Pet Peeves

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:31 pm
Okay, most everyone here knows that I work in a hotel. We also have a restaurant and almost every day of the week, we have ladies who come in to play bridge.

Because my office is located on the restaurant side of the property, I use the restaurant bathroom.

I am totally amazed at the number of these bridge ladies who do not wash their hands afterwards. (I'm amazed that anyone wouldn't wash their hands after, but.....) These ladies go back out into the restaurant, pick up cards, eat food.....YUCK!

I'm sure I'll come up with more peeves, but this one has been bugging me a lot lately.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,814 • Replies: 102
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:33 pm
As a related peeve, I am appalled by the ladies who stand when they go to the bathroom, so that they don't pick up any germs. Many of them never remember to clean up their spray though! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:35 pm
I almost wish I couldn't relate to that, Phoenix, but I can. Make that mistake once and you'll wipe down the seat every time even if it's dry.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:41 pm
Those are both on the top of my list as well along with people who beep there horns right next to you when you're walking down the street and make you jump a mile.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:41 pm
A person not washing their hands is an unpleasant fact of public bathrooms. If you think about it, the really worrying thing is that if you wash your hands you cannot avoid getting other peoples "germs" on your hands. Unless of course you can wash and dry your hands and get out of the bathroom without having to touch anythingÂ….Other peoples germs will be on the toilet, toilet door handle, the tap, the soap dispenser, the drier (if you have to press a button) and the bathroom door.

Would you rather have other peoples "germs" on your hands or just your own?

Now if EVERYBODY washed and you had automatically dispensable water soap and drier there wouldn't be a problem.

The real answer is to not use public bathrooms!

Personally I'll just continue to wash and try to ignore the above while I still secretly make an effort to touch as little things as possible in the bathroomÂ…..

DeK
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:42 pm
I also hate it when someone parks too close to my car in a parking lot, so getting in your car is a job in itself.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:45 pm
my personal pet peeves are ignorant people and bad customer service (I will go out of my way and pay extra to get better service and I never go back to a place where I've had bad service)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:47 pm
Dek
Good point, but I use my elbow to dispense the soap and to turn the air dryer on. The first thing I do when I come home from anywhere is to wash my hands and I very rarely get sick.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:48 pm
Dek
Same here. I will only get bad service in the same place once because I'll never go there again.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 06:56 pm
lol.....I can also relate to the horn blowing, Montana! I have to walk from my office to the front desk many times a day ~ several employees coming on shift have scared the bejesus out of me many times by blowing their horn right behind me! They know I hate it, too because I walk so poorly anyway!

I've heard that washing your hands too much can be bad for you, too ~ so it's kind of easy to 'forget' about all the germs I'm coming in contact with using a public bathroom.

Bad service is another huge peeve.....I don't mess around anymore either ~ management will hear my complaint.

But, I also go out of my way to compliment excellent service, either in writing or verbally to the management.
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:01 pm
Hmm. . . . the hand washing thing doesn't really bother me. . . . I guess cause I'm a biologist and I know my hands are never clean. . . . those people that aren't washing their hands are leaving the bathroom and touching the door and then the back of the chair and then the customer service desk and then the door out of the hotel and then. . . . . germs make the world go around and boy to they get around. . . . I don't know if what comes out of your tush is anymore dangerous than the germ infested oil on your face or the germ infested spit in your mouth. . . . how many times a day do you cover your mouth to yawn or clear your throat. . . do you wash your hands every time? these are old ladies playing bridge right? Maybe they are on to something. . . . the more germs your exposed to the more immunities you can build up. . . . . sorry the big push to wash hands is one of my pet peeves. . . . but my biggest pet peeve is definitely people walking on the wrong side of the hall or going through the wrong door. Here you walk down the right side of the hall and you go through the door on the right. . . . I don't know how many times I've nearly caught a door in the face cause somebody had to use the door on the left instead. . . . . I've been tempted to run all over campus and post signs on the doors. . . . .
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:04 pm
midnight ~ I agree with you about germs being everywhere ~ you can't escape them.

But, I do have a problem with people using the bathroom and not washing their hands. I shudder to think how many food handlers don't wash their hands afterwards..... Shocked
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:07 pm
I don't know living here in lubbock I breath cow dung on a daily basis I guess stuff of that nature has lost its power. . . . . .
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:09 pm
Rae
I also make sure I compliment good service as well.

I guess this germ thing is a no win situation. I'm not as bad as I sound, but I do try to avoid germs because with my Athsma, when I get sick, it cripples me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:09 pm
Dek:

Quote:
The real answer is to not use public bathrooms!

You are obviously not "a lady of a certain age". If I couldn't use public bathrooms, I would never venture out of my house at all! Laughing
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 07:15 pm
Even with the argument of there being healthy and unhealthy germs, it makes me feel better to wash after using the restroom.

I do it at home, too. Ya never know who's going to knock on your door!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 08:02 pm
People who leave their cars running when they park next to me, so their exhaust fumes move into my car . I tend to get to appointments early and don't mind sitting in the car, during hot or cold weather, reading or getting organized. More often then not, some jamoke will park right next to me and leave their car running while they sit in it, to enjoy the heat or air conditioning.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 08:11 pm
People who 'crowd' you while standing in line. I don't do serious grocery shopping ~ almost every time, I end up in the ten items or less line. Invariably, there is always someone shoving and pushing to get closer to the register......yet my items are still at the end of the conveyor belt.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 08:13 pm
Yeah, like the closer they stand, the quicker they will get through the line.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 08:15 pm
Exactly, Roger! I've gotten very good at 'cementing' my feet to one spot.....can you believe that people still try to shove their way into me to make me move?! The nerve!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pet Peeves
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:56:09