Do I sound crazy yet???

gvapid

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 01:30 pm
Schwartz sounds like more of my style, if I had one. I am not good at being shocked. I cant understand how such great poets could have been penniless.
0 Replies

gvapid

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 01:31 pm
BoGoWo, did you think up that quote by yourself? It sounds pretty accurate.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 01:45 pm
gv, Schwartz was amazing, just amazingly troubled as well. On that same link I posted, check out 'The Heavy Bear Who Goes With Me', a personal commentary on his recognition of his declining mental state. Developing a poetic style starts with reading a lot, which I am certain you do. Then, you mix up what you like best of the poets you love into a style of your own. BoGoWo is also aboslutely correct, what is perceived as insanity by many may very well be vision, to be accepted in the future as the norm, and eventually myth. That is a way cool thought...Smile
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:27 am
Yep, thanks, its mine, but paraphrased and distilled from many others.

And gva...; most people who are true to their muses, and describe the world in terms the world is not ready for, remain or become, penniless; however, most of them are aware of the unimportance of being "pennifull", and don't care!

It is perhaps, interesting that their biographers find it of importance to define their position in life, not by their astounding wealth of ideas, but rather by their empty wallets.
0 Replies

gvapid

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:36 am
BGW, you have such a way with words. Do you write poetry?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:48 am
Actually I am what might be called a synergist;
I feel that all things interact and inform each other (especially people), and in that regard, to me, life is "poetry".
0 Replies