Travel posters anyone?

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 05:11 pm
This is a strange sort of question because it is a request for something specific.

I am making a quilt commemorating a trip made through Brittany which began on the Brittany/Normandy border with a night at Mount Ste. Michel.

A block featuring the tidal island is to be the center piece of the quilt.

I would like to find a travel poster featuring the island. I saw such a poster several years ago and have been trying to track another one down without success.

Any ideas for sources?

I have tried enlarging a photo from a book but that met with limited success.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,077 • Replies: 4
No top replies

bree

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 06:47 pm
What a great idea for a quilt!

Here are a couple of sites I found by going to Google and doing a search for "travel posters mont st michel":

http://www.atraveler.com/pmontstmichelle.htm

http://www.travel-posters.com/c10114.htm

That search found literally hundreds of hits, so I've only listed a couple that looked especially promising. You might also take a look at eBay to see what's available there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:24 pm
pom, When I saw "travel" in your title, I just had to drop by to see for myself. Never been to Mont Ste Michel, but have seen pictures of it. I think making it the center piece of anything will be very special. c.i.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 08:04 am
bree,
You found exactly what I am looking for and more! I tried putting in Mont Ste. Michel and travel posters separately...just look what putting them together did!!

I particularly liked the atraveler.com site.

The quilt is for my daughter who was an au pair in suburban Paris when she and traveled together. Already have all the fabrics -- with colors based on steel blue, coral rose and taupe. The quilt itself is a sampler and some of the blocks are made. I have a small toile in both the blue and the coral rose colorways and some French-feeling Victorian prints.

While I like the true to life poster best, I will also order some of the fantasy, art nouveau posters ... just for inspiration.

Thanks again!!!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 08:06 am
cicerone imposter,

Mont Ste. Michel is an incredible place. My daughter and I were there in April so the prices were off season and there weren't hoardes of Americans everywhere.

It would be a great place to get married!! Romantic and Medieval and full of fantasy all at the same time.
0 Replies