Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 02:12 pm
All I have heard about it is that its going to be in 7 years and The devil's son will act as Jesus and will have to prove it by knocking down the tower that they have already started building a month ago in Jerusalem. I've also heard that if you get the Hebrew Bible and then put it into a Maticosh ( or something) computer, and it takes every second letter out of every word and it has already planned the J.F.K assination and Saddam Hussain and all of the wars and the Rapture is the only thing that hasn't happened that they have in there. When that day comes all of whom who are saved will hear trumpets and then the clouds will roll up like a scroll and you will see Jesus and you will go up to Heaven, and the rest will be left behind I'm not sure if I believe that or not, just curious of whom to believe. That's just what I have heard...??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,530 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Questioner

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 02:23 pm
Sorry m8. That's all rubbish imo.

If you are a christian, and have read the bible it states:

2 Peter 3:10 - But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

A thief in the night doesn't announce his arrival before he makes it. IE: Anyone that says they've discovered when the rapture shall occur is either in error, or lying.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 02:26 pm
I think if you take the Hebrew bible and put it into a computer, you will break the computer which will not be able to find the second letter of anything.
0 Replies

helplessteen

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 02:31 pm
hey, I'm not saying I believe that. It's just what I've heard from this dude and he says that his pastor told him so at first it was like your not supposed to know... but yeah I've changed my perspective now. Yeah.. I agree with you.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 02:49 pm
helplessteen wrote:
hey, I'm not saying I believe that. It's just what I've heard from this dude and he says that his pastor told him so at first it was like your not supposed to know... but yeah I've changed my perspective now. Yeah.. I agree with you.

Pastors often say things to their parishoners to make them afraid. That is so that they can keep "control" of their flock. The way for a young person to become a mature adult is to question anything that is said to them that does not appear to be right.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 03:14 pm
Keep seeking the truth, helplessteen. Just remember that you don't have to believe what somebody tells you, without any evidence to back it up, just because that person is a preacher, a teacher, a movie star, a sports hero or the President of the United States. And don't believe everything you read on the Internet, either. But keep seeking, keep searching.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:08 pm
helplessteen,

If you really are seeking some knowledge of the rapture I can suggest a couple of things. First, this link might help.

http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture.html

Also, if you put The Rapture in just about any search engine, you will find plenty on it. I hope this helps.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 12:11 am
The best place to read about the rapture is to read the New Testament. It is mentioned in there numerous times, and reading all of it in context instead of in snippets is the only way to form an accurate understanding of what the writers were describing.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:29 am
helplessteen- There are many different opinions that abound with regard to religious subjects. The important thing is for you to develop an understanding of what is being said, on your own, and to come to YOUR decision as to whether you choose to believe it ir not. Keep questioning, and never accept anything as true, just because an adult said it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 07:37 am
This rapture talk always makes me very nervous.

A dear friend of my family belonged to a church that decided on a rapture date.

When that date came and "Bob" realized that he had been left behind he took a gun and shot himself in the head.

This is true.

I went to his funeral, held in his church, and it was all I could do not not scream out and plead for an explaination.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 08:09 am
If there is ever to be a rapture, and there is a God capable of pulling it off, He won't need any help from the likes of us.

It is our best option, as human beings (and, if we believe the Bible, children of God) to behave responsibly and honorably towards ourselves and each other, protecting and caring for our families, our communities, and the Earth, and planning for a future that includes generations yet unborn.

Obey traffic laws and you don't have to worry about speeding tickets. Live well and you don't have to worry about raptures.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 08:16 am
Remember fear and guilt are religions greatest weapons.
Hopefully, rapture only effects the evangelicals and their departure date is fast approaching. They certainly will not be missed.
Note to the messenger: Please do not miss Bush. You can find him in Washington, DC or Crawford Texas. Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 08:23 am
but mostly crawford texas Wink
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:33 am
au1929

I really don't like it when someone says things like "Remember fear and guilt are religions greatest weapons." Perhaps you feel that way, but my religion, faith, etc., is not based on fear nor guilt. God does not give us the spirit of fear or guilt. My religion, faith, teaches about the love of Christ and SHOWING that love to others by being as Christlike in my life as possible.

If you will notice, I did not tell helplessteen my own view on the rapture. I gave him/her a link that explains what it is to Christians and suggested he/she do some looking on their own to find out as much as they needed or wanted to know.

And bommerang (I think it was boomerang - I am in quick reply so ca't see it right now) NO ONE knows nor can predict the exact date and time the Rapture will happen. I am sorry for what happened to your friend. That is a terrible thing and I cannot imagine how much it must have effected so many.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:04 am
As usual, the bible provides the best answer to bible questions:

The word rapture does not appear in the bible. As for who will be taken from the earth and who will be left, Proverbs 2:21,22 gives this answer: "For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it."
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:23 am
Momma Angel wrote

Quote:
I really don't like it when someone says things like "Remember fear and guilt are religions greatest weapons."

Like it or not that is exactly what religion uses as it's weapons. Believe in me and be rewarded or suffer the consequences and be punished. With each religion having it's own set of rules.
What happens to those who choose the wrong religion. All that wasted motion.

My mother used to tell me the only religion one needs is to be a good person and do no harm.
You know do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Too bad organized religion does not follow that golden rule.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:43 am
Here we have a new member who describes him- or herself as a helpless teen, asks a series of question which display a serious dependence upon superstitious fear, and which also display monumental ignorance, and what kind of reaction do we get from the god squad. We get a load of crap to suggest that there is any scripture which mentions "the rapture" (it is not mentioned in the accepted canon, it is a creation of the perfervid fantasies of modern fundamentalists), and suggestions that he/she go to this or that site to be filled up with more superstitious nonsense.

You people are a buncha spiritual ghouls . . .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:58 am
The bible clearly states that no one shall know the day or the hour. So, guess what? I ain't gonna worry.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:05 am
Having read both old and new testaments on more than one occassion, cover to cover, i don't recall that there is any specific mention of "a rapture." This whole line of crap is pure speculative wool-gathering by self-deluded christians, and those who exploit their credulity . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:06 am
Setanta wrote:
Here we have a new member who describes him- or herself as a helpless teen, asks a series of question which display a serious dependence upon superstitious fear, and which also display monumental ignorance, and what kind of reaction do we get from the god squad. We get a load of crap to suggest that there is any scripture which mentions "the rapture" (it is not mentioned in the accepted canon, it is a creation of the perfervid fantasies of modern fundamentalists), and suggestions that he/she go to this or that site to be filled up with more superstitious nonsense.

You people are a buncha spiritual ghouls . . .
Yeah, what you said.

Except I don't think you should throw out the bible because of the preachers.
0 Replies