Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 02:31 am
Does anyone here know anything about the Church of Satan? - Or familiar with the "teachings" of Anton LaVey...

I find it entertaining that the Church of Satan exists. If one was truely and innately integrated into what satanism implies (read The Satanic Bible, I guess), why would you become part of a group?

A group is a collection of individuals, and nothing more. Why the membership cards for a hundred bucks?

I just can't see any high powered lawyers coming home and posting on a message board for the mere compulsion to promote self. These would be the "real" satanists, so to speak. It would be fair to say that this board's consortium of persons is more of the "lead alongs" of satanism. The manipulators become the manipulated.

Anton LaVey did not teach anything, or invent anything. Many of those who express satanic qualities have never even heard of the Church of Satan. Anton just cashed in on this venture of the human psychy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,852 • Replies: 45
No top replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 05:16 am
Doesn't sound like a very nice group.
0 Replies

preinfixed

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:29 am
well, they can be very nice... just rather .. dilluted.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:50 am
I thought Satanism meant S=someone with a tan who tries to maintain much to their own detrement.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:27 am
Dilluted? Is that like, the opposite of concentrated?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 12:01 pm
Sounds like somebody just doesn't like "Satanists"and/or "Anton LeVey."

So what is your point?

Why not a group? What do you have against that idea? Strength in numbers -- and all that.

So the guy charges $100 for membership. Whatever he finally makes out of this will be small potatoes. If history is any indicator, the people who start these cult things (not that I'm calling it a cult) usually put in 70 & 80 hour work weeks.

And if he actually makes a few bucks on it, so....???
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 01:29 pm
snood wrote:
Dilluted? Is that like, the opposite of concentrated?

To get there, you have to dilute the concentrate or if you prefer, concentrate the diluent. Razz
0 Replies

trixabell

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 07:36 am
okay then...satanism...something i actually know about...i myself am atheist but understand satanism to be the opposite of christianity- an outdated, homophobic and sexist religion in many respects. LaVey teaches that christianity contains many things in need of editing, all of the 10 commandments go against natural human impulse and that there is actually no good reason that, within reason, we shouldnt follow our instincts because, as animals ourselves, any assumption that we are somehow 'above' such things is rather stupid. okay, LaVey said a lot of things in common with modern atheist beliefs, but he is pretty much the only person to put it into one place...what else is the use for the Christian Bible? someone had to write it sometime....before you make judgements such as ''Doesn't sound like a very nice group.'' read the teachings...they actually make a lot of sense
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 10:12 am
yeah, you're probably right. they're probably a great buncha reasonable, normal folk. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 10:26 am
I thought Anton LeVey was dead. I guess I'm mistaken.

Yes, he is just making a buck on Satan's name, but certainly Satan would approve of that.
I don't know whether he is earnest about his beliefs or not.
There are probably thousands of ways to be a Satanist, just as there are thousands of ways to be a Christian.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 10:30 am
Well, Satan by definition is an evil spirit, so the people claiming being Satanists deliberately prefer evil to good. Well, maybe they want preferential treatment in the Hell after death?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 10:49 am
steissd wrote:
Well, Satan by definition is an evil spirit, so the people claiming being Satanists deliberately prefer evil to good. Well, maybe they want preferential treatment in the Hell after death?

No, see - they probably see that whole "evil" thing as some kind of misrepresentation, and that Satan is basically a misunderstood "pro-human" force of some kind.

Whew.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 10:50 am
Playing Devil's Advocate here- the following is NOT my personal opinion:

WHAT IF Christians have been mistaken all this time and we really have been under the reign of the devil all along? Isn't the evil one supposed to reign for so-many thousand years? What if "Jehovah" is really the fallen angel and we've been worshipping the the wrong deity; and Lucifer (lord of light) is the rightful, beneficent deity.

It might explain why there is so much pain, suffering and hatred in today's world.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 10:51 am
By the way, Satan is also known as the "father of all lies", and the "author of confusion".
0 Replies

Samael

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 07:45 pm
Do you question or simply believe?
Quote:

The idea that Satan is an evil spirit is a Christian concept, not a Satanic one. However, there are pseudo-Satanists who buy into the religion of Satanism because they think it is a simple inversion of Christianity. Such people derive some twisted pleasure from acting in such a way that would please the Christian version of Satan. Those people aren't Satanists, they are Christians in the sense that they haven't detached themselves from the Christian reality tunnel.

