AngeliqueEast's Poems

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:35 pm
Thanks osso, was just thinking of that one. If I remember right, lots of Cav in it, which actually gave me pause when I thought of looking for it -- always makes me sad.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:37 pm
sozobe wrote:
I can't figure out if you're complaining about the constructive criticism you've received here (which is the kind I'm familiar with as a former creative writing major) or if you're complaining that you don't get more of it...?

Can you provide an example of what you DO want to see more of? ("That's good" is not constructive criticism. ;-))

You call it CC, I don't! I'm not going to spend hours arguing with you!
I want this thread to disappear is what I want! :wink:
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:40 pm
Oh pleasssssssssssss

Some of the stuff said here was not honest, just mean!

I'm not going to argue anymore!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:52 pm
Hmmm.

OK.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:05 pm
To anyone else interested, it was a thread with a lot of Cav in it. I ended up crying at the end rereading it just now..

On constructive criticism, I've been through a lot of it in my landscape architecture schooling. Most people who made it through ended up reeling from it at some time or another. I can see where Angelique thought this was harsh - I didn't particularly - it was the person's opinion, a person who may well have some background that makes him or her worth listening to, even if one doesn't end up agreeing.

Personally I think that this is a multifaceted original writing forum, and that a lot don't want any criticism, or not for particular Topic posts and ok for others, depending on their motive for posting in the first place. Another whole bunch are interested in criticism. I suppose if we really don't want it we should say so, as it is a writing forum.

I posted some travel diaries, I think, and little else. Those diaries could use some cutting by at least half, or three fourths, yet some additions of, perhaps, visual sensations. They are works in progress.

This reminds me that I recently announced my house was in escrow to about fifteen friends via a short poem. Six wrote back surprised I wrote poetry or thanking me for the words in some way; at least three people were clearly irritated, described me as enigmatic - they are my most linear thinking pals; and the rest took it as a seemingly usual sort of message.
Interesting how people sort out.. and keep resorting.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:39 pm
I read the thread you posted some time ago osso.
0 Replies

tcb

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:12 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
tcb wrote:
I'd like to see AngeliqueEast write from the heart and not from the dictionary or encyclopedia
Having said that, putting pen to a blank sheet of paper and creating anything original counts for something…
Just what that is….well I'll have to get back to you on that
Meanwhile AngeliqueEast "Don't let the bastards get ya down"
"Keep truck'n" and a thousand other clichés from the Woodstock Generation
t

I do write from the heart! You don't know me or my heart.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:33 pm
tcb--

Welcome to A2K. You have perspective.

AE--

I will not give you unqualified adulation. Would you prefer constructive criticism or silence?
0 Replies

tcb

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:44 pm
Thanks for the welcome Noddy24 and your nice words
t
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 02:33 am
I don't want anything from you Noddy or tcb got it! As far as I'm concern this thread is closed.
0 Replies

Jaime Lannister

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:12 pm
Angelique, this is why your poetry is sub-par. You're like a child, shunning anyone who tells you your writing isn't fabulous. Prepare to stay at the same quality level for many years to come.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:03 pm
People it was only thirteen words! Two sentences! This is getting carried away. Both sides are in the right.

I can inderstand why tcb is upset. He was apparently trying to help and instead had his critisizm shunned and denied.

Also, I can see why AE would be upset at someone telling her she doesn't write from the heart, as it's very, very difficult for another person to tell if what someone wrote is from their heart or not; no one can know the ways of someone elses heart.

You are both right from your own point of view. Indeed, you both have validity and reason to be upset, but it's just turning into a big brawl. Now, you don't have to listen to me, but please, everyone just leave it alone. Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:26 pm
I have no idea what you are talking about thirteen words.

A jewel count of supposed derogation?

This is a storm about little.

One does get to make negative comments here. Period.

Certanly people with a background in writing do.

doing a dying camellia isn't very useful. Sorry, angelique. I like you and want you to keep working, but get over this stuff.
0 Replies

tcb

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:56 am
Crazy Diamond Wrote: : I can inderstand why tcb is upset

I am?
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 11:15 am
Maybe not, sorry. Just forget I said anything...
0 Replies

tcb

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 01:01 pm
CDiamond Wrote: Maybe not, sorry. Just forget I said anything...
TCBWrites:
But on the other hand, your comments were cogent and I appreciate your support
t
0 Replies