Pet Peeves

Misti26

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 09:46 pm
Pet peeves? I have a list a mile long, and I'm afraid if I put them in print I won't have any cyber-friends left:)

Ok, I'll try:

Cell phone users, in stores, in cars {are you that important?}
People who drive slow in the left lane............Jaysus!
People who don't use directionals..................
People who talk loud in a movie theatre.........
People who eat loudly...................................
People who insist on using "I"........................
People who inject "yah know what I mean?"....

I'm thinking ...............
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 09:46 pm
Yeah, he's got this teasing thing down to an artform..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 09:50 pm
I'm in agreement with ya so far, Ma!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 09:51 pm
I'm with ya so far Misti, except for the cell phone thing in the store. That doesn't bother me. Ahem, I'm one of them, LOL! Never in the car though unless I'm parked. A few months back my mother and I went to see a band that we know and we took a cab since I was drinking. When it came time to call the cab to come back and pick us up it was so loud in the place that I had to go in a stall in the ladies room to call. As I was talking to the cab driver someone in the stall next to me started talking back to me. It was a riot, LOL!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 09:58 pm
I have two cellphones.....neither of which are active. And I'm okay with that.

When I don't want to be found, I really don't want to be found!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 10:07 pm
I only turn mine on when I need to use it which is rare. The only reason why I have one is because we live kind of in the boonies, so if I ever break down without a phone, it could be a problem. Once in a blue moon if I'm at the grocery store, I'll call my mother to see if she needs anything.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 01:39 am
I'm not sure. With me peeves come and go. Right now it's our local Sainsbury's Supermarket. They insist on having someone selling things at the exit. It's stuff like insurance, TV systems, new windows in your basement, all the boring crap I don't want. They were selling mobile phones the other day and this lady said "excuse me sir" and I thought who is she talking to. Well it was me and her bosom blocked my way out of the store and it/she said "you gotta a mobile phone sir ?" I told her no. She had a look on her face that said LUDDITE, RETRO MAN and stuff like that. She was so dumbfounded her eyelashes dropped off and I split, sharpish. Back to the haven called home.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 06:01 am
Midnight we are certainly in danger of sterilising the world! My mother is a District Midwife and her opinion on germs is to not avoid them with kids. If you drop a bit of food on the floor, wipe the grit off and eat it! you immune system will be much better for it in the long run
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 06:02 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Dek:

Quote:
The real answer is to not use public bathrooms!

You are obviously not "a lady of a certain age". If I couldn't use public bathrooms, I would never venture out of my house at all! Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 06:07 am
Rae wrote:
When I don't want to be found, I really don't want to be found!

I hear that!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:45 am
oldandknew ~ salespeople in supermarkets drive me nuts, too. It's also a reason I won't patronize the mall unless I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else.

I used to take A#1 son to the mall when he was very small ~ it was air conditioned and walking around the whole place usually got him in the mood for a nap.

A 'survey' person approached us once ~ well, approached my son. Walked right up to him and asked him if he wanted $2. I got a bit irrate with the guy..... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:54 am
Dek wrote:
Midnight we are certainly in danger of sterilising the world! My mother is a District Midwife and her opinion on germs is to not avoid them with kids. If you drop a bit of food on the floor, wipe the grit off and eat it! you immune system will be much better for it in the long run

Dek, this is an issue close to my own heart (as a mother of a two-year-old, it comes up rather often) and I'm glad to see your quite qualified mother agrees!

I know you've already been welcomed to A2K, but just wanted to say I've been enjoying your posts. Glad you're here!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 11:34 am
Dek
I'll second what Sozobe said. I also enjoy your posts and would like to welcome you aboard :-D
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 11:38 am
Me three!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 11:45 am
Peeve #2. Unwanted callers at the house. We get at least one every week. Such as the Hard Paved Surface Technician. In other words he's laying a new driveway at a non existant house round the corner in the next street. I said I was attached to the puddles in my drive and passing dogs would stop for a drink.
Then there is the Itinerate Tree Surgeon who will volunteer to judiciously prune the tree in my front garden, thus restricting the vertical reach and containing the width of offending tree. I told him that I prefer canned prunes.
We used to get lots of visits from Jehova's Witnesses till I told them a couple of years ago that we were Muslims. They split el rapido, never to return. A case watch , wallet, spectacles, testicles, and may your God be with you.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:05 pm
lol Very Happy
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:10 pm
Rae --------- It is the Sabbath, laughter with decorum my dear. You don't want the Bible Belt raising fire and brimstone do you. They don't approve of enjoyment.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:16 pm
OldandKnew
Oh, how I hear that. When I was living in the States, I use to get telemarketers calling all all day starting at 8am up until 8pm. I was working at night at the time and slept during the day when my son was in school. I couldn't shut the phone off in case the school called, so needless to say, I didn't get much sleep those days. Since we moved to Canada we barely ever get any of those calls anymore :-D
Jehova's Witnesses showed up at our door just the other day. My mother answered the door before I could get there and she talks to them because she doesn't want to be rude. I've tried explaining to her that they are the ones who are rude for trying to change our religion. She understands that, but would still never be rude which is why they keep coming around. I told her I'd answer the door next time. Do you mind if I use the Muslim thing? That's a riot.

Rae
I would have gone off myself if some stranger offered my son money.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:32 pm
Montana, be my guest, you can be a Muslim as and when you wish, don't tell the CIA tho, they can get very moody if they have a bad day. Wish your mother well and remiind her that it's her front doorstep.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:37 pm
OldandKnew
LOL! Will do ;-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pet Peeves
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:59:14