be interested to know that Bill's restaurant has ossobuco on its menu. I didn't eat you though.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 11:00 am
I just read the same thing. Thomas, of course, is from Germany and knows only a few colloquialisms.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 01:15 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have a vision of the Lord wandering the streets of London in perpetual confusion, buying flowers and candy, but never knowing why.

The people sit on the benches and say stuff like, "Here comes that crazy bastard with the flowers and chocolate again."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:32 pm
wandeljw wrote:
I just read the same thing. Thomas, of course, is from Germany and knows only a few colloquialisms.

I believe Thomas was well aware of the double entendre there, nonetheless!!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:36 am
Jespah wrote:
I try to keep a padlock on my consciousness. Keeps out the riff-raff.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:55 am
spidergal wrote:
Mother Board replace hone gaya tha. Mumbai mein weather kaisa hai. Yahaan per 45 degrees ki garmi hai.

Havent got a clue what it means, but it sounds funny.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 10:34 am
nimh wrote:
spidergal wrote:
Mother Board replace hone gaya tha. Mumbai mein weather kaisa hai. Yahaan per 45 degrees ki garmi hai.

Very Happy "Mother Board (of computer) had gone to be replaced. How's the weather in Mumbai (a.k.a. Bombay). Here, it's 45 degrees heat."

edit: Hope I didn't ruin the romance. Smile
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 03:05 am
nimh wrote:
spidergal wrote:

nimh,

Voltage fluctuation blew my comp's mother board off, and it had to be sent for replacement.

It's Hindi, of course. What did you think it meant? Laughing
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 03:06 am
_Heatwave_ wrote:
nimh wrote:
spidergal wrote:

Very Happy "Mother Board (of computer) had gone to be replaced. How's the weather in Mumbai (a.k.a. Bombay). Here, it's 45 degrees heat."

Romance?? What romance, ma'am? Confused
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 06:17 am
Yes I realised it was Hindi ... that was why I didnt have a clue what it meant! But it looked so funny, the combination of random English words into a romantic-sounding flow of foreign sounds...

We do the same a lot in Dutch too. When new things appear that need to be named, we often just adopt the English word that already exists -- but we conjugate it like it's Dutch! So you can get funny stuff like this:

Hee, kan je die file voor me uitprinten? Ik heb 'em gister op die floppy gesaved, daar heb ik je nog over ge-SMSt, weet je nog?

Heh Razz. (OK, floppies (floppy disks) are long gone of course, but you get the drift.)

Not the Flemish, though! They are much more purist about the Dutch language, they diligently make up new Dutch words for every new concept to avoid English loanwords corrupting the purity of the language..
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 12:58 pm
spidergal wrote:
_Heatwave_ wrote:

Romance as in mystery. Not romance as in 'line marna.' Laughing

Hindi + English = Hinglish (the most widely spoken language in India.)
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 01:57 pm
I've had the same signature since about my first on A2K. I'll toss it into the mix here.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 09:45 pm
_Heatwave_ wrote:
spidergal wrote:
_Heatwave_ wrote:

Romance as in mystery. Not romance as in 'line marna.' Laughing

Hindi + English = Hinglish (the most widely spoken language in India.)

For some reason, I never get romance correctly. Even at school, teachers used to talk about romantic poems. I was always confused because I never found any expression of love in them.

Well,now,heh Razz
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 07:17 pm
Drewdad wrote:
If you stab Dracula through the heart with a pencil, will he die?
Lord Elpus wrote:
Doubtful, but he COULD draw his last breath.

Laughing Very witty m'lord, very witty indeed.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:37 pm
It's too long for a sig, but otherwise ... applause.

georgeob1 wrote:
This is a dialogue about events and ideas. it is not a contest with winners and losers. None of us is personally responsible for the achievements or failings of the nation he inhabiits, its history or future prospects. We are like passengers on different ships, comparing notes on their different features and attempting to find valid general principles for others. We each have a point of view embedded in our different circumstances and shaped by our iindividual interpretations. The best we can do is to attempt to improve our understanding through dialogue and reasoned disagreement about external factors. Invective and personal attacks - particularly the unjustifiable application of flawed stereotypes to individuals - benefit no one and, instead degrade the process for everyone.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:06 pm
OK, cheating again: this actually is a sig line - and its brilliant Laughing

Pantalones wrote:
roses are red
violets are blue
all of my base
are belong to you
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 09:55 am
Debra_Law wrote:
or maybe you just need to lick faster . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 06:03 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Does the Borg character, "Seven of Nine" [..] count as a nerd character? She was smart, socially awkward and had that weird metal thing on her face.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:57 pm
dlowan wrote:
"Swear by your own genitals."
0 Replies