Wanted: Ted or Alive

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 01:01 pm
What do you all think of Ted Nugent? He kind of wigs me out but he's got a new show on...check it out:
http://www.olntv.com/nw/article/view/1346/?UserDef=true&catID=78
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,894 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 01:47 pm
Check out a show that isn't broadcast yet?
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:37 am
Well I think it starts this Saturday... I just thought the article provided more info... Didn't he have a similar show on VH1?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 04:58 pm
Quote:
Well I think it starts this Saturday... I just thought the article provided more info... Didn't he have a similar show on VH1?

So the point of your post is that you need more information from a site you have posted here?

The world is full of individuals, some of whom are more cogent than others.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 01:56 pm
I get the feeling Noddy doesn't like the Nuge, but I do.

VH1 dropped his series "Surviving Nugent" because the management was anti-hunting. They didn't like the fact that harvesting meat for consumption was part of the show. Retards.

OLN was/is more than happy to take on the project and give Nuge even more freedom of what can be in the show.

Nuge is the biggest, most outspoken and in your face supporter of the second amendment and hunting in the U.S. No one spends more of his time and own money to support your 2nd ammendment rights. Period.

Love him or hate him you gotta give him respect.

http://www.lanthorn.com/images/38/14/Ted%20Nugent-1%200687.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:02 pm
actually, no you don't.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:08 pm
Typical... but funny, especially when Dys and Ted look so much alike.

http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/n/Nugent_Ted/sq-happy_hat_lake_btm-vh1.jpg
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:02 pm
I found it pretty entertaining. I don't subscribe to his beliefs, but he definitely knows how to keep people guessing. Glad someone else is watching with me...I think it moves to 10 this Sat!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:10 pm
i haven't had much use for my TV Guide lately.
thanx KetchupLady Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:12 pm
I have a personal connection to Nuge, though we have never met. I did see him in concert back in August and was about 10 feet from the stage. Very cool, very loud, very entertaining.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:08 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I have a personal connection to Nuge ...

Me too, sorta; Ted & timber flashback
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:50 am
Wow! How did you get to go hunting with Nugent? Was he as crazy as he seems on TV? You must have felt like one of the people on the show...haha.

Though I could also see him as the guy who's like totally normal when the cameras are off, but as soon as they switch on, he's a maniac...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:20 am
It was many years ago. An outfit I was working for did some work for an outfit doing some work on a recording studio owned by Ted's label. Bumped into him, got to talking, we both were gonna be in Michigan in a few weeks, coinciding with turkey season there, the rest more or less just happened. We didn't get any birds; it rained, we mostly just talked about hunting and stuff. There was talk of getting together some time for another hunt outing, mebbe deer or bear, but nothing ever came of that.

He was tall and sorta skinny, had pretty long hair at the time, and kinda ragged on me a little 'cause I was a smoker. He's still tall, I'm still a smoker, he has lots more hair than I do now - though I have more beard than he does.

Ted didn't seem to be any crazier than me - 'course, I s'pose thats a wholly subjective, purely relative assessment Mr. Green

Also present was Marv Aday, then a member of Ted's band (brought in to replace Derek St. Holmes at guitars and vocals). Most folks know Aday as Meatloaf. He too seemed pretty human, and even then he was a real big boy. He wasn't much of a celebrity in his own right at the time.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 08:54 am
Now THAT is a crazy story...You went hunting with Meatloaf and Ted?~! That is wacky and cool. Glad he seems pretty normal, sometimes on TV he gives me the willies, but I'll keep watching his show because it's fun to see how different people live. Perhaps you two can hook up again and have that long overdue deer or bear hunting. I hear he lives right by the President in Crawford.
0 Replies

sndz4df

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:59 pm
Ted rocks
He maybe a little harsh sometimes but the fact is alot of people are blind
to the reality of where your beef and such comes from and his show really
is honest and I respect that with the utmost.Back in the day,you would starve or you family would if you didn't hunt or fish and clean your own game(dinner).I love the show ,Ted really gets to the point it may be just
a reality show to some but it hits home to people who count on the big hunt like deer season and turkey and other great hunts.(YOU MUST EAT
AND SURVIVE)!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 08:40 pm
Ted rocks! Smile

Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow.
0 Replies