British TV drama '40' - Turning 40 wasn't like that!

FionaB

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:23 am
Did anyone else find themselves reluctantly caught up in the three parter British TV drama '40'?

I have to admit to being enticed by the idea of Eddie Izzard taking part and I thought he was good as was every other actor. I did like the clever way the story unfolded with use of 'flash forwards and backs' if one can put it that way. But, did it really have to be SO bleak? It really got to me all these dysfunctional individuals, couples and families with their predilections which ended in such a graphic and convincingly executed murder!

What does anyone else think?

FionaB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,432 • Replies: 2
No top replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:59 am
Fiona -------- I didn't see it, I'm not much of a TV viewer. Eddie Izzard is quite a clever person though. I've done the '40' bit and it was no big deal.
From what you say, it sounds as if it was a bit like Eastenders on overtime and I think Eastenders is one of the worst progs on TV.
0 Replies

FionaB

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 08:24 am
oldandknew

I do watch quite a bit of tv but NOT the soaps so can't comment. I do like the one off dramas normally and the off beat quirky series that occasionally grace our terrestrial channels, such as Clocking Off which has been first class if increasingly depressing. Currently enjoying William and Mary - nice bit of escapism! Feel in need of that at the moment.

FionaB
0 Replies