Quote:
No, see - they probably see that whole "evil" thing as some kind of misrepresentation, and that Satan is basically a misunderstood "pro-human" force of some kind.

In the religion of [real] Satanism, your statement is essentially correct. Given that the book of Genesis is a pathetic mistranslation of Sumerian mythos one will find that the Serpent actually was "pro-human" insofar as His origins as the Sumerian god Enki (a.k.a., Ea).

In brief, the Sumerian god Enki (associated with the serpent, snake, wisdom, life and agriculture) took part in the creation of mankind for the purpose of creating a slave species to serve the Grand Assembly of the Anunnaki. Enki later decided that man should be as the gods; spiritually free and enlightened beings. His half-brother however, Enlil (associated with the sky and storms), thought that man should be kept as an ignorant [naked] slave whose only purpose would be to serve the gods. What follows is Enki warring against His brother Enlil, even to the degree that Enlil speaks slanderous words against Enki. One Sumerian story illustrates that Enlil knew a flood was coming that would destroy much of humanity but he kept his knowledge of it secret so that man could be wiped out. Gladly, Enki found out about the forthcoming flood and warned Utnapishtim (i.e., Noah) and instructed him on how to survive the flood.

The story of Zeus and Prometheus reflects Genesis as well. It was Prometheus who decided to give man the knowledge of fire and Zeus (associated with the sky and storms) that demanded that man be kept ignorant.

Furthermore, the story of Set and Osiris reveals connections to Genesis but also the initial Sumerian story from which Genesis derives. One might recall that it was the storm god Set that murdered Osiris, the civil god of wisdom.

Quote:
By the way, Satan is also known as the "father of all lies", and the "author of confusion".

The horrible associations that Satan carries are a product of the Christian and Right-Hand Path propaganda machines. As William Bramley illustrated in his book _The Gods of Eden_:

"The Bible informs us that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was overcome before it was able to complete its mission and give Adam and Eve the "fruit" from the second "tree." Ea (who was also symbolized as a snake) was banished to Earth and was extensively villainized by his opponents to ensure that he could never again secure a widespread following among human beings. Ea's title was changed from "Prince of Earth" to "Prince of Darkness." He was labeled other horrible epithets: Satan, the Devil, Evil Incarnate, Monarch of Hell, Lord of Vermin, Prince of Liars, and more. He was portrayed as the mortal enemy of a Supreme Being and as the keeper of Hell. People were taught that his only intentions were to spiritually enslave everyone and that everything bad on Earth was caused by him. Humans were encouraged to detect him in all his future lives ("incarnations") and to destroy him and his creations whenever he was discovered. All beliefs and practices named after his various appellations ("Satanism," "Devil Worship," etc.) were to be made so horrific and degrading that no right-thinking person would (or should) have anything to do with them. He and his followers were to be viewed with nothing but the utmost loathing." (page 55, "Brotherhood of the Snake")

As for the Church of Satan (CoS), that organization is little more than a personality cult consisting of rebellious atheists who cannot divorce themselves from the Christian personification of Satan. However, much of LaVey's writings are true Left-Hand Path; true Satanism. Ultimately, I am not here to waste time defaming the CoS as their existence serves our purposes.

Thank you for your time,
Rev. D. Samael Daval
President/HP, The Satanic Empire
Edit (Moderator): Link removed. Please read the terms of service.

"...there are religions that are as rigid as the shaft of a lance: they demand blind, unquestioning compliance and they spread their hierarchy to all fields of human action. These religions resist change of any sort. They were laid down by men who wanted to make sure that those who followed would forever remain in a spiritual prison." Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa

Sources & Further Reading

Genesis of the Grail Kings by Laurence Gardner
The Gods of Eden by William Bramley
Genesis Revisited by Zecharia Sitchin
Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock
God Games: What Do You Do Forever? by Neil Freer
The Sumerians: Their History, Culture & Character by Samuel Kramer
0 Replies

Lord BISON

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:20 am
Is there ANYONE here who wishes to know the TRUTH about Satan? Because I can tell you. He is a good friend of mine.

I'm serious.

Satan, Baelzebub, Nephthys, Dionysos, Isis, Zeus - I am friends with all of these GODS.

