0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:11 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Good luck, Oz.

I'm rooting for ya!

My mate Ellpus everyone!!

[leads the Lord aside for a moment, speaking quietly]

Errrrr, it's a sort of little known fact outside of Orstraylia that well... 'rooting' is well, a euphamism for the sort of activity that is more sort of.. confined to the mattress. If you know what I mean!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:22 am
That's exactly what I mean!

The three best things in life, first thing in the morning as it is here at the moment, is a drink before and a havana after.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:39 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
That's exactly what I mean!

The three best things in life, first thing in the morning as it is here at the moment, is a drink before and a havana after.

We absolutely piss ourselves larfing when some Yank promises to 'root' for us!! Then again, you do tend to find a lot of the same laughing themselves sick outside 'Hooker House' in George St, Sydney....
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:31 am
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 06:21 am
We dun it. Thank you guus, thank you harry.
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 06:48 am
What a mieracle to pull off. Thanks to SchwarZER for his big body and his big save!! How good was that second save he made?? TOO GOOD

Thanks to Jonny's blessings from heaven too.. I know hes been smiling down on us tonight all along Smile
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 10:15 am
Congrats, Aussies.

No miracle. It had always been a one goal difference elimination against Argentina and Uruguay. A difference small enough to overcome.

Welcome back to the World Cup!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:19 pm
Er, so we won this game?

NOW what do we have to do?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:22 pm
The best you have to do is to win the next...
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:09 pm
Now we win the world cup
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:54 pm
Looks like it Laughing
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:33 pm
Actually if we score a goal and win a single game it will be an improvement on last time...

For the record:
1974 WC round 1 Group A

East Germany 2 - 0 Australia
Australia 0 - 3 West Germany
Australia 0 - 0 Chile

Team Pts Pld W D L GF GA
East Germany 5 3 2 1 0 4 1
West Germany 4 3 2 0 1 4 1
Chile 2 3 0 2 1 1 2
Australia 1 3 0 1 2 0 5
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:35 pm
Please join me, one and all, in commiserating with the plucky Uruguayans who narrowly failed to qualify for germany 2006.

Their presence will be sorely missed; the colour, the razzmatazz. The world cup simply cannot be the same without the latter day successors to the all-conquering heroes of 1930 and 1950.

And no, i'm not piqued cos ye ozzies qualified and us paddies didnt....
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:38 pm
PS - How did Lucas Neill get man of the match?

I thought Harry was brilliant. Schwarzer started nervously but came good - that penalty save on the first kick took all the pressure off. Then Viduka choked - but Aloisi was as calm as you like... until after the ball went in and he went nuts. I think it really, really meant something to them.

Hopefully Guus will get lots of chances mould their team play before the WC.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:43 pm
lmur wrote:
Please join me, one and all, in commiserating with the plucky Uruguayans who narrowly failed to qualify for germany 2006.

Gustavo Varela and Dario Rodriguez play here already (nearly/mostly) every weekend :wink:
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 05:14 pm
There is no doubt that luck played a huge part in Oz's victory. I thought the Uruguayan passing game made us look amateurish. I felt so bad for them after the game, the look on the player's face who Aloisi swapped shirts with said it all.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 05:14 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Gustavo Varela and Dario Rodriguez play here already (nearly/mostly) every weekend :wink:

Please don't tell 'em what I wrote!
(For a moment, I thought you meant that they were active on A2K forum's).

Anyway, it's great to see the Aussies back on the big stage. They have great supporters with never a hint of trouble (slight dig at the auld enemy there).

Incidentally, they will have a chance to end their 7-game rugger losing streak on Saturday against the paddies. Just a chance, mind you...
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 07:32 pm
hingehead wrote:
PS - How did Lucas Neill get man of the match?

I thought Harry was brilliant. Schwarzer started nervously but came good - that penalty save on the first kick took all the pressure off. Then Viduka choked - but Aloisi was as calm as you like... until after the ball went in and he went nuts. I think it really, really meant something to them.

Hopefully Guus will get lots of chances mould their team play before the WC.

I reckon Alioisi looks uncoordinated LOL
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 08:07 pm
and now..............

Even I watched the game last night - and I know bugger-all about football - or that brand anyway!

Wobblies to play the Paddies this weekend? Better get their act together ! It's about time!
0 Replies