Who is Responsible for this Cat's Death and What Do I Do?

Noddy24

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 04:05 pm
I bet if she were truthful she'd say, "I cared more about my nice clean house and the boarding fee from the vet than I did about your stinky old cat."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 04:13 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I bet if she were truthful she'd say, "I cared more about my nice clean house and the boarding fee from the vet than I did about your stinky old cat."

And with that, I'd probably deck her! Well, not really, but I sure would like to. But, at least I would feel I got the real truth out of her.

If it wasn't for the compassion and understanding of the vet himself, I would probably not have dealt with this very well at all.

All of the support and encouragement I have received from all of you is such a blessing to me. I cannot thank any of you enough for helping me to stay rational and objective in handling this. You gave me suggestions that I put to use and they were excellent!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 04:47 pm
I finally found the picture I wanted to show you of Crier. This is him the day (about three years ago) that I was finally able to take him from this dumpster site. A very kind gentleman had built this ledge for the cats that were there. They were able to eat their food away from any other animals. It took over a year (if I remember correctly) to get Crier to finally let me take him out of there. He had three happy years with me and the other cats. He will always be remembered with lots of love. I hope you enjoy his picture. You can see how sweet he was just by his face!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/9104/crier3mt.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 05:07 pm
Oooooh, look!!! He's waving at us!

Smile

LETTER TO CRIER

Hello there, Crier! Momma Angel's told us all about you. You are just as cute as she said you were. I hope you're enjoying the place where you are now. I hope there's lots of cool things to sniff and mousies to chase and bugs to crunch, and you get to take naps in the sunshine every day.

Be sure to keep an eye out for Buster and Rosie when it's their turn to come one of these days. I figure you'll know the ropes by then, and they'll need a guide. Rosie's a very soft, longhaired grey tabby with white feet. You'll know her by her stubby tail and emerald green eyes. Buster...well, he'll be following her, no doubt. He'll probably be scared to death to be in a new place. Give him a break...he's always been kinda weird. God knows he'll need a friend, and you look like a friendly sort.

We're awfully sorry about the way that terrible woman treated you before you died, but we're so glad you had Momma Angel there to make it better. She loves you and misses you, you know. I'm sure you'd give her nose a lick if you could, wouldn't you. I thought so. That's a good boy.

You were a Good Cat, Crier, and there's nothing finer than that. Be happy now, and go play!

(signed)
Rosie & Buster's Mom
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 05:15 pm
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/huggles.gifEva,

That is the kindest, most thoughtful thing! I cannot tell you how much that touched my heart. I have been crying for a couple of days now because I was in pain from losing Crier. Now, I am crying tears of joy thanks to you. I know Crier is safe and happy and I know that when Rosie and Buster get ready, Crier will help them! He always welcomed the new cats into the shelter! It was like he was telling them his story. I called him Crier because he was the cats' town crier around here. If they needed Momma, Crier would let out his cry and I'd come running!

So Rosie and Buster, you look for Crier. He loves to make new friends!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 05:42 pm
What a beautiful cat MA!!......

A short message to Crier....

Crier matey, if you bang into my young pal 'Guinness' hes a black Tom roughly about 14mths old, dont let him con you to the pub mate he likes his wee tipple or two...hence his name
And keep your distance from 'Mad Max' shes young & very pretty, but looks are decieving, shes a bit loopy :wink: ...

happy journeys wee one!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 08:46 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
He always welcomed the new cats into the shelter! It was like he was telling them his story.

Now, I wonder how I knew that? Shocked
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 11:11 pm
You should have seen him. He would come up to the new cat like he was introducing himself. He would walk around with them for awhile like he was giving them a guided tour. I am going to miss that sound of his.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:16 am
I know that physical bodies wear out, but I believe the life force continues.

I'm sure you will miss Crier, but I believe that wherever he is, he is still giving guided tours.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:20 am
I am going to take all these beautiful sentiments conveyed to Crier and laminate them and hang them on the cross at his final resting place. He knows how much I loved him. I want him to know about all the kindness shown from each and every one of you. I know that will make him very happy.

