raindrop button

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 12:28 pm
does anyone know what all the letters are in this programing menu I can figure out some i think but i am trying to get it to regenerate on a daily basis because i get staining in sink and bath thanks Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 714 • Replies: 3
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 02:30 pm
You are working the "Secret Button" on a Gold Series RainSoft softener.

How hard (GPG) is your water?
Do you have any Iron? How much?

Is there another filter ahead of the softener? What is it?
0 Replies

number1rat

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 12:41 pm
raindrop
yes i am working with the "Secret Button" im not really sure how hard the water is but i can say if i bypass the softener and run a bath it has a yellowish tint to it when the tech came out a year ago he said my water had hardness of 20gpg iron of 3 ppm and TDS of 325 ppm
i do have a pre filter for the iron witch looks like the softener but it doesnt have the computer on it i still have the sales sheet with the modle numbers on it if that would help and i can go through all the numbers to tell what they are and what they say my water is well water and i think maybe i should just have it run every day if possible

thanks
karl
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 03:09 pm
Basically you can trick the computer into thinking it's a smaller capacity system and it will backwash more often.

If you email me your mailing address I will send you a copy of the instructions I have.

The iron/pre-filter should backwash every other or every single day.

HTH ~
0 Replies