Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:29 pm
Pleased to make your acquaintance, Samael.

Welcome to A2K.

Hope you stick around.

We need advocates for all positions -- and you might be hard to replace.

Good posts.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:58 pm
Greetings to all. I just happened to stumble across this forum via a philosophy forum I frequent, and consequently came apon this thread.
I feel there are some misconceptions that should be addressed, which I will get to.

But first ,a little about myself and my philosophy. I am 28, an IT professional,and a dedicated Satanist.

Yes, that's right, a Satanist.

What might a dedicated Satanist dedicate himself to, one might wonder. The answer to that is simple;oneself. Satanism is not atheistic, as many with a passing knowledge might conclude, it is autotheistic. Satanism forwards the premise that the experience people commonly associate with the 'divine' is simply another function of the carnal, and stems from within rather than without. Satanism also forwards the premise of moral relativity, whereas 'morality' is always a manufacture of the self, regardless if you create your own or accept someone elses moral paradigm. Lastly, Satanism forwards the premise that each person ultimately has more influence on and is of more importance to oneself than any other,and by worshipping a god created by another man you are worshipping that man by proxy of worshipping his idea.

So we become our own, by all psychological constructs of the word, our own 'gods'. Hence, autotheism. Satanists don't worship anything, and in fact are highly skeptical of all things. Doubt is key to Satanism.

Pre-emptive to the question 'why call it satanism if you don't believe in the supernatural?' which is the first question most intelligent people ask, I will explain.
Satan, in the original hebrew, means 'adversary' 'acuser' or 'opposer'. Satanists are essentially 'adversarialists' in that they (we) are aligned with the adversarial undercurrent pervasive in society and nature. We find ourselves directly opposed to many popular beliefs based out of theism (altruism, pacifism, turning the other cheek, spirituality, unconditional love, dualism, faith..to name but a few examples)

Just a couple reasons Satan fits our bill, but there are more. I have hardly scratched the surface.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:04 pm
doktor Wrote:

Quote:
Lastly, Satanism forwards the premise that each person ultimately has more influence on and is of more importance to oneself than any other,and by worshipping a god created by another man you are worshipping that man by proxy of worshipping his idea.

Sounds a lot like narcicissm (sp) to me. This is the direct opposite of Christianity. In Christianity it's God first, others next, ourselves last.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:19 am
In Satanism it is also 'god first'...the difference being that god is what constitutes our ego.
Besides, some would argue that altruism doesn't really exist other than as an unattainable concept. Putting 'yourself last' is not easily done when every action taken by anyone is selfish on some level.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:21 am
It would seem that to a Satanist, any salvation can only come from the individual and not from without. This means that the only way to make the world better is to do it yourself instead of praying for it.

Or am I wrong?

Frankly, I don't think Satanism can be classed as atheism. They're two different things.

In fact, modern Satanism to me seems nothing more than a perversion of old Gnosticism and atheism.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:24 am
How come you Satanists didn't respond to my thread from a few months ago?

oh, you're all newbies.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:08 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
It would seem that to a Satanist, any salvation can only come from the individual and not from without. This means that the only way to make the world better is to do it yourself instead of praying for it.

Bang on.
Quote:

Frankly, I don't think Satanism can be classed as atheism. They're two different things.

In fact, modern Satanism to me seems nothing more than a perversion of old Gnosticism and atheism.

Well, Satanism has nothing to do with gnosticism. Gnostisism being the inversion of christianity, with christ and the serpent being one and all that...
Satanism has nothing to do with christian dogma, aside from the fact that much of the philosophy is a direct inversion. Abrahamic religion views the human condition as something to be overcome, while Satanism sees it as something to be embraced. Abrahamic religion encourages love for all and hate for none, while Satanism encourages both in moderation, where they are deserved. Satanism embraces life, and sees death as the enemy..where as abrahamic religion see's life as something to be endured and death to be looked forward to. There is much more, but it comes down to Satanism being the adversary to all that is false and anti-human while striving towards pro-humanism and undefiled wisdom.
And as I mentioned, Satanism isn't atheistic 'persay'. It is autotheistic.
Quote:

How come you Satanists didn't respond to my thread from a few months ago?

oh, you're all newbies.

By 'you're all' I assume you mean myself and that one other guy. Yes, that makes a whole bunch of us...
Rolling Eyes
Anyway..
1 - I never saw your thread..whatever that may be..I did a search and this is the first and most relevant one I found on the subject.
2 - Just because I haven't posted much on THIS forum don't assume I am a 'newbie' All web forums are essentially the same and I assure you I have been posting on them for years. Nothing new here.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:17 pm
See that "just hatched" by your name? Means newbie in these here parts.

Regardless of where you came before, you're a newbie here.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:34 pm
Doktor S wrote:

By 'you're all' I assume you mean myself and that one other guy. Yes, that makes a whole bunch of us...
Rolling Eyes

Oh well in that case Dok, I'd like to introduce myself, my name is
Haywood Yabuzzoff.

Bella, recently arrived here from sunny Italia, is our head of security,
Donatella Nobody.

pffffttt.

<darn satanists, all forums the same my patoot>
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:12 pm
Chai Tea,

I love your sense of humor.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:16 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
See that "just hatched" by your name? Means newbie in these here parts.

Regardless of where you came before, you're a newbie here.

And my point...so what?
What has that got to do with the thread topic, or anything or relevance that has been said?
The number of times you post doesn't make your penis any larger, I assure you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:20 pm
Let's be neighborly now.
Hey Dok;
M'neighbor, Joe Sixpack is invitin' everbody fer the bes' durn bar b q ribs in alla Snohomish County. C'mon over and swilla few. 'K?

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/cheers.gif

You come too, MA and Bella

Jest don' show us yer privates, Dok; 'K?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:01 pm
Oh my way Neo. What can I bring?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:07 pm
How's yer cole slaw recipe?

Better bring a towel, too. I not sure Dok won't try to give a demo. Bein' a newbie an' not knowin' the rules'nall that
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:21 pm
I make a mean cole slaw! Towel? No problem. Perhaps we need to get a chaperone for Dok?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:27 pm
Y'think you'n Bella
C'n handle th' fella?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 12:18 pm
Can I come too?

I make great deviled eggs!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 12:35 pm
Deviled eggs?! Chai Tea, I absolutely love deviled eggs! Let her come, Neo! Please!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
Deviled eggs? Wicked child! Deviled eggs are the work of Satan! When God created the egg, perfect and good, Satan did espy it and envied its perfectness and roundness and deviled it to spoil its perfection!

-- Quote paraphrased from Blackadder II, the Episode entitled, "Money". (Except that one was about turnips).

All joking aside though, what are these deviled eggs you speak of?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:12 pm
Wolf,

You don't know what deviled eggs are?! Oh my! Chai Tea, my dear, please enlighten him! (Yes, this is my sneaky way of getting your recipe for mean deviled eggs! :wink: )
0 Replies