Rich and Successful --> SINS?

Beena

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:43 am
lightfoot,
I never suggested that we serve God. werthn asked how we can serve God. Mainly I was saying that if we live a fair and good life, then that in itself constitutes the biggest prayer and service to God. And there are atheists out there who don't believe in God but they believe in fairness and justice. They are far better than those theists who don't believe in fairness and justice but raise the flag on high for glorifying God in ways like this - take money out of someone's pocket and put in another's, and that constitutes charity. Arey! If you want to really do charity, why not take money out of YOUR OWN POCKET and then do charity!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:12 am
I hope you find a church you feel warm in. There is so much variety out there, I'm sure there is a place for you.
Then again, you may choose to simply follow your own lead. Not all Christians are part of a church.

Anyways, Rich + Sucessful does NOT equal a sin.
It is far worse to squander the abilities, talents, and adventures that your life holds.

Personally, if someone were to tell me that being rich and successful is a sin, I'd be wondering "Why? Because you want my money?" Laughing

I really like the post about making your own way, not taking what is not earned, and working hard. That kind of attitude can never do you wrong.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:54 pm
Quote:
Personally, if someone were to tell me that being rich and successful is a sin, I'd be wondering "Why? Because you want my money?"

It seems the ones who point out the sins of others are they that have the biggest problem.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
thunder_runner,
Who are you? The judgement police? Laughing
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:24 am
flushd wrote:
I hope you find a church you feel warm in. There is so much variety out there, I'm sure there is a place for you.
Then again, you may choose to simply follow your own lead. Not all Christians are part of a church.

Anyways, Rich + Sucessful does NOT equal a sin.
It is far worse to squander the abilities, talents, and adventures that your life holds.

Personally, if someone were to tell me that being rich and successful is a sin, I'd be wondering "Why? Because you want my money?" Laughing

I really like the post about making your own way, not taking what is not earned, and working hard. That kind of attitude can never do you wrong.

flushd,
When someone talks about giving wealth away, they are not suggesting that the wealthy have sinned because they have too much. All they suggest is that wealth means that you were somehow at an advantage already to have gotten that. What if you were on the footpath initially when you were born? Would you have the same chance of making all that wealth? No! And where it's true that fate and luck counts a lot for what we have, so since we were lucky by fate initially, it makes sense to make some unfortunate lucky too.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:50 am
What the hell are you talking about?

Your post had nothing to do with what I wrote. You are being presumptious.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 08:02 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Quote:
Personally, if someone were to tell me that being rich and successful is a sin, I'd be wondering "Why? Because you want my money?"

It seems the ones who point out the sins of others are they that have the biggest problem.

Or as we like to call them down south. . . christians.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 08:44 am
Quote:

thunder_runner,
Who are you? The judgement police?

No....just another sucker trying to make sense of everything.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 04:03 pm
thunder,
Cool. Just don't ride my ass along the way. It makes me quite unhappy.
Smile
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:36 am
I would rather "discuss", than "ride your ass".... Wink
0 Replies