They are real, and they are not "evil."

Baelzebub is Satan's half-brother. All of the old Gods of the Earth are now known as "Demons."

Baelzebub is The Sumerian God Enlil. He is the Second Crown Prince of Hell. (Hell is a Planet in the constellation Orion - it is a PARADISE. There is another "Hell" that is ruled by "God" - where he tortures humans. Have you ever heard of the lost book of Enoch? It was edited out of the Bible because it reveals jehova's true nature).

Satan did NOT "Rebel" against "God" - Satan was one of the most powerful and high-ranking Gods of Heaven (known to scientists as Nibiru, the 10th and final planet of our solar system). The god Jehova was a nobody, who managed to amass a HUGE army and wage war against Father Satan. The Old Gods were outnumbered. How did Jehova get such a large army? He had ONE thing that he shared in common with many of the gods that fought with him:

They all hated humans.

Humankind was created. Man did not evolve naturally. The Annunaki / Nephilim / Gods / DEMONS created mankind...

The Sumerian God Enki / Ea, The Egyptian God Ptah, and Samael / Lucifer / Satan are ALL THE SAME PERSON.

Marduk/Amon Ra - the supreme God of Egypt and a High Ranking God in Sumeria, is Satan's eldest son. Satan's other sons are also Egyptian Gods - Set, Osiris, and Thoth/Hermes.

(The Greeks said that Hermes was the son of Zeus, but He was actually Satan/Ptah's son - Zeus RAISED Hermes as a favor to Satan, and the Gods simply told mankind that Hermes was Zeus' son to make life easier.)

Satan is the TRUE creator of Humanity.

He genetically engineered the race of mankind by combining the DNA of advanced Earth primates with his own DNA. THAT is one reason why His symbol is the serpent - which is often seen, two serpents intertwined, just like on Hermes' staff, the caduceus. Look at it VERY closely: it looks like a DNA double-helix.

The name "Satan" means "Accuser" or "Advesary" - he is the "underdog" if you will. He is also the "accuser" because everything was STOLEN from him and the other old Gods of the Earth - His FAMILY and BEST FRIENDS. He is accusing the guilty party of commiting a crime. This guilty party would be "god."

The xtian/jewish/muslim god are all the same person. HE IS NOT ALMIGHTY. At ALL. He simply won a war. That is IT. Nothing more - in fact, he is younger than Zeus, Satan, Isis, Hera, and many other Gods. He certainly did not create the universe.

Everything in xtianity is STOLEN from "Pagan" religions. All the stories, holidays, rites - EVERYTHING. They just consolidated a bunch of old "myths" (which are actually true stories) and replaced EVERY God's name with the word "God" - so that HE takes all the credit.

Every God rules something. Zeus is God of Thunder, Lord of the sky. Satan/Enki is God of wisdom, water, and knowledge.

Jehova is the God of lies.

He also manipulates love - a VERY vulnerable spot in humans - by forcing "Jesus Christ" onto the human race and DEMANDING that we "love" him OR ELSE. That is not love. That is just opening yourself up to psychic attack. Christians have the highest rate of depression and suicide. That is because angels feed on human energy. They despise humankind.

Satan and the old Gods lost the war last time, but they will win the war that is CURRENTLY BEING FOUGHT. Satan is the Sumerian God of wisdom and an expert in prophecy - one of the most powerful in precognition. He has already told much of His clergy, in PERSON, that "we have won." Gods can see the future. Jehova is fucked.

The final Book of the Bible is called "Revelation." Most people don't ever pay attention to what the word "Revelation" MEANS. It's like calling the book, "epiphany" - or, "Holy crap, now I know the truth!!!"

A revelation is when you realize something - some important truth that you never knew before. That truth is that GOD AND THE DEVIL ARE BACKWARDS.

Zeus once killed angels that were in my room. Do you know what it's like to banish an angel? It's a WONDERFUL feeling. Demons (read: GODS) are MUCH more powerful than angels (the vast majority of angels are not gods or anywhere near gods in terms of power; most of them are drones).

People are TOLD that "God" is good, so they believe it. If they approach life with an open mind and get a few real psychic experiences, they will see what the truth REALLY is.

