TV in your cell phone...

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 09:37 am
Anyone watch TV shows in their cell phone or iPod? What's it like and how much does it cost?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,001 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 09:49 am
Don't have an I Pod. Can't get TV on my cell phone. Wouldn't want to.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 11:55 pm
I know, it does seem sort of impractical doesn't it? All the more reason to find someone who has it.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:04 pm
I think it's pretty cool, I've actually gotten my hands on some phones that do this and it's super neat.

There are lots of phones out there that have VCast, etc. The hot new one is the 9800 from LG - I saw it in Time Magazine's Hot for 2005 article. Next time you go into a cell phone store check one out - I think it's cooler in person than in theory! Smile
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:42 pm
I think it's pretty stupid myself, but it really doesn't surprise me. But maybe now they will come out with high powered, longer lasting batteries.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:46 pm
Don't like it because who wants to watch tv on a 2 inch screen?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:49 pm
Yeah and what if you're in the middle of the best part of the show and you lose the cell coverage.....good times....
0 Replies

CMF

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 10:27 pm
I don't think it's a good idea. All we need is more people causing wrecks on the road because they can't put down their cell phone when they drive. People would definitely do this.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 10:30 pm
I agree, but I still think it would be pretty cool to just try it out for free sometime.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:19 pm
Right now the technology just let's you get video clips or music videos - but I'm sure that there are people hunched over computers as we speak trying to figure out how to make longer segements work! As the technology gets better I'm sure they'll find a way to maximize the size of the screen. You totally should check one out though - I was really impressed when I was messing with my friend's LG.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:36 am
Just saw an article about how TV shows will be making the jump to iPods - it seemed pretty cool.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:58 am
Looks like they figured out how to get TV on cell phones - looks like those people hunched over their desks work pretty fast! LOL!

This should be a big hit for Verizon with their 9800 selling so well.

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2005/12/02/verizon-wireless-mediaflo

Verizon Wireless to broadcast TV
Dec 02 2005 - 02:55 AM ET | Data, Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless and Qualcomm yesterday announced an agreement that will bring live US TV content to Verizon Wireless subscribers. Qualcomm's $800 million MediaFLO network will be used for distribution. The network is expected to launch late next year and will provide service in about half of the markets already covered by Verizon's EV-DO network.

"Using the MediaFLO technology and network, Verizon Wireless will be able to offer its customers a real-time TV-like experience on their wireless phones unlike anything available on the market today," said Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, CEO, Qualcomm

Through V Cast, Verizon Wireless subscribers already have access to selected on-demand TV content.
0 Replies