Osso and Pacco move to New Mexico

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:08 pm
JLN. too late, I already gave osso instructons to drive 85 mph backwards all the way to Albaturkey.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:14 pm
Did she call YOU bossy for that? sniff
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:16 pm
She thanked me for my words of wisdom.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:23 pm
I don't get no respect.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:25 pm
Don't schniff, I was teasin'.

So, Dys, tell me about the road from Deming to 25... no mention of towns on the map. (No apparent gas stations). Anything tricky about it?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:32 pm
About 50 miles, zero towns, you hit I-25 at Hatch, one gas station there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:34 pm
Fine...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:39 pm
Oh, how humiliating. snif, snif and piss in my pants.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:04 pm
Now what? Don't flake out on me, I need your good will...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:16 pm
OK, Dys and JLN, grow up and leave the girl alone. Having two men worrying is sort of a compliment, but oy, enough.

So are Lash and Gus still planning to come to our house and live in sin? I've been planning on how we can turn the backyard into a swamp for Gus. Leaving the sprinklers on for eight hours or so should do the trick. Naturally, all that water will bring out the scorpions and black widow spiders as well as a few snakes, but hey, Gus is used to swamp critters.

Lash, your gothic collection sounds....interesting. Whips, leather, maces and god knows what else? What about your hair? Green or multi colored?

Years ago, one of my sons dyed his hair black--a dull, ugly gothic black, he of the beautiful blond hair lots of women would pay big bucks to have. Come to think of it, will having you here with your goth collection be like having a teenager in the house again?

I'm rethinking the invitation.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:16 pm
Forgot to add for osso--we have a good supply of Makers Mark. Just in case.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:22 pm
Oh, thank god...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:27 pm
Well, O.K., I'll straighten out if Dys does first.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:41 pm
fat chance
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:45 pm
"Slim Chance. Slightly more hopeful than a fat chance." Ingrid Frances Stark
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:47 pm
On the road again...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:56 am
Osso
Osso, if you print out a Yahoo Maps travel plan from your home to Dys/Diane, it will show you the miles between stops. That should help you plan your daily driving hours.

The driving directions helped me a lot and I didn't get lost in my two day trip. Stopped once to sleep and only ate at fast food next to gas stations and ate while I drove. Couldn't have made it in two days without doing that.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:58 am
I have maps, BBB...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:28 pm
OK, this seems to be where the updates are. I've read back several pages, have a better idea of what's up. Can you expand on "give me a month or two to get out of escrow number two"?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:17 pm
I haven't bought a house there, Soz, since I cannot do that without the cashflow from the sale here.

I am planning to pay cash so I don't have a mortgage, the whole point of this exercise - as I have figured out I can't keep working and making mortgage payments here, for example, until I am 87, and want a little place of my own, not - hah, as I thought when I moved here in north north, a great fixer upper.

I love fixing up houses and have had great plans for this one, as you might imagine. I am not bad at it, having done a lot of remodelling plans for clients in the past, and personally done the work a few times, and hired the work.
My sensibility gets more refined ... but my personal budget can't go there.

So, my plan is to pick a place that

a) I won't just hate

b) has no big structural problemo

c) is not in the gang territory's very worst block

d) may be in an improving area.

I am coning down... no big yard. That may be a problem... lotta places I like seem to have giant yards.

Anyway, I plan to screen and set and do quickly.

I've scoured the abq realtor.com stuff for quite a while, have an agent I may or may not call. I am trouble city for an agent. Low money and picky in ways they can't begin to understand. Y'know, I care about layout...

I am staying at dys and di's for the escrow period but I want to give them breathers and I do need to go to LA and get together with family and pals. Still - if one is in escrow, it's useful to be there. Apparently a cash escrow can go in 20 days. I dunno. I'll want inspections... I had a structural engineer look at this place, for example.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:32:56