Apollo once helped me find a street that I was looking for when I was in a city that I am unfamiliar with. He made it blatantly obvious that it was Him, also. The Demons are VERY nice guys. One time, one Demon said to me (He was compairing Himself to another Demon-God) - I'm like a big teddy bear compared to Him (the Demons are all EXTREMELY different as well. He was compairing Himself to a God whose energy was dark. Hades, Set, Osiris, and Nergal are all VERY dark Gods, but they are NOT EVIL. I assure you.)

The apocalypse is coming, and with it, armageddon. It won't be here for a long time, but it is coming. We are slowly entering the Age of Aquarius - the Age of Father Satan. The ONLY reason He lost the war was because he was GROSSLY OUTNUMBERED. But it will be different this time.

Anyone who wishes to approach this with a TRULY open mind, should visit Edit (Moderator): Link removed. Promotional links are against the TOS.

Though I will warn you now, there is a High Priest of the clergy of Satan, who goes by the name "High Priest Dann." He is an important and a smart person, and whereas I have only SPOKEN to Gods, He has MET many of them, FACE TO FACE, including Satan Himself. (The Gods are BEAUTIFUL, by the way. They are physically perfect beings, and they are immortal - just like all the myths say).

The point I am making here is, Gods like to be cryptic - they want you to figure things out on your own. Right now, HP Dann believes that Greece was actually ruled by jehova (the enemy), and that many of the Greek Gods are angels. He also says that Greece "stole" a lot from other civilizations. That is blatantly false - Greece CREDITED older civilizations with much of what they knew (Pythagoras studied in Egypt for over a decade, for example), and Greeks never set out to destroy older civilizations to cover up the fact that a lot of what they knew was around before them - UNLIKE what xtians and jews and muslims do. They are deluded - under a "spell," if you will.

My own experience tells me -CONCLUSIVELY- that a lot of Greek Gods are Demons, not angels. HP Dann is correct about most things most of the time, but here, he is a little off. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, though. I only mentioned this to let anyone here who is interested know, that nothing regarding this is set in stone. He may be right or wrong about it - it is WAY too early to tell. The Gods will give things like this a LOT of time before they reveal the answer. I don't want to be controversial, or have anyone start any fights - I just wanted to have people keep an open mind about this until the truth is known.

High Priestess Maxine is the owner of the website. There isn't really a "leader" there, but everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) respects this woman. A LOT. She is one of a kind.

The Church of Satan, and all that other crap, is nonsense. Those that DO acknowledge Satan as a REAL being often don't really interact with Him.

High Priestess Maxine's site - the Joy of Satan - is very different - no fees, nothing - you come simply to learn and grow. Satan and the Gods want humans to advance spiritually also. That is what many of the heiroglyphs in Egypt were about - the stuff CARVED IN STONE. Advancement. Human ascension. Over centuries of being oppressed by jehova, humankind has grown psychically weak. Satan wants us all to take what is ours, BACK.

Basically, The point is, the Demons are the old Gods of the Earth. "God" - the false god - is the "bad guy."

And so,

Now you know the truth.

Hail Satan.
0 Replies

whatis1029

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:30 pm
satanism is no more a religion than is wicca or paperclip collecting.

Religion respects a divinity as the source of all, or at least life. Paperclip collecting, wicca, and satanism are devoid of this.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 07:21 pm
Wicca is a religion.

I have the Satanic Bible, mostly for the purpose of writing in the margins to mark points that are comparable to Christian ideology (but exact opposites). It's not a religion.
0 Replies

Samael

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:07 pm
Is Satanism a Religion?
Quote:
satanism is no more a religion than is wicca or paperclip collecting.

Religion respects a divinity as the source of all, or at least life. Paperclip collecting, wicca, and satanism are devoid of this.

Your statement is rather uneducated and ultimately childishly slanderous. Satanism is a religion according to the definition of the term.

religion
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (Fourth Edition)

religion
2, devoutness; dedication to a holy life.
The New American Webster Handy College Dictionary (Third Edition)

Your definition of religion seems to be based on the erroneous belief structure propagated by the Right-Hand Path (Christian, Judaism, Islamic, etc.). Your idea that only your religion or certain types of religions are valid is most certainly the reason why so many wars have been waged against brother and neighbor. In the RHP reality tunnel all outsiders are inferior and subject to slaughter because divine authority essentially states [or in some way endorses the idea] that it is ok to destroy the nonbeliever.

