11

Is college any better than high school?

oberlinkid

1  
Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 12:30 am
@ralpheb,
`It's great that you went to the military and all, but like you said you went to college when you were 30 so you weren't really in a position to have much of a social life with kids that were as much as 12 years younger than you were. College is obviously about education, but it's also about more than that. It's a place where you can form friendships with people that are going through the same thing you are (being away from home) and it's a place where you can make your own decisions and move on from being a "kid." Sure getting an education is great, but if you don't take advantage of the fact that you're living wall to wall with kids your age (especially in freshman dorms where everyone is new at first) and interact socially, then you're not truly experiencing a big part of what college is all about.
Also, where did you go to college ralpheb? I go to Oberlin (22nd ranked LAC, 3rd in undergraduate teaching among LACs ) currently, and while I'm politically conservative and not a hippie (though I do smoke weed and I drink) I've found plenty of fellow "normal" friends being around people that share common interests and goals and that is part of what makes college, at least in my opinion, so much better than high school.

Amigo

0  
Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:09 am
College is high school with ashtrays.

Jerry 93

1  
Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 02:57 pm
guys i am a freshman in college im going to community college its cool its and yes college is way better then high school I have fun going to college not like when i was in high school i didnt want to go but im glad im done with high school and going to college and yes i am transfering to a University so i can leave home i see whats it like liveing on my own.

Agent1741

1  
Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 06:24 pm
I enjoyed it a lot more not wearing a uniform etc, but we were treated as adults not spotty little kids! It was tiresome to get there but yes it was great especially after being at the same school for years!