Thanks for the kind words, boomerang!

'Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?'

Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:08 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
Most of what I say doesn't make much sense anyway.

neologist- Then you will be perfectly at home on a religion thread!

I'm sorry. When you fed me that line, I just couldn't resist!!! Laughing

Why do you think I miss Frank so much?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:11 pm
neologist wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
Most of what I say doesn't make much sense anyway.

neologist- Then you will be perfectly at home on a religion thread!

I'm sorry. When you fed me that line, I just couldn't resist!!! Laughing

Why do you think I miss Frank so much?

Me too. I was just thinking about him today. I miss his acerbic wit!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:57 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Hell is seperation from god, heaven is communion with god. You decide what your'e gonna do!

Well, I don't buy that either. If Hell is a separation from God, then that means I'm already in Hell and those who were born not knowing God and died not knowing God will never know Communion with God regardless.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:07 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Hell is seperation from god, heaven is communion with god. You decide what your'e gonna do!

Well, I don't buy that either. If Hell is a separation from God, then that means I'm already in Hell and those who were born not knowing God and died not knowing God will never know Communion with God regardless.
Thumpers like to forget that John 5:28 promises all who never knew God a resurrection where they will have a chance to experience the life Adam and Eve lost.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:57 pm
So, thunder's idea of Hell is the only way a Hell can exist without kinda wrecking the image of God being benevolent?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:04 pm
There is no hell other than the hell on earth people create worrying about getting into heaven.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:01 am
Quote:

God=Love, and if the people have loving hearts, they are in communion with God.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:07 am
Oh no you don't . . . i have a loving heart (whether or not anyone here believes it), and i don't buy a single jot or tittle of our imaginary friend superstition . . .
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:12 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Quote:

God=Love, and if the people have loving hearts, they are in communion with God.

Well, in that case, if I'm a homosexual and I commit homosexual acts, but I love the person I'm committing homosexual acts with and love other people (not in the same manner, of course, that would be just wrong) then...

No, that doesn't work either. That would mean Hell doesn't exist, surely?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:12 am
Love the the lord thy god with all thy heart and all thy mind....love thy neighbor as thyself.

Quote:
Oh no you don't . . . i have a loving heart (whether or not anyone here believes it), and i don't buy a single jot or tittle of our imaginary friend superstition . . .

I believe it, the loving heart part.

God will judge all according to how much scripture they have genuinely been shown and taught. In other words, if you are willfuly ignorant, I think you are in trouble. But if you are sincere (about wether God exists) you will be judged accordingly.

Quote:
Well, in that case, if I'm a homosexual and I commit homosexual acts, but I love the person I'm committing homosexual acts with and love other people (not in the same manner, of course, that would be just wrong) then...

No, that doesn't work either. That would mean Hell doesn't exist, surely?

No, the bible says man was made for woman...when you disobey, you seperate yourself from god...love your neighbor and love god (i.e follow his commmandments as best you can)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:20 am
You pomposity is breathtaking . . . and absurd . . .
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:26 am
How so?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:27 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:

God will judge all according to how much scripture they have genuinely been shown and taught.

Say what?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:29 am
boomerang wrote:
thunder_runner32 wrote:

God will judge all according to how much scripture they have genuinely been shown and taught.

Say what?

Exactly, that statement makes no sense whatsoever.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:40 am
How would one be falsely shown scripture?

They do a bait and switch and shove a Sharper Edge catalogue under yer nose ?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:51 am
Setanta wrote:
How would one be falsely shown scripture?

They do a bait and switch and shove a Sharper Edge catalogue under yer nose ?

Actually, it's a Newsweek, and they cleverly cut and tape bits of holywood sludge over New Testament passages.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 11:35 am
Them Bastiches ! ! !

Let's kill 'em all . . .
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:34 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
God will judge all according to how much scripture they have genuinely been shown and taught. In other words, if you are willfuly ignorant, I think you are in trouble. But if you are sincere (about wether God exists) you will be judged accordingly.

Now this bit here I have something of trouble with. Not only is it confusing and vague, but it assumes that all of the scripture is true. I've seen Genesis and I've seen natural evidence. I don't believe Genesis is true and I contend that the Bible is not the word of God, not through ignorance, but through actually looking at the evidence given to me.

So, I reject the existence of a Christian God, because of the evidence that I was provided. Does that mean I go to Hell? If so, is God not cruel for providing me with enough evidence to make me come to a conclusion that will ensure that I go to Hell?
0 Replies

myheartisyours

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:41 pm
i dont understand
i dont really understand what you are exactly trying to say
you dont believe in God or you dont beleive in hell? or both?
well if you dont beleive it.. thats just too bad for you
i believe..
and i beleive that what i beleive is true
but i am not against anyone believing otherwise
i understand people have different beliefs and viewpoints
i understand them very well
0 Replies