Help tp solve this riddle

Chai

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:54 am
Yes, yes! Exactly so.

It's what I've been trying to get at with all this "nothing" business.

Thanks dadpad.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 04:42 pm
I think we need to talk this over. If there is a genuine disagreement as to the answer, let's get it out in the open. This pussyfooting around might seem PC, but, c'mon, let's call a spade a spade. Isn't the answer, when all is said and done, "nothing"? Now, I realize this might seem like a rash rush to judgement, but think it over. Does anyone really have a better answer?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 05:12 am
My EA is sourcing a grant from the government of A2K for a feasibility study to form a committee to appoint a consultant to drill down this nothing/something conundrum. In the meantime i suggest calling for volunteers from within the community consultative body to guard against rash productivity based decision making. The alternative i venture to suggest is to do................."nothing".

Should anyone wish to touch base on this issue I am an open door.

cc
Merry Andrew
Chai Tea
lmur
the_millenium_king
fishy
all relevent Departmentals
Please provide hard copy to staff without acces to email
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:32 am
Ideas?

<clicking 'forward' to Craven>
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 10:30 am
Wait, I think I have an alternate answer:

Crack.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:12 pm
So, now we hve three alternative possibilities -- nothing, something or crack. I really think this matter is far too important to leave it to a kind of by-guess-and-by-gum majority vote. I quite agree with dadpad that this calls for (1) an immediate grant application; (2) further study; and (3) a scheduled series of meetings of all department heads so that some sort of consensus may be reached here. Time is of the essence, folks.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:45 pm
I realize this must be acted on quickly, but, I have to go potty.

When I come back, surely then we will be able to address this in a calmer manner.

This nothing business seems to be bringing out aspects of us I hoped we would not have to see again so soon after the whole "capybera affair".
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:46 pm
Having reviewed the foregoing (in conjunction with participating in Montana's "Puff puff pass.." thread), please allow me to make the following observations.

Assume the following is true: "it's better than nothing".
Ipso facto: "everything is better than it".

Now, "it" is not defined. However, "it" can clearly be adduced to be "something". Therefore, "everything", by definition, is better than "something".

Extrapolating from the above, and transferring all known variables into the original equation (.. greater than God etc), it appears to me that correct answer to the riddle may be:
"everything, but not something".

Please take the above into account before formalising the agenda for the next meeting.

P.S.
I'm a liitle hard of hearing, so i'd appreciate it if someone else could take the minutes. Thank you.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:12 pm
Your point is well taken, Imur. However, I would point to the alternate point of view, viz. "nothing could be better than this." The only problem that I can forsee here is that "this" has never been adequately defined (not on this thread, anyway." Now, taking your quote into consideration, are we postulating here that (1) "It" is better than "nothing" but (2) that "nothing" is still better than "this"? If so, perhaps we have been on the wrong track this whole time. Could it be that the answer is actually "it" and not "nothing"???

(I am much alarmed by this thought.)
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:44 pm
Does this mean that I'm the head of the crack department?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:46 pm
Sure. We'll give you a crack at it, smog.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:50 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

This nothing business seems to be bringing out aspects of us I hoped we would not have to see again so soon after the whole "capybera affair".

What is this capybera affair of which you speak? I am intrigued.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:52 pm
Well, as the representative of the crack department, I want to start by agreeing with the postulation that "it" is the answer rather than "nothing". But It, by It's very nature, needs an object; It needs to represent something to have It's identity. So what could It be, what could It represent? I have often, walking down the street, heard people crying and screaming: "I neeeeddd It!! Help me get It!" These people, of course, were talking about crack. I have never seen anyone want anything as much as those people wanted their crack. Using the testimonials of these people on the street, therefore, I can only conclude that It is indeed crack.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:57 pm
Giving this subject further thought, it appears that we may have overlooked one key clue in the original presentation of the riddle. Look at the title. It's very subtle. "Help tp solve this riddle"--who or what is "tp", why does tp need help solving this riddle, what are tp's motivations for getting our help, and what will happen if we do indeed help tp solve this riddle? Is this a trick? Are we being set up? Is this leading to the end of the world? Or, God forbid, does tp already know the answer? Is he just testing us? Is tp greater than God? Is tp more evil that the Devil? Etc.?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:04 pm
I suspect that tp is just stringing us along, smog. I further suspect that tp may be It. Now, as far as I know, nothing threatens it. So, perhaps the answer is "nothing" after all. tp feels threatened by Nothing.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:08 am
Agenda items

item 1.

item 2. Something

item 3. Crack
sub groups......... a. ass; b. paving; c. smoking of; further subgroups as required

item 4. It

item 5. Overseas study grants

item 6. Group Reolutions and Recomendations
0 Replies

mzbhavin777

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:35 am
The answer to the riddle is nothing!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:33 pm
Nahh. Too simple.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:58 am
Yeah, that's just what they want you to believe the answer is.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:47 pm
Ya think we've uncovered a conspiracy, Chai?
0 Replies