Type Size

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:12 pm
I just got a new computer, and am trying to set it up. I use MY YAHOO a lot. I have encountered several problems, on of which is "font" or "type size." I know that "View" has a 'font' category - and I chose medium, thinking this would be uniform in all applications, including MY YAHOO. But this did not turn out to be the case. I especially use the News feature on MY YAHOO, and this contains a series of colored bars, one for each item, with the "heading" for that item in white. The bars & the type within the headings are rougly twice as large as other type. How can I minimize these features?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 527 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:06 pm
Unfortunately the View-Text Size options in IE and other browsers are at the mercy of the coders of the page you are looking at. If they haven't built an accessible page and have used absolute font sizes your browser can't help.

Try

right clicking on your desktop and selecting 'Properties'.

Go to the Appearance tab.

Under font size choose large.

Not sure if it will help but it's worth a shot....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:16 am
Firefox offers somewhat more range and flexibilty as regards text display size on web pages than does IE, but other than that, as hingehead said, I'm afraid you're pretty much at the mercy of the webpage designer.
0 Replies