Super Happy Fun Bubbles - Holiday Blend: Design Competition

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:45 pm
Mo is making Super Happy Fun Bubbles to give to his friends and family for holiday gifts.

I'm making the labels and I am stuck on fonts.

I don't really use fancy fonts so I've never had the need for anything other than basic stuff.

I don't want to buy a bunch of fonts and I don't really want to download a bunch of stuff onto my computer so I thought I'd open a design competition to make a type thingamabob that I could use on my label.

The rules are that it must say: Super Happy Fun Bubbles - Holiday Blend
and it must fit into the blank part of this image but it can overlap the boarder a bit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/bubble3.jpg

The winner gets ummm.... bragging rights and a bottle of bubbles.

All forum members who want to be judges can be judges and I promise to abide by their decision.

C'mon. Help a girl out! Please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,914 • Replies: 20
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:48 pm
Oh, that's cool!

I'm hopeless with iPhoto -- I LOVED Adobe PhotoDeluxe -- but I'll see what I can come up with.

What a great idea for a present!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:54 pm
Oh I give UP.

REALLY annoyed with iPhoto. Glower.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:03 pm
Something like this?

http://k.domaindlx.com/geli/mo.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:04 pm
Oh yay! I really thought I might get some of that "do your own homework" stuff but seeing that my first reply was positive I'm thinking I might just be okay!

I'm really annoyed with all nine fonts on my computer. Ariel and Garamond just doesn't cut it for something fun like this.

I will share my bubble recipe once we get it perfected and others can make bubble gifts too!

It's hard to come up with something kids can make for a lot of people that doesn't take an impossible amount of time and concentration.

It's hard for me to come up with something and hard for Mo to spend a lot of time on anything, anyway.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:05 pm
Hey that's nice! Thanks CJane!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:48 pm
Oooooh!

Frustrated!

I figured I'd keep fiddling since I've been wanting to figure this stuff out.

Found this:

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/2005/03/textandpix/index.php

"Drag" it to Appleworks, fine.

No dice!!!

Broke down and did the screen capture timber talked about, but now imageshack won't accept a pdf.

Grrrr...

For what it's worth, I used Jokerman LET, shadow, 36 pt and red for "Super Happy Fun Bubbles" and 24 pt and green for "Holiday Blend."
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:06 pm
Soz! Don't wreck yourself over it, darling.

I thought about trying to find fonts or trying to find something that would allow me to create a lable without a lot of hassel but I don't want to pass the hassle off to anyone else either!

That said, I'd love to see what you come up with!

I'll keep the competition open til Tuesday since my photos won't be back from the lab till then and I can't mail out my gifts until I get those back.

You've got days and days.

It's kind of fun to play with. I worked on that darn bubble photo forever trying to get the bubbles to look good and the background to go away.

Nothing was working so I deleted the bubbles and the background and added the ornament-bubbles

I spend forever on this crazy stuff!

But I'm such a computer numbskull that I would probably screw everything up trying to add a font to my computer.

Maybe this should go on my "dork" thread.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:12 pm
I'm a complete and total dork when it comes to this stuff. I spent WAY too much time on fonts and such when creating materials for my center.

Mostly, I'm just frustrated that I have this apparently good program that I haven't been able to get to work the way I want it to -- there are all kinds of things (especially photo editing) that I used to do all the time that I haven't been able to do on this computer, and I've wanted to change that, so this happens to be a catalyst.

Ah well.

I LOVE the image you have right now, ornaments work great.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:24 pm
Just thought of this....

I'm not a Mac user but in my Photoshop (v7) program you have to flatten the image to save it as a JPEG. (Layer, Flatten Image, Save As).

I'm a computer moron though. I know how to type and do basic Photoshop stuff, thats about it.

Old dog, mediocre tricks, you know.

I used to have this font I really liked called "Matisse" but I don't seem to have it anymore and can't even explain why I don't!

Also one called "Gigi".

I don't know where they all went!

I like the one CJane used - I think it's called "Curlz" or something like that.

I'm glad you think the ornaments work because I was lost otherwise.

And I know what you mean about trying to figure something out and getting all hung up on it.

That's why I opened a design competition!

I know we have a lot of artists around here and I thought they might have fun with this.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 10:46 pm
Bump.

C'mon people now, smile on your brother
Everybody get together now
Try to love making up a logo for boomerang
Right now

Ahhh uhhhh.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:38 pm
Bump again.

No takers?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:39 pm
Yeah, c'mon people! I would if I could but I can't so...

you get the idea.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 03:54 pm
Why don't you post a plea on one of the Christmas Avatar threads? Lots of artistic talent is going a-begging.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 05:15 pm
all you need is a diffrent font in the picture?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 06:16 pm
I think I might have something else to add along with CJane's. My friend J is entering the contest too but I'm still waiting for his final edition.....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 08:48 am
Here's J's:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/bubble3v2.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 09:09 am
That's cool!

I like the heart-dotted "i" and the balance. (baby-blue letters in top left, baby-blue t in bottom right...)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 09:13 am
I have just read through this thread and, frankly, I am speechless.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 09:35 am
I hadn't noticed the heart dotted "i"! It doesn't show up too good on here but the blue color is made up of little bubbles and the red is candy cane type strips.

Speechless gus?

Have we offended you with our bubble talk?
0 Replies