Unpardonable sin?

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 03:53 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Wasn' t that discredited before? The whole Columbus part?

Now it is and most people know it but not 20 years ago, I was taught and my books were printed, that Columbus was the first to set foot in America.

Do we know for sure who the first person was? Probably not. It's a guess because that person would have been dead for a LONG time.

Huh?

Your books ignored the entire populations of people in North and South America prior to invasion?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:29 am
Quote:
If God's will keeps things from happening, explain the reason for his will when an innocent baby starves to death or dies of a horrible disease.

What could his purpose be to "allow" this to happen?

I disagree with ITOO, I think that God allows the events in this world to transpire because of the whole free choice thing. He intervenes when...well who knows when, but the point is that he has and continues to.

To answer your question bella, when Adam and Eve sinned, we seperated ourselves from God, we must learn that seperation from God only results in pain and suffering. The baby is innocent as an individual, but as humans in this world we are exposed to life without God.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 04:53 pm
I know this isn't going to make much sense to the nonbelievers but...

This world is nothing...just a passing in time...a vapor. Our true life starts after death and we pass over. That's when we are realy living. To suffer in this world, like Thunder-Runner put it, is a result of the fall. So many people blame God for the pain in this world, yet alot of the time, they are the ones who don't believe in him. So the 2 contradict one another.

God created the law of free will from the beginning. He is neverchanging. So for him to change it would mean he lied to us.

He also allows suffering to let us come to him when we can turn nowhere else. No human, not one can do for you what he can.

He gave us this life, why shouldn't he take it away also? I know it's confusing. For those of you who do understand, please pray for those who don't.

I wasn't directing this towards anybody, just trying to answer.

Wanda
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 05:44 pm
Wanda wrote:
This world is nothing...just a passing in time...a vapor. Our true life starts after death and we pass over. That's when we are realy living.

Yes, that's what I understand, too.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:38 pm
I like your snowman.

Wanda
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:53 pm
queen annie wrote:
Wanda wrote:
This world is nothing...just a passing in time...a vapor. Our true life starts after death and we pass over. That's when we are realy living.

i'd take half that promise in cash right now
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:51 pm
Why are you green?

Wanda
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:06 pm
I'm not going to pretend to know what Christ meant by unpardonable sin--but I do feel like I have a good understanding of what qualified.

Lying about or misrepresenting the Holy Spirit.

Jesus went to a lot of trouble to prepare the world for the Holy Spirit. If you believe as I do, you believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to each person, who makes an effort to know Him. I believe each person has an individual relationship with Christ through the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit never leaves me (though, I am famously imperfect, and thankful perfection was not in my contract).

But, a person has to listen, and be sincere, to "hear" the Spirit. In short, the room for mistake, manipulation and worse is huge. New Christians can be misled.

"God will build you on a three room condo in Heaven with your donation of $1000. to Rev. Billy...."

"The Holy Spirit told me God don't want blacks mixin' with the whites..."

I'm sure there are plenty of lies about the Holy Spirit, and I feel reasonably sure there is a special place in hell for those, who tell them.

Anyway, that's what I've always believed.

There's a passage in the Bible that warns those who would cause people who are "young in the Lord" to stumble.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:49 am
I'm the other one wrote:
I like your snowman.

Wanda

Thank you, Wanda. It is 'an original by Annie.' hee hee
Things like that are how I eat.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:57 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Why are you green?

Wanda

nope, i'd just rather have a tart here today than some promise of pie in the sky, when i die
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:58 am
djjd62 wrote:
queen annie wrote:
Wanda wrote:

i'd take half that promise in cash right now

Well, I've got about 8 bucks. What's your address? Laughing
0 Replies