I can see him giving those tours! I can even hear him! What a wonderful picture that is for me to have!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:07 pm
Good!

You deserve to remember him in a way that honors him and brings you joy.

What I wrote was from the heart, because his story touched my heart. I am happy that it meant something to you and gives you comfort. You deserve that. I am so impressed with what you're doing for these animals, Momma Angel. The world needs more people like you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:28 pm
Eva,

I always tell people it's what God gave me to do. He has always made sure that the cats have enough food and whatever they need.

I know that came from your heart! That is why it touched me so much. You don't even know me and you didn't know Crier but you took out the time to write him a letter. I can't tell you what that means to me.

I have a cat here at the shelter that one of our troops emailed all the time from Iraq. I think it gave that soldier something to make him smile. I would send him emails from Buster Moo (the cat) and he would answer! I sent one from Buster Moo saying, "Buster (the soldier), can you tell me what momma meant? She said she was going to get me fixed but I'm not broken!" Buster (the soldier, wrote back, "Hmmm. That's a bad thing!" LMBO!

That soldier came back home two months ago and he couldn't wait to meet his little soldier kitty!

Pets bring so much joy to our lives. Such unconditional love!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:11 pm
Aw, Eva. That was great.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:19 pm
Y'all have got to check this out! A friend of mine sent this to me. It is the cutest thing.

YOU HAVE GOT TO PET THIS CAT!!!!

Cool Black Cat with Green Eyes Go to this site (link below) to see something awesome! I have no clue how they got this to work. There are some great code writers out there! If you tease her with the mouse pointer on her chest or stomach she will purr, I got her to meow also, by rubbing her forehead with the pointer. If you make a slow circle around her body, (counter-clockwise) not only will her head/eyes follow your pointer, but toward the top, her paw will go up, and ! when in front of her paws at the bottom, her foot comes out like she wants to play with your mouse pointer. (Don't hold the mouse down, just move it) Enjoy!

Click here: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:34 pm
that's so cute! I love how you can even see her sides move with her breathing. Awwww. Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:39 pm
I love that thing! I have a little black and white bobtail named Billie Bob that likes to sit right in front of my monitor. He went crazy trying to get to that cat. I was laughing so hard I couldn't get a picture.

We need to start a thread for cat sayings. This is my favorite one:

Dogs think they are human; cats know they (cats) are Gods.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:12 am
Momma, You have to do what you don't want to do. You have to go the vet and make sure the vet understands that you wittnessed an abuse of an animal and want the person responsible to be repromanded. The animal can not speak or defend itself. The only thing it can do is hope a person with guts that cares comes along to stop it.

Do the right thing Momma. You will be blessed in the process. If you don't it will happen again. Thats how abuse works. That will haunt you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:16 am
Amigo wrote:
Momma, You have to do what you don't want to do. You have to go the vet and make sure the vet understands that you wittnessed an abuse of an animal and want the person responsible to be repromanded. The animal can not speak or defend itself. The only thing it can do is hope a person with guts that cares comes along to stop it.

Do the right thing Momma. You will be blessed in the process. If you don't it will happen again. Thats how abuse works. That will haunt you.

Amigo,

I spoke with my vet. He was very understanding and he was also very upset that this happened. He let that woman go. She no longer works for him. Thank God he does not abide abuse of an animal in any shape, way or form! Thanx so much for your encouragement. It means a great deal to me.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:31 am
I guess thats good she got fired. But she'll get a job somewhere else. You did what you could do short of making it a huge ordeal.

I think good people need to assert themselves more. Instead of good and passive we should be good and mean. When somthing like this happens we should confront the person outright then and there. Good people don't like confrontation though.

Could you imagine. A bunch of badass good people instead of badass bad people.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:45 am
LOL. Well, I sincerely doubt she will ever work for a vet again. I know she won't get a good reference from this one.
0 Replies