An exciting new recipe for pumpkin pie.

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:03 pm
Sometimes the best things happen by accident. Just a couple of minutes ago I went up to the refrigerator and pulled out the pumpkin pie. I cut a big slice, put it on a plate, put the pie back in the fridge, grabbed some Kool Whip, tossed a few dollops on top, and raced back downstairs to watch the rest of my tv program.

I put a big forkful of pie into my mouth and my taste buds were treated to an unexpected, but wonderful treat.

What had happened was in my haste, and because of the fact that my mind is going, I had put Miracle Whip on the pie instead of Kool Whip. (Is that spelled with a K?)

But it was delicious! I would highly recommend this delightful combination of pumpkin pie and Miracle Whip to all A2K members.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,090 • Replies: 9
No top replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:26 pm
thanks, gus ! any other culinary surprises up your sleeve ? no, thanks, don't tell - i might be tempted to try ... hbg

...delightful combination ... sounds like a poem !
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:31 pm
Hmm Gus....i'm usually the first one in line to try something weird, but i dunno, miracle whip......pumpkin pie.....together.....ick....(lol.....the sick part of me still wants to try it though...so...I prolly will sometime)

Thanks for the story....awesome! As usual.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:38 pm
Next time I have pumpkin pie, I'll give it a shot.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 10:26 pm
Are you absolutely sure it was Miracle Whip, Gus, and not some other substance that you keep refrigerated? I worry about you sometimes because I know, as you say yourself, that your mind is going.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 12:19 am
I might secretly like miracle whip and not know it myself... memories of all those old time good tuna sandwiches. Especially from Pioneer Boulangerie, on dutch crunch bread.
No mayo and tuna I do matches theirs. Although, em, it's beaten it, what with the new Carvalho brand tuna...

What were you talking about? Oh, yes, pumpkin pie. And miracle whip. The thing is, pumpkin by itself is not, I don't think, a sickeningly sweet vegetable, or fruit, whatever it is.
So... miracle whip might work with real unadulterated pumpkin.

Go for it, Gus, and live to tell the tale...
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:30 am
Re: An exciting new recipe for pumpkin pie.
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
to an unexpected, but wonderful treat.
What had happened was in my haste, and because of the fact that my mind is going, I had put Miracle Whip on the pie instead of Kool Whip. (Is that spelled with a K?)

And, your taste buds are gone Gus. Confused
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 10:05 am
Once I forgot to put the sugar in the pumpkin pie. That was interesting.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 01:45 pm
gus' recipe almost beats the culinary concoction of a dear friend of mine (passed away recently) . he liked : a thick slice of raisinbread, butter, several thick slices of german salami (mettwurst), topped off with homemade strawberry-jam. now there's a taste treat ! hbg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 01:53 pm
Dare I ask if diet contributed to your friend's demise, hamburger?
0 Replies