Average land cost in your home country

Sleidia

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:42 pm
Thanks a lot !

AND WOW ... I just had a look at the prices in Tasmania ... it's so unbelievable ! What's the catch!?? 36 000 euro for a 370m2 house !???

(10 000 AUD = 6000 euro)

http://www.propertiesonline.com.au/property/search.asp?f_propertyID=214431&stylename=696

http://www.propertiesonline.com.au/property/search.asp?f_propertyID=246974&stylename=696
0 Replies

butibum

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:35 am
I had a quick look at the location of these two houses. Queenstown is a sleep old mining town on the far west coast. The area is relatively run down these days and explains in part the low price. The climate is terrible, very wet and cold.
One thing that you need to know about houses in Tas is that the building standard is relatively basic, no cellars, no attics, no central heating, no double glazed windows etc. I remember always being cold in the house, only in the rooms which were heated was it ok.
The further north in Australia you go of course the less you need heating. The far north coast of New South Wales, the Gold or Sunshine Coasts in Queensland are very nice areas - I lived on the Gold Coast for 2 years before coming to Switzerland.
regards
Martin
0 Replies

Sleidia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:47 am
Well thanks a lot.
But I've just found out that you have to own a permanent visa to be allowed to buy a property in Australia.

That's "funny" that I live in a country where foreigners have plenty of freedom but at the same time, the countries they come from don't play with the same rules.

I guess I have to limit my search to European countries which might not be as protectionist as the ones from the rest of the world.

Sorry to sound bitter but well ... I'm bitter now Wink
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:20 am
"The countries they come from don't play by the same rules" - maybe that's why they came away from those countries.
0 Replies

Sleidia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:40 am
Sure but those countries are the majority.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:51 am
Unfortunately.
0 Replies

Adriene

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
RIDDLE
Which month has 28 days?

Can you answer it?
0 Replies

Tomkitten