Women like this give girls a bad name.... It was nasty

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:23 pm
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, Slappy, wonderful contribution . . . you're just the kind of person to offer advice in this situation--selfish, childish and cynical advice . . . where would we be without the light of your compassionate view of people?

Slappy, are you gonna take that sarcastic comment from him? Holy crap, I didn't realize you were Setanta's bitch!

This is a sad day indeed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:27 pm
Yer next, Bubba . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:28 pm
Uh oh.

<runs away>
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:28 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
btw sorry if this post offended or upset anyone.. I didn't expect this kind of reaction at all

If it did, so be it. I think that we need to talk about these things. Get them out there and make each other accountable for the way we treat each other.

I am actually glad you posted this. Not so I could yell at you ( :wink: ) but because I think it's important we discuss the sexual dynamics that surround us.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:31 pm
Guys like Ted Bundy give men a bad name...
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:32 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
btw sorry if this post offended or upset anyone.. I didn't expect this kind of reaction at all

If it did, so be it. I think that we need to talk about these things. Get them out there and make each other accountable for the way we treat each other.

I am actually glad you posted this. Not so I could yell at you ( :wink: ) but because I think it's important we discuss the sexual dynamics that surround us.

Embarrassed I think I just get nervous when it comes to any kind of debate or anything.... it is one of the I haven't matured in fully yet... I get too frusterated too fast and tend to jump to conclusions
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:35 pm
Okay, now I'm going to get serious for a minute. Girls who do this kind of **** are considered slutty. Guys who take advantage of girls who do this type of thing are not. I don't think they are very bright, but in our society, what they did is not any big deal, and in fact, is pretty much expected and possibly even encouraged behavior in that situation for that age group.

It ain't pretty, but it's the way it is, and nothing you guys can say or do is going to change it anytime soon, so quit acting like it's Crazielady who is being unreasonable for saying what she thinks.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:36 pm
A whole bunch of wrongs don't make a right.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:41 pm
kickycan wrote:
Okay, now I'm going to get serious for a minute. Girls who do this kind of **** are considered slutty. Guys who take advantage of girls who do this type of thing are not. I don't think they are very bright, but in our society, what they did is not any big deal, and in fact, is pretty much expected and possibly even encouraged behavior in that situation for that age group.

It ain't pretty, but it's the way it is, and nothing you guys can say or do is going to change it anytime soon, so quit acting like it's Crazielady who is being unreasonable for saying what she thinks.

Thanks Kicky....

I think it is more of a double standard than anything.... woman are looked down upon with the more men they sleep with and men are given pats on the back and said to keep up the good work
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:41 pm
shortygurl wrote:
ok Im sorry but I was there too and she is a slut for some girl to have a boyfriend and go to a party and let guys treat u like that is wrong the giys were even digusted after they were sober How is she judging her.

The same way you did by labeling her a slut. CL isn't a bad person. I just called her out on something I think is wrong. We can't continue to allow it if we (women) want to gain respect.

CL answered, made her opinion known and that's all we can do. I still think what she did by labeling this girl was wrong.

shortygurl wrote:

I could see if she walked into the house and was called a slut by what she was wearing but she did more than just wear revealing clothes she had sex with two guys and a bottle and thats a good way to live.

What is the difference? Were you in the room? Do you know what happened? Did you ask her if she was happy? Or enjoying herself? Nope. You made a decision based on limited facts (perhaps inaccurate second hand facts) and called her a "slut" because you disagree with her life syle.

Why isn't it a good way to live? If she used protection, is STD free and is happy, why are you so concerned with her way of life?

shortygurl wrote:

What she did made her a slut. Hasn't anyone ever heard of self respect and not to mention she never met any of the guys before and just had sex with them that is disgusting I mean any of them could have an std I Kno none of the guys don't but she doesnt kno that why would someone be that stupid she could've been walking into the house of a serial killer or rapist where is her commonsense. CL is not judging herHer actions proved to us what she is and she is a dirty slut. No woman should ever digrate themselves that way it just isn't right.

