Oil Depot explosion....

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:00 pm
<I don't know where anyone lives... figured he might have heard them if there, though...>
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:00 pm
I grew up next to a firework factory. One night a disgruntled worker decided to commit suicide by taking a forklift, piling all the fireworks and explosive in the corner and torch the son of bitch.

We were all running around the house in the middle of the night with no lights. I still can't figure out were we thought we were running to. Laughing

It's funny how men can go from being big tough guys to little boys running around in there underwear
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:18 pm
Or NO underwear, as the case may be......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:34 pm
wowsa
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:35 pm
I'll put a word in for you guys with the big guy upstairs. You guys still don't have an all clear yet.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
You mean........it's time to aimlessly run round the bedroom again?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:53 pm
The clear implication is that you ought not to have stopped . . .
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:54 pm
Lord E.

Glad to hear you (and the others) were unscathed by the blast.

Boris will be in my thoughts.

As for running around the bedroom, why not ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:13 pm
Fish dying? What about everyone else, with all that poison?

Break out the WW II gasmasks!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:22 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
You mean........it's time to aimlessly run round the bedroom again?
I'm afraid so Ellpus. Keep running till you get further notice from the government(underwear optional). At least thats what we do in america. Laughing

( I'm just joking. Don't be calling Homeland security on me now)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:24 pm
Quote:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41111000/gif/_41111118_london_bunce.gif

With light winds blowing to the south-east and south-west, smoke is likely to be spread over large parts of southern England by Monday

from the BBC
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:24 pm
do you have apH meter? the nox fumes will maybe account for some acid deposition. In that case, keep your aerator running and keep some bicarbonate handy as a buffer. DDOnt screw with anythging unless you have to . Fish oughta make it ok .

we had a mega fire at an ARCO refinery near Philly about 20 years ago. It had a smoke column that was visible for 50 miles.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:30 pm
farmerman wrote:

we had a mega fire at an ARCO refinery near Philly about 20 years ago. It had a smoke column that was visible for 50 miles.

The smoke cloud had the seize of Luxembourg I've heard some hours ago.

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/in_pictures_buncefield_fuel_depot_blast/img/1.jpg
The huge amount of smoke produced by the fire is indicated by the black and grey area to the south of the depot visible on this UK satellite image taken a few hours after the blast.
same source as above.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:32 pm
Looks more like an outline map of Lichtenstein . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:34 pm
Our prayers are with you, Lord Ellpus, and of course, Lady Ellpus and Boris and everyone else affected by this tragedy.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:38 pm
farmerman wrote:
DDOnt screw with anythging unless you have to . Fish oughta make it ok .
thanks for advice Farmerman. Steve and Mrs Steve awakend by sound like large object falling on roof. Maybe the last known flying elephant bird or something. Anyway Mrs S said Wahts that? I said its either the oil terminal at Hemel blowing up, or its the extinction of the flying elephant bird, or its a sudden gust of wind. We agreed it was a gust of wind. Well it was in a way. Anyway we are ok and not really disturbed at all as the wind is blowing all the sh1t south of here. And Walter phoned all is well. Smile

Actually there was a large plume of what I thought was clouds west of here, but its been an absolutely clear day so it was probably a mixture of dioxins, aromatic polyhydrocabons and benzene + added carcinogens anyway air here just as excellent as normal. cough.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:45 pm
Boris lives JUST here......

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/1.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:46 pm
OOOOOHHHHH!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:50 pm
Should I take my shirts off the washing line?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:52 pm
no but take the undies in

you wouldnt want any embarrassing stains
0 Replies