HAVE YOU OBSERVED HATE OR EVIL BEHAVIOR?

John Creasy

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:28 pm
we sure do. So do you suppose that hatred is a result of weakness?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:48 pm
I saw evil in my father. It took many forms and my hatred for him fed on me like a cancer for years. He died when I was a senior in high school and I was devastated that his power over me still existed. Even though he was dead, he wouldn't die in my mind.

Hatred almost destroyed me. It is like a cancer, it's also addictive, inducing a pathetic feeling of power, simply because the feeling itself is so powerful. I even had fantasies of killing him after he died.

It took decades and therapy to begin to think of him as a flawed, evil human being, not the monster I saw as a child. As the hatred ebbed, my self-esteem began to emerge; I was happier and stronger than I'd ever been.

Evil and hatred--two entities that prevent complete humanity. I also think revenge should be added as one of the evils of society.

Mapleleaf, what has your experience been?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 08:26 am
Sorry, Mapleleaf, I seem to have brought your thread to a grinding halt. I hope more people respond--the causes and effects of evil are a major part of everyday society. It really hasn't been explored enough, as far as I'm concerned.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 08:34 am
Gorsh, Diane, I thought you were on the road. <smile>

Well, if lack of love can be considered evil, I suppose that might be true, but mostly, I didn't recognize evil as a child, and as I grew up, I realized that one of my childhood friends was possibly abused by her father, and THAT is evil.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 08:39 am
Letty, if lack of love is because parents are not loving to their children, I think that can be evil, except that some just don't know how to show their love, which is just terribly sad.

Parents who abuse their children are certainly evil. It is something that cripples and demeans their children. Sometime I"ll tell you some of the stories of when Dys was in child protection services.

We will be on the road in then minutes, in fact, I'm about to shut down my computer now. See you at the end of the week, sweet Letty.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 08:48 am
Well, honey, you have a good trip, and when I say lack of love, I mean lack of attention, I think. Hugs.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 08:59 am
I have seen people who radiated evil... squinney and I knew a woman, and she might disagree with me... who was and is as far as I know one of the most hateful women I've ever met.... and she infects those around her like a virus... my oldest daughter once met her for three minutes, knew nothing about her and told me she sucked the air out of a room. She's an illness in human form.

I don't want to politicize this but that's exactly how I view and react to george bush and why I find him so abhorrent.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 09:12 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I don't want to politicize this but that's exactly how I view and react to george bush and why I find him so abhorrent.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 09:27 am
John Creasy wrote:

it is what it is buddy. If you don't like it that's a YP. :wink:
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 11:35 am
John Creasy wrote:

it is what it is buddy. If you don't like it that's a YP. :wink:

George Bush is too dumb to be evil. Besides, he's not the one making the decisions anyway. He's just a figurehead.
0 Replies