What the hell is a malla bar? (or something like that)

roger

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:45 pm
Lord love a duck! Is there anyone still around who remembers sending SealPoet's mother in law Twinkies from all over the world?

We've got globe mallow. Is that the same? Can we eat it?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:47 pm
My Sweetiepie still has two packages of Twinkies in the car which she never sent (she did send others, though). Fortunately, they have a shelf life equivalent to the half-life of iron, so they're still good . . . or as good as one can expect a Twinkie to be . . .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:48 pm
The mallow family is edible, but as Farmerman has made clear - it is not all culinary.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:58 pm
Setanta wrote:
My Sweetiepie still has two packages of Twinkies in the car which she never sent (she did send others, though). Fortunately, they have a shelf life equivalent to the half-life of iron, so they're still good . . . or as good as one can expect a Twinkie to be . . .

eons from now in the radioactive wasteland, two things left, cockroaches and twinkies

well the cockroaches will need something to eat
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:02 pm
I stick with the tried and true, R.C. Cola and moonpies.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:03 pm
anybody ever have a woopie pie?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:08 pm
Hey Farmerman, we had Whoopie Pies in Connecticut. Pretty much the same thing as the others--sweet, sweet and sweet.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:13 pm
Mallomars are pretty Canajun - and Brit.
I still pick them up at the Dads/Nabisco/Peek Freans cookie factory on occasion.

For all of Setanta's comments, he manages to make them disappear from the cookie bucket.

<home made marshmallows, mmmmmmmmmmmm>

<1 mallomar has fewer calories than a lot of those not so mmmmm health food bars I've been having for breakfast lately. I may have to reconsider things>
0 Replies