natural selection

bongstar420

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:11 pm
Do you guys think that are following the same rules as the natural world? I think not, because that very thing "thinking" is what is leading us down that path. In stead of us getting big and strong through natural selection, we are getting small(hieght wise) smart, and bald, among others.
0 Replies

Neoquixote

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:00 am
patiodog, yout got the point, i agree with you
patiodog wrote:
Arrow It's not that the fittest are selected for, but that the least fit are selected against -- that is, they fail to produce viable offspring. Laughing yout got the point, i agree with you

Without any factor selecting against a particular trait, it is retained. The appendix no longer serves a function, but it is still there. Likely it will eventually become less and less prominent and may vanish altogether in individuals and then in populations because there are no selective pressures against people born with minute appendices.

On the other hand, if there was a worldwide epidimic of some virulent and deadly disease that could only survive in the appendix, the surviving population (if there was one) should be appendix free or resistant to the disease.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:17 am
make no mistake; evolution is over. we no longer have 'time' for it; whatever changes are to be made to our species in the future will be made by us!
and then we will make a new species.............
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:41 am
Hey Sugar, long time now see. It is good to know that you are still amongst us. You were the first person who helped my at the other site. Remember?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:35 am
oops, for a moment, in default, i thought you meant me!

[Mr. Sacharine! yeh fat chance Rolling Eyes ]
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:53 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Small waisted, large hipped women tended to produce offspring more easily. (Here we go, being anthropological again!). Therefore, that sort of woman was considered more desirable by early man. Women with narrow distances between their pelvic bones often had difficulty in childbirth. I would assume, that before Caesarean sections, many of these women died in childbirth.

Too damn right they did P-nix. So, what is the most important quality at this point for a male? ...

Some have suggested that women would prefer to have looks over brains because they know that men can see better than they can think. Laughing

What I find very interesting from this past weeks news is tht eventually we may not have any men at all! At that point will we women be smarter but ugly? (I haven't seen Slappy's sister, so I can't delve into that!)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:50 pm
Squinny it is great to see you I hope you can hang out with us more often.
0 Replies