homosexuality is not 'unnatural'

Mortkat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:14 pm
Well, you may indeed hold that opinion but it is not the opinion held by many experts. If you need a link, you may go to a fine paper entitled

"The Complex Interaction of Genes and Environment: a Model for Homosexuality" which indeed does indicate that the consensus of studies show that Environment is responsible for 50% of Homosexual leanings.

Link

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/narth/1995papers/satinover.html
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:26 pm
My comment was not a repudiation of environmental factors in the "etiology" of homosexuality. I was simply arguing that whatever the cause, it is not a problem in any absolute sense
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:06 am
Not a problem in an absolute sense? just exactly what does that mean?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 04:06 pm
It is not an intrinsic problem (i.e., there is nothing inherently wrong with homosexuality). It is a problem only because others define it as something unacceptable to them (i.e., it is an extrinsic problem). In other words, the problem is relative, not absolute.
Don't tell me THAT'S not clear.
0 Replies

KingDeBate

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:50 pm
Homosexuality is something that is a personal decision and is how someone choses to live. I personally think that it is completely find for a man to like a man or a woman like a woman. It may be because i have friends that are homosexual and they are my friends and im not going to let homosexuality cause me to lose a friend. It has been proven that in ancient Roman time most of the time there were cases where a man liked a man, they considered it perfectly normal and had nothing against it. now dont you think that if they could deal with it and let it be that persons decision we should be able to also? So you are allowed to think what you want to think about homosexuality, now let the people who chose to be homosexual chose to be it or not its there choise to make not anyone elses so they shouldnt be judged for there decision.

cyas 8~D
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 08:59 pm
KingDebate - I think you are confusing the Romans with the Greeks.

So if it's a choice KingDebate I have to ask you when you had your first homosexual thought and what did the guy look like? How old were you? If we choose our sexual preference that means we have sexual thoughts about both men and women and at some time we just pick one over the other. So was the guy hot? When did you decide to stick to women?
0 Replies