Respect for yourself also entails standing up for what you believe, disregarding the nasty and hurtful remarks other people make and remembering you are worth more. It's being the bigger person and not lowering yourself to name calling when everyone else is doing it. It's being confident in who you are, no matter what job you do or how much money you have and not being swayed by the expectations of society. It's being who you are with pride.

You don't know if that girl has respect for herself. You might think that behavior like that means she doesn't, but you might be wrong.

Women's liberation didn't give us the right to be tight lipped, conservative career women. It gave us the right to be whatever we wanted, be it CEO or stripper. It gave us options. It gave us the right to the sexual freedom men have enjoy for hundreds of years. And still, people like you, come along and tear down the progress we've made. You insist on being the savior of everyone, even if they don't need saving.

Sex with multiple partners might be "gross" to you. It might be wrong to you. And it might very well be dangerous if protection isn't used. But what it is not is your business.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:46 pm
Calling a girl or a guy a slut in the context it was used in is wrong. Pure and simple. It's 5th grade bullshit and I won't tolerate it.

I can't control what CL or anyone else does or thinks, but I can control what I do and what I think. And I am just as free as anyone to say and act on what I believe.

If you want to behave this way, that's fine but since you are so free with letting us know what a slut this girl is, I think it's only fair that I let you know what I think of your unsubstantiated name calling.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:48 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
shortygurl wrote:
ok Im sorry but I was there too and she is a slut for some girl to have a boyfriend and go to a party and let guys treat u like that is wrong the giys were even digusted after they were sober How is she judging her.

The same way you did by labeling her a slut.

Bella, what word or words would you use to describe a girl who does what she did? Would promiscuos be one? Slovenly? Would calling her one of these two words be judgmental?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:49 pm
kickycan wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
shortygurl wrote:

Bella, what word or words would you use to describe a girl who does what she did? Would promiscuos be one? Slovenly? Would calling her one of these two words be judgmental?

Neither. I'd call her sexually liberated.

Whether she's happy or not.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:49 pm
What WOULD you call her?

To me, it's more about owning the term -- which is demonstrated as almost a textbook definition here -- and holding the men equally accountable than getting hung up on the word "slut", itself.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:51 pm
sozobe wrote:
What WOULD you call her?

To me, it's more about owning the term -- which is demonstrated as almost a textbook definition here -- and holding the men equally accountable than getting hung up on the word "slut", itself.

Well, yeah. The point I am trying to make is that there should be no such word. We have enough sh*t to worry about in this life.

We are all freaks in the bedroom, admit it or not. We all do something that someone, somewhere would find offensive or gross or "slutty". But the fact is, who are we to judge what is right and what is wrong for someone else?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:52 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
shortygurl wrote:

Neither. I'd call her sexually liberated.

Whether she's happy or not.

I think you've gone off the deep end here in your quest to right this perceived wrong you see. In your opinion, do the words promiscuous or Slovenly EVER apply? I mean, if they don't apply in this case, then when the hell would they ever apply?

I agree with what Soz said, by the way.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:52 pm
Who in their right mind posts details of a private party on the internet? I'd say you got lucky that she was the only one that showed up.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:53 pm
Hey I just used the word slut cuz it is the only way I could think to describe it.... and I have a gutter mouth.. sorry...

But the judgemental thing... I remember watching her walk in and take off her jacket.. boobs pooping out and tattoos all over her and I didn't think once to judge her, I thought she was just another girl... even she started grinding up on my friends and taking pants off with her teeth, I thought maybe she is just having fun, I agree I was a little taken back and had a few thoughts brewing, but I was still willing to give her a chance... but once she was butt naked and being passed around, I did have a thought of her
0 Replies

sozobe

Oh, moving fast.

I agree with all of that, I just don't think the word "slut" necessarily has much to do with it. There is a word. It has a dictionary definition that corresponds pretty much exactly to what this girl did. What's so awful about using the word?

I completely agree that the double standard sucks, and said as much in my first comment here.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Stevepax wrote:
Who in their right mind posts details of a private party on the internet? I'd say you got lucky that she was the only one that showed up.

I agree with this also.. it was very stupid on their part
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:13:46