Do all of you out there believe in life after death?

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:01 am
Do all of you all believe in life after death?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,153 • Replies: 64
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 05:53 am
No.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:35 am
No
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:35 am
No.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:42 am
Yes
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:43 am
Yes - why
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:49 am
No. What would be the point of having a life after a life?
Overs? Re-dos? Do overs?

Isn't this life, a fabulous experience, enough for you?

If not, then you just are not getting it.

Joe(this it it. get with it.)Nation
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 06:56 am
Yes
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:41 am
Yes. And I believe in past lives too. I am one of those "confused" christians. I believe mixed things. Most christians think you die and go to heaven and that's it. I think you die and are reborn several times in order to complete your soul. Probably doesn't make sense the way I am explaining it but I don't have time right now to get in depth.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:42 am
Nah. One time around is quite enough, thank you! :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:20 am
dunno, and I'm fine with not knowing.

Bella, maybe you could call yourself a Hindu-Christian!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:11 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
No. What would be the point of having a life after a life?
Overs? Re-dos? Do overs?

Isn't this life, a fabulous experience, enough for you?

If not, then you just are not getting it.

Joe(this it it. get with it.)Nation

There is no reason why one can't do both - believe that this life is not all there is, and still try to live this life to the fullest. I'm okay with it if you don't think there's anything else, but there's no reason to think that anyone else needs to "get with" your opinion.

It's always astounding to me how some folks can't conceive of the possibility of any purpose or reason that is higher than their understanding. Arrogance doesn't even begin to cover it.
0 Replies

Redeemed

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:38 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:35 pm
Not supported by the bible:
Solomon wrote:
For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun. (Ecclesiates 9: 5,6)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:43 pm
No.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 10:40 pm
Re: Do all of you out there believe in life after death?
knowitall2005 wrote:
Do all of you all believe in life after death?

No.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 10:43 pm
Not in a heavenly sense. But, I believe in recycling.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 10:50 pm
i believe that many people will live on after i'm dead
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 03:30 am
Quote:
There is no reason why one can't do both - believe that this life is not all there is, and still try to live this life to the fullest.

Have it your way or have it both ways. I'm sure that thinking like that would be easier if we had two brains, one for the real and one for the imaginary life. There would be less confusion as to what is real. As it is, we have one brain and it makes it difficult for some to differentiate between the real and imaginary. Imaginary things at times seem so real, or are desired to be so real, that some believe they are real. It's especially true for those who try to hedge their bets on life, to give themselves a little edge, a little God's protection.

In the end, it's about fearing to face the reality of this life.

In the end, it's about fearing death.

[The human daydreams]This is it, but oh wouldn't it be nice if I fulfilled the (fill in the various and complicated and conflicting precepts of your particular sect or cult.) and received the gift of eternal life? Well, hell yes, it would.

And wouldn't it be great if we could (fill in the various methods of sacrifice, entreaty, prayer, worship and general rite performance) and get God to provide us some cover from this life? [Are you paying attention Citizens of Dover?] Oh my yes.

And doesn't it feel better not to have to worry your pretty little head about reality when you can bump along in this dream of the imaginary?
OOOOh yes. {hands over some money}

Now there will be some challenges. (amen) Sometimes the Lord will work in mysterious ways. (o yes.) Sometimes {fill in the various horrific things that happen to humans} but we mustn't lose our faith. (oh no.)[music rises, buildings sway, mists of voices heard from just beyond.....)

The myth continues.

==
OR we can face the reality of this life and live free of the fear of death.
==

Only one of us believes that a supernatural deity speaks directly to him.
To a third observer, which one of us would appear to have an arrogant opinion?

Joe(It ain't me, babe, no no no, it ain't me)Nation
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 06:51 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:
There is no reason why one can't do both - believe that this life is not all there is, and still try to live this life to the fullest.

Have it your way or have it both ways. I'm sure that thinking like that would be easier if we had two brains, one for the real and one for the imaginary life. There would be less confusion as to what is real. As it is, we have one brain and it makes it difficult for some to differentiate between the real and imaginary. Imaginary things at times seem so real, or are desired to be so real, that some believe they are real. It's especially true for those who try to hedge their bets on life, to give themselves a little edge, a little God's protection.

In the end, it's about fearing to face the reality of this life.

In the end, it's about fearing death.

[The human daydreams]This is it, but oh wouldn't it be nice if I fulfilled the (fill in the various and complicated and conflicting precepts of your particular sect or cult.) and received the gift of eternal life? Well, hell yes, it would.

And wouldn't it be great if we could (fill in the various methods of sacrifice, entreaty, prayer, worship and general rite performance) and get God to provide us some cover from this life? [Are you paying attention Citizens of Dover?] Oh my yes.

And doesn't it feel better not to have to worry your pretty little head about reality when you can bump along in this dream of the imaginary?
OOOOh yes. {hands over some money}

Now there will be some challenges. (amen) Sometimes the Lord will work in mysterious ways. (o yes.) Sometimes {fill in the various horrific things that happen to humans} but we mustn't lose our faith. (oh no.)[music rises, buildings sway, mists of voices heard from just beyond.....)

The myth continues.

==
OR we can face the reality of this life and live free of the fear of death.
==

Only one of us believes that a supernatural deity speaks directly to him.
To a third observer, which one of us would appear to have an arrogant opinion?

Joe(It ain't me, babe, no no no, it ain't me)Nation

The snideness of your dismissals of thinking people with faith would be hard to take, except for the fact that there are a whole lot of very smart people with faith in God. And yes, although I have never claimed God talks to me, I still think it is more arrogant for a sentient being to pooh-pooh the existance of a supreme sentient being than it is for a person to believe that one exists.

The arrogance is yours.

Sn (thinks quoting the lyrics of Sonny Bono is quaint, but referring to oneself in third person, parenthetical witticisms is quainter still) ood
0 Replies