If you question the evil nature of the RHP religions I suggest you take a closer look at their "holy" books and the actions of the gods which they are centered on.

"Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!" Psalms 137:9

All religions are valid while some [in my opinion] are more logical and beneficial than others. Of course, even the with the blood drenched history of Christianity and the tyrannical slave-master god which it is erected to, it can be beneficial to the degree that many of its adherents are peaceful and nice people. To each his own.

Have you ever wondered if the character you have been led to believe is the bad guy is actually the good guy?

Even if these cosmic claims for Yahweh were all true, and I don't think they can be fully substantiated if, indeed, they are just extensions of the overall forgery, I would categorically and absolutely refuse to submit to Yahweh's dominion even under threat of his notorious wrath. How can one respect, much less work for, any entity who acts in ways that do not even measure up to the imperfect ideals of the highest development of an ordinary human, who does not act in ways that are even up to the relatively primitive standards of international law or the Constitution?" God Games: What Do You Do Forever? by Neil Freer ("Beyond Religion," page 129)

Further Reading

Atheism: The Case Against God
by George Smith

Holy Hatred: Religious Conflicts of the '90s
by James A. Haught

Holy Horrors: An Illustrated History of Religious Murder & Madness
by James A. Haught

Letters From the Earth
by Mark Twain

Why I Am Not a Christian
by Bertrand Russell

Thank you for your time,
Rev. D. Samael Daval

"...there are religions that are as rigid as the shaft of a lance: they demand blind, unquestioning compliance and they spread their hierarchy to all fields of human action. These religions resist change of any sort. They were laid down by men who wanted to make sure that those who followed would forever remain in a spiritual prison." Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa
0 Replies

Samael

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:11 pm
Concerning Zeus
Quote:
Is there ANYONE here who wishes to know the TRUTH about Satan? Because I can tell you. He is a good friend of mine.

I'm serious.

Satan, Baelzebub, Nephthys, Dionysos, Isis, Zeus - I am friends with all of these GODS.

Whether your statement is true or not, I would like to give you a friendly warning not to mix Zeus in with the other names. Zeus hardly represents the Left-Hand Path. He is a readily recognizable incarnation of Enlil, Set, Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah, etc. Like the other characters I mentioned, if Zeus were to exist he would certainly not be deserving of friendship, worship or even respect from a person dedicated to the Left-Hand Path (e.g., Satanism).

"In Anunnaki culture the female was the source of sovereignty and by rights Enki or Samael (Satan) was therefore the rightful heir to his father Anu, king of the Anunnaki or gods. Enlil disputed this claim and furthermore resented Enki's patronage and assistance of mankind, whom Enlil (Jehovah-Zeus) hated and wished constantly to destroy. This story is repeated in the Greek tale of Zeus' hatred of mankind and the war for supremacy and control of man waged between the elder gods, the Titans, led by Prometheus; and the younger gods, the Olympians, led by Zeus." Prince Nicholas De Vere (the source text is no longer publicly available [to my knowledge])

"It is the fate of the bronze race that is of particular interest to us here. Described in the myths as having 'the strength of giants, and mighty hands on their mighty limbs', these formidable men were exterminated by Zeus, king of the gods, as punishment for the misdeeds of Prometheus, the rebellious Titan who had presented humanity with the gift of fire. The mechanism the vengeful deity used to sweep the earth clean was an overwhelming flood.
In the most widespread version of the story Prometheus impregnated a human female. She bore him a son named Deucalion, who ruled over the country of Phthia, in Thessaly, and took to wife Pyrrha, 'the red-blonde', daughter of Epimetheus and Pandora. When Zeus reached his fateful decision to destroy the bronze race, Deucalion, forewarned by Prometheus, made a wooden box, stored in it 'all that was necessary', and climbed into it with Pyrrha. The king of the gods caused mighty rains to pour from heaven, flooding the greater part of the earth. All mankind perished in this deluge, save a few who had fled to the highest mountains."
Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock ("Echoes of our Dreams" page 195)

Theism is an illogical yet extremely effective trap for the minds of women and men. It is possible that your claims are true (just the same as anyone)--which is to say that you would then not simply be a theist--however, if you cannot present evidence for your claims you should abandon them.

Be careful what you choose to believe in.

Stay dedicated,
Rev. D. Samael Daval

"When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion." C.P. Snow
0 Replies