Oil Depot explosion....

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:19 am
HELP

run for the hills

oh there arent any. Well I'll watch out for the Blot on the Horizon thanks E.

We are near Epping, not really London...but you know Harlow actually.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:43 am
Harlow, eh?....We own a little flat up in Stansted Mountfitchet. We are thinking of selling it, as there is now a good chance that Stansted Airport is going to expand in a big way.
What do you reckon.....? The Airport will stay the other side of the M40, and we have never seen or heard a plane fly over Mountfitchet, which is a quaint little village with a large number of old thatched buildings.
Do you think property will go up or down, what with the expansion?

Have you heard whether they are going to carry on with the M40 corridor house building plans?

There is a good "Little Chef" just by the Harlow (M40) turn off. Not quite as good as a greasy spoon, but good enough to fill the belly.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:47 am
OOPS! Got to dash.....running late and all that.

Speak to you later, Steve.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 06:49 am
Property prices around here are steady at the moment but wont go down if they build another runway, which I believe they have given permission for. (Its the M11 btw not M40 Smile)

Any road up, back to the explosion, just craned neck out of window to look due west there is a pile of greyness low down, but right here its clear at moment.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:58 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:

You must be Cuffley way, or Enfield, Epping?

Just over the border in Essex - the "new town" - hoping, Steve doesn't mind. :wink:
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:42 am
Sorry Steve, I have the M40 on the brain (my wife now runs a school in Birmingham, and we spend a lot of our lives up and down that particular Motorway).

'Course it's the M11....... North Weald aerodrome is not very far away from you. Did you know that place got one of the first pastings from the Luftwaffe during the war?
What with North Weald, and Duxford just up the road, you are living right in the middle of Spitfire country.

I've just got back, and can see that the smoke is now more of an east south easterly direction......central London, I suppose.

But it looks as if the volume is diminishing somewhat. Maybe it is just about burned out?

Hope so.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:53 am
Yes was well aware of the history of North Weald. There used to be a pub called the Sun and Whalebone on the outskirts of Harlow which still (in early 80's) had flyer's doodles and signatures on the ceiling. I saw Adolf Galland once at an air display at North Weald. And of course Duxford was home of the Big Wing.

Ref smoke. None here, think you are right has gone south of here.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:01 am
<But they don't have airfiels there which were used by the Luftwaffe and later by the Air Force, ha!>
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:06 am
.--- . -. . -.-. --- -- .--. .-. . -. -.. ... .--. .- ... -- --- -. .- -- ..
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:13 am
hey just finished Indy giant sudoko puzzle. Prize this week flashy phone. Will add it to all the other stuff I didnt win. Anyone else addicted to Sudoko?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:14 am
-... ..- - -.-- --- ..- -.-. .- -. .-- .-. .. - . .. -. ... - .-. .- -. --. . ... .. --. -. ... .- -. -.. ..-. --- .-. . .. --. -. - --- -. --. ..- . ... -. --- .-- ..--.. ?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:25 am
-.-- . ... .. - .----. ... -.-. .- .-.. .-.. . -.. -.. --- ..- -... .-.. . . -. -.-. .-. -.-- .--. - .. --- -. -. --- --- -. . -.- -. --- .-- ... .-- .... .- - .. - -- . .- -. ... .. -. -.-. .-.. ..- -.. .. -. --. - .... . ... . -. -.. . .-.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:37 am
Okay, back to Royston Vasey or where do you live in reality?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:41 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
...where do you live in reality?
Thats a very deep philosophical question Walter. Where does anyone live "In Reality?" I've been reading some of the A2K Collected Posts of Spendius, I think he should give a suitably wacky answer.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:49 am
That's patently unfair, as any literate person who frequents these fora can reasonably assert that Spendius does not live in Reality.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
true but his missives from planet Spendi can be quite....

perplexing actually
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:47 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Okay, back to Royston Vasey or where do you live in reality?

AHA! A League of Gentlemen fan!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 12:42 pm
HOORAH!

Boris and friends will soon be able to see the sky again.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4525828.stm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 12:56 pm
Congratulations to all, good job well done. I am pleased for Boris, oh, yes, and you two too. Does Boris live alone, or have family and friends in the pond?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 01:03 pm
Good news for the Ellpusses and Boris, et al. I wonder what nasty stuff we all breathe that we can't see? Or as New Yorkers say, "I don't like air I can't see."

Please let us know how Boris does in the next few days. You too, but Boris does nothing but swim in his little pond, innocently coming up for a little bite, then swimming merrily along.

Well, here's hoping everything is going swimmingly. (Sorry, couldn't help myself).
0 Replies