If You Are Attacked On The Street?

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:28 am
Re: If You Are Attacked On The Street?
New Haven wrote:
If you are attacked on the street, what should you do?

Clearly, avoid the situation best as you can.
If unavoidable, use your brain to defuse the situation, the best you can.
If violence is pushed onto you, and you have no other choice, knock the guy out simply and quickly, with minimum damage.
Once physically safe, do everything possible to get help for yourself, the attacker, and anyone else.

In this particular case: Not nearly enough information.
(Still looking for one of them shouting "Get away from me! Stop this! Leave me alone!")
It's nice gossip though.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:30 am
Good answer Borg.

Yes, too much unknown about the transaction prior to the assault.

Might be a form of "class differences"...might not.

A knife is a deadly weapon and one shouldn't really carry it, unless prepared to use it.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 02:45 am
I'm not exactly unbiased though... I carry a knife and pepper spray with me at all times, because they are a necessity. ( explanation posted here )
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 08:04 am
Just some more news. Colorado police are asking for Pring-Wilson for DNA samples. He is considered a suspect of a stabbing in Colorado. The article here suggest that he is refusing to give samples, but a news report last night said that he is providing samples. I do think that the Colorado police are shooting in the dark, but figured I'd post the article for anyone interested.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/143/metro/Dispute_delays_DNA_testing_in_Colorado_killing+.shtml
0 Replies