Printing drawing onto fabric?

EndZone

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:21 pm
What are some ways to get drawings printed onto fabrics or clothing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,255 • Replies: 9
No top replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:55 pm
Silkscreening is one of the more popular ways. One of the longest lasting as well.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:55 pm
i dont know
i dont know...
ive always wondered how people do that
it seems so.... amazing and impossible..
so yeah i have no clue Very Happy
0 Replies

EndZone

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:58 pm
Is it hard to get fine line drawing onto a silk screen? Sorry I don't know much about this subject. I've checked up stuff on google and books in the library but never seem to get how fine line drawings onto screen then fabric.

Stencils are cool but I really want drawings >.<
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 11:12 pm
EndZone,
Welcome to A2K.
You can get very fine lines in screenprinting. You should call around in your area to printers, and see what they suggest.
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 11:27 pm
I've never tried this myself, but you can get t-shirt transfer printing paper at probably any big office supply store, like Staples or OfficeMax--you print on it in your inkjet printer and then transfer it (I think with an iron) to a t-shirt, so if you can get the design into your computer (digital camera, scanner, touchpad, etc.) you should be able to get it onto a shirt. I know that I see it occasionally at lower prices in those flyers in the Sunday paper, in the same section as all the other printer supplies--just ask the guy at the store.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:00 am
Theer is some stuff you can get in a tube but cant rememeber its name right now.I used it years ago.

You photocopy the picture you want, apply a thickish of this product all over the picture, place it face down on material, wait for it to dry then sponge water on it and peel off the layer of paper, then apply another layer to seal it.

Il try and get the name for you.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 04:35 am
Its called Image Maker.
0 Replies

EndZone

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:21 am
thanks for the info guys, just curious abut Image Maker now that you mention it. Does the print last for long?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:25 am
Well, I did some a few years back, admittedly I just put them on a loose bit of fabic then cut out the pics i wanted, they have been in a folder for about 4 years but they are still as bright as a button, they feel like the they are covered in bendy plastic.

One thing is that the backing paper takes a while to rub off, you think its all off, it dries then you see a layer of paper fuzz on it adn then have to rub again.
It may be ok once the cover layer of image maker is applied but i cant really remember what I did to combat the problem.

Its worth a go.Its around £3 and 1 tube is enough for 2 A4 size pics.
0 Replies