Law and Order...

Sturgis

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 05:07 pm
lezzles wrote:
My only problem with CI was that I always saw Vincent D'Onofrio as the "alien-ated" red neck in Men in Black, the head jerks, finger curls - all there!

I first caught sight of D'Onofrio in Full Metal Jacket where he played a Private who was driven to insanity...the movie is more than just that; but, I do not want to give away the entire story line. At that early point in his career I was captivated by his acting ability and he has not disappointed me since.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:28 pm
Happy to be converted, I checked his bio on Imdb to see what other films I had seen D'Onofrio in. I have seen some, but the only one in which I can actually recall him is Case of Evil in which he played Moriarity.

Sorry, Sturgis, to me he came across the same as he did in CI. I think what annoys me about him is that it seems to be an unnecessary affectation, and really has nothing to do with whether or not he is a good actor.

However, I will get hold of "Full Metal Jacket" and see if that changes my mind.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 04:20 pm
Vincent D also played Stuart's brother in the little-seen Al Franken gem, "Stuart Saves His Family". It's a different role from the twitchy guy he plays on TV now--he comes across as a bit of a drunken thug (but with a good heart).
0 Replies