99 gsxr 750. NO SPARK. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!.

jilbake

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 12:56 am
HI. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME??? Sad IVE BEEN RIDING 4 A LONG TIME. ALSO WORKING ON THE BIKES. I HAVE A GSXR 750 F/I (1999) THAT I BUILT (CORRECTLY), AND IM GETTING NO SPARK. I HAVE TRIED AND TESTED EVERYTHING. LITERALLY. EVEN UNDER SUSPICION REPLACED THE WIRING HARNESS, 2 CDI BOXES, CHECKED ALL SAFTEY CIRCUITRY I.E K-STAND SW, CLUTCH SW, TIP OVER SW, ALL ASPECTS OF THE BIKE ARE WORKING, BUT NO SPARK. NO INJECTOR PULSE. IVE REPLACED TWO PICK UP COILS, THEN STARTED THROWING ALL KINDS OF PARTS AT IT , LIKE F/P RELAY, FUEL PUMP, AND SO ON. I HAVE A DIAGRAM, AND HAVE CHECKED ALL THE GROUNDS GOING TO THE CDI BOX, IVE CHECKED ALL THE CONNECTORS FROM NORTH TO SOUTH WITH A OHM METER. ALL GAUGE FUNCTIONS ARE WORKING. IT CRANKS FINE, THE LIGHTS WORK AND EVERYTHING. NO SPARK!!!. I HAVENT REPLACED THE COILS, CAUSE I FIGURED WHATS THE CHANCES?, ALL FOUR COILS BAD??? NAAA. SOMBODY HELP PLEASE. THE BIKE IS NICE. BUT ONCE AGAIN....NO SPARK. JIM
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,972 • Replies: 4
No top replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:40 am
jilbake.

I don't have any idea what your'e talking about. But, like an older car, does your GSXR 750 F/I have something equivalent to a condensor in the distributor? Is there even a distributor? I had a car once that had a broken spot weld on the condensor. The car would spit and sputter when driving at low speeds over bumps. It drove me and a handful of mechanics crazy.

I repeat, I don't have any idea of what your talking about.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:49 am
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

LOUUUUUD NOISES!

This isn't a great site to ask questions on motorcycles....check out a GSXR forum, or sportbikeworld.com.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:51 am
jilbake. - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

BillyFalcon- I do believe that jilbake is referring to a motorcycle.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcsuz/96gsxr750.html

I don't know anything about motorcycles, but I would suspect that there are folks on this forum who do.

Anyhow, I would appreciate it if you would not post in all capitals. It is considered "shouting" in netiquette. Personally, I find it very hard to read.

Look around, and enjoy!
0 Replies

DiggsUK

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 05:42 pm
Have you sorted it yet?

I would look for the regulator/rectifier, the kill-switch relay, side-stand cutout (again) and as along shot try a new set of plugs.....
0 Replies