Fresh cranberries arrive; what do you make with them?

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:26 am
Fresh cranberries have arrived in the stores. What do you like to make with them?

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,851 • Replies: 3
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:31 am
Recipe - Ceylon Ruby Mine Pie (Crustless Cranberry Pie)
Recipe - Ceylon Ruby Mine Pie (Crustless Cranberry Pie)
An original recipe by BumbleBeeBoogie

This is one of my family's favorite desserts. I always freeze several bags of fresh cranberries so I can make it throughout the year.

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
Butter the insides of two 10-inch pie pans.

FILLING:
3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
3/4 cup of white granulated sugar
1-2 to 1 cup of chopped walnuts

Optional: You may lightly toast the walnuts if desired.

In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sugar and walnuts. Spoon the mixture into the two pie pans.

TOPPING:
2 large whole eggs
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cups white all-purpose flour

In an electric mixer, beat the eggs until they are lemon colored. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is creamy.

Gradually add the flour to the mixture, alternating with the melted butter, and beat until the mixture is smooth.

Spread the topping over the cranberry mixture in the two pie pans.

Place the two pie pans on a cookie sheet or spread foil under the pan to catch any drippings.

Bake for 45 minutes until the topping is golden brown.

The pie may be served at room temperature or cold.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 10:23 am
Yum!

I make cranberry sauce -- nothin' easier and YUM-my -- and cranberry bread. (Quick, easy, moist, delish.)

Have about 18 ounces of cranberries left after T-day, plotting my next move... (Might also string 'em into garlands with sozlet for outdoor decorations.)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 03:00 pm
Craisins are a great all-by-themselves snack, and a splendid component of home made trail mix. The recipe really is super simple. I soak whole, fresh cranberries a day or so in honey-sweetened orange juice (about a 1/2 cup honey to a quart of OJ), pour off the liquid, and dehydrate the cranberries either in the oven at very low heat, preferably in a single layer on a screen-type rack, agitating 'em once in a while to keep 'em from sticking to each other and/or the rack, or in a dehydrator appliance, if you have one (which is my method). A real light coating of unflavored cooking spray helps to keep 'em from clumping if you're gonna use 'em all by themselves. The decanted liquid makes a great marinade for poultry, BTW, though if you're gonna grill the poultry, use indirect heat to prevent over-carmelization.
0 Replies