Batch Mp3 Splitter?

Roosh

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 10:15 pm
Hi Smile

I've searched the board (and google, for that matter) and haven't come up with much.

Looking for a program that can divide several large voice audio mp3s (each is a 3 to 4 hour radio track) into multiple smaller tracks.

Currently using the tedious one-at-a-time procedure, using a program ("mp3DirectCut") to divide each single large mp3 into multiple 5-minute incremented tracks, and would like an app that can perform this task for all of the large mp3's all at once.

Is that possible? Anyone know of an app that can do this?
(Freeware is preferable of course, but any & all suggested programs or methods are appreciated.)

TIA. Very Happy

Michael S

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 08:18 am
Audacity should help. I'd be interested if anyone knows a better freeware audio editing program.

For around 100 bucks , you can try Cubase SX, if you have a Mac it will come with Garage Band.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 08:19 am
Re: Batch Mp3 Splitter?
How about MP3Cutter:

Click this

If all you want to do is one set of files you can use the trial version and then uninstall it when you're done.
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
MP3Cutter certainly looks like it would do the job, and comes with a free test before a 25 dollar purchse which is cool.

Audacity is a bit tricky to use , but can import 16 tracks simultaneously and handle quite a few more audio formats than MP3Cutter, but then keep it simple is sometimes best.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 08:54 am
I've never used it my self. I just searched for "mp3 split " on download.com and there were a few options that came up.
0 Replies

Roosh

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 06:45 pm
Thanks for the replies, gents. Very Happy

• I have indeed tried both "MP3 Splitter & MP3 Joiner" & "MP3 Cutter Joiner" (variations on the same cutting software) before, and they did not do the trick. The reference to "batch" in their descriptions seems to be about a different procedure than the one I described in this thread's first post.

I'd like to emphasize [my bad if it wasn't clear initially Razz] that I've already gone through the basic google/download.com route by searching for "batch-splitting", "how to batch split mp3's", "multiple mp3 cutting", "automated mp3 splitting", and anything else you can imagine, so having one or many of you generous fellows do the same thing & suggest names you found in searches will probably just be redundant. Wink
The aim here is to address someone who actually uses such a program/process and can advise.

• Re: Audacity
I've heard good things about Audacity many times as a audio recording program, so I'm looking forward to seeing if Audacity can be my go-to app for this batch/multiple splitting stuff...

All of the "batch" search results I've looked though on the Audacity forum [http://snipurl.com/kvvj] seem to refer to "normalizing", "volume equalizing", "exporting", etc and not to mp3 splitting.
Before I install, I'd like to make sure we're talking about the same thing...Michael_S, if you are aware of how to use Audacity to carry out the multiple mp3 splitting process, please describe it here.

Otherwise, still looking for assistance Exclamation
And if it would help anyone for me to explain the process I'm seeking in more detail or to provide image captures of the current procedure I use to split mp3's one-at-a-time, let me know.

Thanks again. Smile
0 Replies

Roosh

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 01:30 am
*Bump*

Anyone?
Thanks. Smile
0 Replies

djoxer

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 10:53 am
Any solutions?
Hey Roosh,

Did you ever find a solution? I'm looking for the same thing. I'd like to create snippets of all my music files.

I've been using the Windows Media Encoder, but the process converts all my files to wma. I have to convert them back to mp3 in order to use them.

Let me know what you've found.

-- Dan
0 Replies

Roosh

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 06:49 pm
Hey djoxer,

No, I never did. Sad Razz

I still just manually split mp3's one file at a time.
I even contacted the author of "mp3DirectCut", and he wasn't aware of an existing program or method to perform this function.

Later. Smile
0 Replies

dond

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 06:48 pm
MP3 Splitter
Roosh wrote:
Looking for a program that can divide several large voice audio mp3s (each is a 3 to 4 hour radio track) into multiple smaller tracks.

http://nch.com.au/splitter/index.html
0 Replies

Roosh

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 10:11 pm
Re: MP3 Splitter
dond wrote:
Roosh wrote:

http://nch.com.au/splitter/index.html

Surprised Very Happy Cool

Dond my friend, your post count-to-thread solution ratio is spectacular right about now. Razz

I'm in the process of splitting close to sixty-five hour-length radio show mp3's into multiple sets of 1 minute tracks...all at once, with just one button click, and it's doing its thing in the background.

I would've had to split those 65 tracks, one at a time, over and over and over again using the former method - it's a beautiful thing.

It's especially refreshing since this search was over a year in the making. Smile
Way to bring this one back to life, djoxer & thanks again dond for coming through w/ the goods. :wink:
0 Replies

jags

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 01:05 am
MP3 splitter
mp3splt (http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net) has an option to split a long MP3 into multiple smaller MP3. You can try that.
doggie1

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 10:08 am
@jags,
That program called Slice worked for me as well, had exactly the same problem Mr. Roosh described. All these radio shows I listen to in the car, but each time I turn the motor off it goes back to the very beginning of the show. With this Slicer am able to make each show either 30, 60 or 90 little pieces. It's a marvelous program. Thanks so much both of you, one for looking for the answer that I also needed, and the other for supply the answer. Rgds and best.
0 Replies