Is this something we should do? How?

Questioner

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 12:58 pm
It'll be Hilary Clinton.

Watch for a fundamental shift in foreign policy once she manages to sleeze her way into office.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:00 pm
Questioner,

Good morning my friend! How are you feeling?

Oh, I pray you are so wrong. Hilary Clinton in office ~ I shudder to think.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:00 pm
The "mark of the beast"? What is the mark of the beast?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:05 pm
littlek,

During the Tribulation, if you do not accept the mark of the beast (theologians say this may be a a computer chip that will be implanted either in your forehead or the back of your hand) you will not be able to buy or sell anything.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:05 pm
Feeling much better, thank you MA.

I find the disection of Revelations to be extremely interesting. I also made mention of a semi-new theological direction that the study of this book is taking, in another thread. HERE
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:09 pm
neologist wrote:
How does it 'commit fornication with the kings of the earth'?

Fornication looks like a metaphor for union. So by the union of nations (kings) of the earth.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:10 pm
Questioner,

Interesting links! Thanx. Can you imagine living in the times of the Bible, not knowing of today's world, and you are given the vision of seeing the world at the end times? How would one even begin to describe it? I believe it was described the only way they knew how. They did not have the words or knowledge of cars, for instance. How would they describe that? How would they describe an airplane? So, plagues to them perhaps are rampant illnesses in today's world. They only knew of God and not of the progression (or lack of it :wink: ) of man.

Angelique East,

I am with you on that one! Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 03:45 pm
With djjd-

Obviously.The Rev Ian Paisley agrees.

But the myth goes back to Babylon and beyond but with only faint evidence.It's a great story.It's the only story.

But those words eh?Show me the scientist who can write like that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 09:09 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Neo,

I'm not so sure when it says "Get out of her, my people..." that can't also be taken as do not engage in her practices. After the rapture and during the seven year tribulation, travel from country to country would IMO be rather limited, so physically getting out of any country might not be easily accomplished.
So it cannot be any one country.

BTW, The word rapture does not appear in the bible. As for who will be torn away from the earth and who will be left on it, Proverbs 2:21,22 gives this insight: "For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it."

Also, I don't recall a time limit set for the tribulation.
littlek wrote:
Neo - 'all people of earth'? I guess everyone has to go to one level of gov't to be married. Is it preaching anarchy?
Sorry about the phrase "all the people of the earth". It is not always a requirement; and surely some marry outside this organization. But marriage is considered sacred by nearly all its adherents, regardless of what else they may believe.

Review:

Babylon the Great is a wealthy and powerful organization in consort with all nations of the earth.

It has tremendous blood guilt, while at the same time being in some way a sponsor of marriage.

Its name, Babylon the Great is coincident with the fact that nearly every God dishonoring religious practice originated in the pagan worship of ancient Babylon.

If you wish to escape Babylon the Great, you must recognize those practices and shun those organizations which espouse them.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 10:17 pm
The whore is any church other than Jehovah's Witnesses.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 09:34 am
InfraBlue wrote:
The whore is any church other than Jehovah's Witnesses.
Why would that be true? Explain.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 10:36 pm
It would be true only if you believe it to be true.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:22 am
I have often admitted in the past that I get much of my info from JW's. I have also pointed out that I am hardly qualified to speak on their behalf.

As far as the whore having a worldwide religious identification, I believe that is evident from the passages. I don't think one can escape merely by joining with Jehovah's Witnesses.

The fact that other groups, ie, merchants, are around to lament her fall indicates that not all who escape are Jehovah's witnesses.

So your assertion is only partly true. IMHO
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:26 am
Hey, Neo . . . sorry to track mud in yer god thread, but i won't hang around . . . but i just wanted you to check this out . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:47 am
A very busy thread indeed. And so much fun. I do hope Hanna hangs around.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:43 am
Bump
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 11:54 pm
i admit that i spend almost no time on revelations. i feel that if i'm going to figure it out i'm going to need a lot more background in religion in general, but i'm confident that understanding other religions will enable me to grasp revelations.

i wish flushd was still here, i'm an enormous fan of daniel quinn's work and i've read most of it. i also wonder why no one has mentioned the united nations yet. i don't think the u.n. is the whore of babylon, i'm not sure what the whore of babylon is, but i'm sure that the story feeds any paranoia people would have about world government. i'm of mixed opinion about it. i like the u.n. actually, but the idea of world government bothers me quite a lot.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:04 am
The UN figures in the book of Revelation as the principal force in the destruction of Babylon the Great (Revelation 17:16)

Can you see the relationship between the description of the whore and the worlds religions in general?
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:48 am
no neo, i don't think in terms of "world religions" or "worldly" vs. "true" religions, i conceptualize the "one true religion" this way:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2718/1trueiu0.png

viewtopic.php?t=56936&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2160 wrote:

http://www.wcg.org/lit/bible/Rev/revelation.htm wrote:
Revelation's symbols are often what are called "tensive" symbols. They are open-ended to some degree in that they can represent several conceptions or ideas. For example, if the first beast of Revelation 13 can be identified with the city of Rome in John's day, this does not exhaust its meaning. The tensive symbol "beast" may also represent the Roman Empire, or refer to a specific individual such as the emperor Nero or Domitian. "Beast" may also stand for all human empires that oppress Christians.

remember this conversation we had a while back? it was great fun, and look at the example i used! (that part i'd forgotten...)

i wrote:
well for instance, when you interpret "whore of babylon" as the catholic church, and mormons interpret it as all non-mormon churches, and others consider him/her to be the antichrist, and others interpret it to be israel/judea, specifically the nation of people who rejected jesus as the savior.

i would say that this isn't the best example i could possibly think of, but it's the first one that comes to mind. ordinarily when people talk about midrash, they're referring to the old testament.

but midrash isn't possible if you think there is only one true meaning. the difference between your stand and my stand is that you think "one true meaning" confirms your point of view, where i think your point of view necessitates, depends on midrash being legitimate- without midrash, your point of view simply would not exist in the first place.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 06:37 am
It is interesting to see how the writers of the wcg.org article have danced around the idea of religion without focusing on it. That the whore is a world wide organization is evident from the fact that all the kings and merchants of the world mourn its passing. Whenever the politicians of the world require fodder for their cannons they turn to the priests to provide the sacrifice. Any religious group claiming to be neutral will be anathema to both sides.
0 Replies